Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #1531
Supremacy Member

You can also consider menicon soft 72 toric, just checked
Thank you. I will check out the lens

Last edited by white_prince; 11-09-2018 at 01:34 PM..
white_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #1532

Hi all,

I have high degree of astigmatism - 500 for both eyes. I am looking for disposal contact lenses because I still prefer wearing spectacles on normal occasions. I approached serveral optical shops to ask for such kind of contact lens and all say donít have such high degree one but there is when I searched on Google. Problem is, I donít understand the specifications online and I prefer to get it from physical shops to Ensure I donít get the wrong one.

Anyone knows where or how I could get such contact lenses? Even better if you could tell me the brands to look out for.

Thanks all!
primus87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #1533
High Supremacy Member

if len degree is 500, what should be the contact lense degree? any increment or offset from len degree?
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #1534
Master Member

Hi all,

I have high degree of astigmatism - 500 for both eyes. I am looking for disposal contact lenses because I still prefer wearing spectacles on normal occasions. I approached serveral optical shops to ask for such kind of contact lens and all say donít have such high degree one but there is when I searched on Google. Problem is, I donít understand the specifications online and I prefer to get it from physical shops to Ensure I donít get the wrong one.

Anyone knows where or how I could get such contact lenses? Even better if you could tell me the brands to look out for.

Thanks all!
Hi Primus, i also replied to your query on the LASIK thread.
for soft lenses, the best option probably would be flexcon. but for such high astigmatism, the lenses might not be that stable on the eye.
you will experience lots of movements and yes your spectacles of course will give you the best vision. I am sure the price you pay for your lenses is on the steeper side as well due to that.
as i replied on the other thread, gas permeable lenses might be an option if you dont wish to wear glasses for special occasions. either soft or hard. hard lenses not advisable for vigrous sports though, and note that the vision for soft lenses will not be optimum.
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #1535
Master Member

if len degree is 500, what should be the contact lense degree? any increment or offset from len degree?
if spectacle lens degree is -5.00, cl degree usually will be lesser.
again, no definitive answer. if there is , opticians/optometrists would be out of jobs. We have to get you to try and we have to use our professional judgement to determine which is better for you and which degree do you feel most comfortable in without compromising vision quality.

but if you need a number, -4.50 or so.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #1536

Hi Primus, i also replied to your query on the LASIK thread.
for soft lenses, the best option probably would be flexcon. but for such high astigmatism, the lenses might not be that stable on the eye.
you will experience lots of movements and yes your spectacles of course will give you the best vision. I am sure the price you pay for your lenses is on the steeper side as well due to that.
as i replied on the other thread, gas permeable lenses might be an option if you dont wish to wear glasses for special occasions. either soft or hard. hard lenses not advisable for vigrous sports though, and note that the vision for soft lenses will not be optimum.
Thank you thank you. Hard lenses are those yearly kind right? My sis used hard lenses in the past and advices against it. Iím willing to sacrifice abit of vision for convenience on occasions since I wear glasses on a daily basis. Is flexcon readily available in normal shops here?
Old 15-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #1537
Master Member

Thank you thank you. Hard lenses are those yearly kind right? My sis used hard lenses in the past and advices against it. Iím willing to sacrifice abit of vision for convenience on occasions since I wear glasses on a daily basis. Is flexcon readily available in normal shops here?
She must have had a bad experience with it to advice you against it... It is better in terms of oxygen content going into your eye and clarity of vision.
I would not say readily available but it can be custom ordered.
Old 15-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #1538

She must have had a bad experience with it to advice you against it... It is better in terms of oxygen content going into your eye and clarity of vision.
I would not say readily available but it can be custom ordered.
Yes. Cos sheís lazy and she said hard lenses very mafan. Hahahahaha.
Anywhere you know that can custom order? What kind of price am I looking at? I went to a few all tell me donít have.
Old 15-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #1539
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Thanks all!
I had almost the same asti as you -525.
Had been going around to many optical shops to only find out that weíre left with flexcon.
So today, i went to titus eye care. They have monthly high asti soft silicon lens but comes with a price of $700 for 2 boxes of monthly usage for 6 months use excluding consultation fee of $80. My degree and Asti not possible to do Ortho-K too.
The monthly contact lens comes under Mark Ennvoy brand model saphir RX.
You can try if u wants.

Last edited by white_prince; 15-09-2018 at 04:05 PM..
white_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #1540

Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.
MrRayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #1541
Master Member

Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.
Hi there. No free lunch in the world.
We take our time to understand your needs, explain the risks and teach you how to handle and wear the lenses.

Usually you buy the boxes, the fees will waived.
If not, you pay for consultation with few pairs of free trial but no boxes...
Old 20-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #1542

I had almost the same asti as you -525.
Had been going around to many optical shops to only find out that weíre left with flexcon.
So today, i went to titus eye care. They have monthly high asti soft silicon lens but comes with a price of $700 for 2 boxes of monthly usage for 6 months use excluding consultation fee of $80. My degree and Asti not possible to do Ortho-K too.
The monthly contact lens comes under Mark Ennvoy brand model saphir RX.
You can try if u wants.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 15-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #1543
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, currently what is the best daily contacts which stay moist throughout the day and can also use for sports. thanks
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #1544

Just bought this from Mr Lens. Packaging looks bit off...

nivlac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #1545
Master Member

hi, currently what is the best daily contacts which stay moist throughout the day and can also use for sports. thanks
Hi, currently the best in the market it is the Dailies Total 1.
Said to be very comfortable compared to other brands of lenses.
Of course, better to have a contact lens check to see which is suitable for your eyes and whether it fits right to know which is best. Some people might suit other brands better as it is more comfortable for them.
Not as simple as buying clothes..
Hope it helps.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.