The Casual Bag Thread

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any store can I get to have a feel and test out chrome backpack?

I looking for waterproof bag that can withstand heavy rain and inside the stuff will not be wet

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any store can I get to have a feel and test out chrome backpack?

I looking for waterproof bag that can withstand heavy rain and inside the stuff will not be wet

I remember saw one at Bugis which sell chrome bags.

like u go up turn left billabong / Levi's area there.

if not the floor above.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Other than Rimowa, anyone knows of any bags for laptop that have a strap to put around handle of luggage?

Thanks

Rong626

Reaction score
Last edited:

keithchan

Reaction score
I was keen on the weekender but had the same thoughts with it being too large for a EDC or sorts. Eventually got myself a duffel lite instead.

qazamy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the Synik 30 from Tom Bihn before? How does it hold up in Singapore's climate?
DSC00315.png

Am looking for an upgrade from my 5-year-old NH500 from Quechua (Decathlon) which is 30L capacity, 18.9" x 11.4" x 10.2".
871b996d-8002-4064-904c-210f49794c6d_2f489b82-9684-4ab6-bb5f-aa8bc4ccacb4_960x.jpg

I'm a fairly big guy at 6 ft tall with a 50" pit-to-pit chest circumference. Am looking for an EDC backpack that can function as a travel backpack for week-long tourings within SEA (2 shirts, 5 t-shirts, 3 shorts, jeans/pants, slippers, toiletries). Also am considering Tortuga Outbreaker Laptop Backpack and Aer Travel Pack 3 Small X-Pac. Feel free to pitch any other recommendations.

I would say that the content in my EDC is pretty minimal:
- hoodie,
- 13" MacBook Pro+charging adapter+cable,
- 30,000 mAh power bank+cable,
- housekeys,
- tissue packets (wet+dry) and face wipes,
- earpiece (wired+wireless),
- hand sanitiser,
- hand moisturisers.
- small bottle of perfume,
- lighter,
- Victorinox Swiss Army Knife,
- small umbrella,
- rain cover for bag,
- some plastic bags,
- a small box of disposable toothpicks.

PillowCloud

Reaction score
MK, Kate Spade or Coach for casual
Hi all, I am looking for a handbag/crossbody bag with a budget of $500.
It is the bag for going out with friends/family/bf occasion d&d/wedding dinner, definitely not for work
It's my first time buying a designer brand for me to enter entry-level and work my way towards high-end luxury level (Loewe, Gucci, Chanel and etc)

I would like to know which of the three brands above is the best.

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is the bag for going out with friends/family/bf occasion d&d/wedding dinner, definitely not for work
It's my first time buying a designer brand for me to enter entry-level and work my way towards high-end luxury level (Loewe, Gucci, Chanel and etc)

MK - complete trash
Kate Spade - Semi trash
Coach - Passable. Get this

High end luxury - i like all 3 but i believe Chanel is the most desirable among ladies...

kumarsutra

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been using Timbuk2 Spire for the past 4 years and plan to change my backpack.

Planning to put in a 14inch macbook, spectacles in case, work/ sch notes, water bottle.
I liked my Timbuk2 Spire but always feel annoyed when my water bottles fells off the side pocket( not high enough).

I was looking at Boundary Errant and reached to those selling it used on carousel for their review. They recommended me to get other bags (peels and cracks) instead of Boundary since I am buying brand new.

Any brands you guys would recommend based of your experience?
Not looking at luxury brands or Herschel/Crumpler.

How is chrome industries if any of you have used it?

Thanks.

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been using Timbuk2 Spire for the past 4 years and plan to change my backpack.

Planning to put in a 14inch macbook, spectacles in case, work/ sch notes, water bottle.
I liked my Timbuk2 Spire but always feel annoyed when my water bottles fells off the side pocket( not high enough).

I was looking at Boundary Errant and reached to those selling it used on carousel for their review. They recommended me to get other bags (peels and cracks) instead of Boundary since I am buying brand new.

Any brands you guys would recommend based of your experience?
Not looking at luxury brands or Herschel/Crumpler.

How is chrome industries if any of you have used it?

Thanks.

Check out this brand call Hex if you can find it.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am also looking for a crossbody bag for casual outing to put my stuff items. I would say Coach would be a better choice. For the high end luxury, why not LV?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.