The Contact Lenses Thread

dontbyteme

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to make permanent contact lens that cater to a flatter eye shape (i.e. base curve >9.0)

Arcrise

Reaction score
Anyone got shops to recommend for getting contact lenses prescription (or contact lenses) in town/east area?

lamerena

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend where to buy affordable contact lens online or shop please. Thank you

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just did a myopia control contact lens (not Ortho-K) and it cost $640 for multi-focus soft lens. Is it very expensive?

warhunter

Reaction score
I just did a myopia control contact lens (not Ortho-K) and it cost $640 for multi-focus soft lens. Is it very expensive?
Myopia control is a specialized practice. You should be more concerned about finding someone to actually monitor your axial length than just looking at the cost of the lens. For real myopia control,you are paying for the service and expertise to make sure your myopia is stable. For myopia control the main aim is to keep the eye ball length as short as possible. Which in optical stores not many place will be able to provide that service. They will only be able to tell you if your prescription (degree) has gone up but will not be able to tell you it your axial length has grown.

saddams wife

Reaction score
can try 393lens, its hk based.
i ordered from them previously, 700hkd for free shipping, took around 7 days including weekend to deliver. abit of damage and dent to the box but no issues for the contact lenses.
Hi bro. It seems cheaper to place order on 393 in sgd instead of hkd. Any advice please?

saddams wife

Reaction score
didnt realize had different currency but yea if can checkout in sgd is cheaper, save about $1+ per product and no dcc fees.
Thanks bro for the advice. I am glad I found another site to buy from. Previously I have been buying from focus point website (but it is becoming not so attractive as they have withdrawn SGFREESHIPPING promo code).

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
New to contact lens. One of my eye have high ASTIGMATISM of -3.5, upon checking daily like dont have my degree. highest is -2.25.

anyone in similar situation can advise?

saddams wife

Reaction score
didnt realize had different currency but yea if can checkout in sgd is cheaper, save about $1+ per product and no dcc fees.
Hi Bro. I just got my credit card statement. There is a 1% processing fee when ordering in sgd (similar to Spotify billing in sgd). So it works out to the same whether we order in hkd or sgd.

Sorry I only got this info today.

Savage1

Reaction score
Any Acuvue TruEye users here? They've been discontinued and my stocks are running out. I find the Oasys replacements make my eyes dry after a few hours and are not as comfortable. What have you replaced TruEye with?

chaobotak

Reaction score
Any recommendations on which shop to go for first-time wearer contact lens? Looking at stores that hold multiple brands of contact lens and can assess which would be best for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.