The Contact Lenses Thread

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello... there is an optical shop in Chong Pang selling quite reasonably priced contact lens..

have found some prices: -
Freshkon Alluring Eyes $25
Biomedic 38 monthly $30
B&L 66 monthly $60 (for astig)
B&L monthly $25
Acuvue Oasys $45
Acuvue Define forgot is $40 or $45

Shop at Q'way also able to get those price.
they spoilt market one.. nvm. good for us - consumers.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to download the program for reminder to change contact lens?
the acuvue reminder seem link seems to be broken.

Wendyang

Reaction score
contact lens will stuck onto eyeball annot?kinda tempted to get cl but i got phobia

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello... there is an optical shop in Chong Pang selling quite reasonably priced contact lens..

have found some prices: -
Freshkon Alluring Eyes $25
Biomedic 38 monthly $30
B&L 66 monthly $60 (for astig)
B&L monthly $25
Acuvue Oasys $45
Acuvue Define forgot is $40 or $45

Can PM me the address?

They got sell Acuvue Moist Daily?

LaoSheow

Reaction score
for all the wearers out there ,PLEASE LOOK AFTER YOUR EYES,Every year HSA has at least 3 who lost their cornea due to contact lens........PLEASE TREASURE YOUR EYES

LaoSheow

Reaction score
some ppl say cannot wear to go BBQ fire.
next week, I go back optical shop and ask.

Your contact lenses will not melt on your eyes, your eye lids will blink and your face will be burnt if you are too near the fire.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
contact lens will stuck onto eyeball annot?kinda tempted to get cl but i got phobia

If you stick to the guidelines and not wear your contact lens for too long, it will not get stuck onto your eyeball. Then again, you should be more worried about infections and irritations instead of contact lens getting stuck.

If you have a bad condition of dry eyes, then contact lens may not be suitable for you. Approach your optometrist for more help.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
some ppl say cannot wear to go BBQ fire.
next week, I go back optical shop and ask.

I tried before and it's not true. The only problem is if you stand really near to the fire (and it's smoking real badly) such that the smoke keeps coming into contact with your eyes - at the end of the day, the lens will feel very dry and 'sticky'. Takes a little more effort to remove the lens. If you have eyedrops, then you should be able to circumvent the problem.

LaoSheow

Reaction score
Contact lens can dont take out?
Any issue or problems? Discomfort?

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LENSES IN YOUR EYES OVERNIGHT OR WHEN SLEEPING.
There will be corneal swelling for most eyes,due to the materials of the lenses which are not
very permeable to oxygen.Cornea will be weaken leading to a host of problems.Just other day talking to a client, he had a corneal ucler leading to a corneal transplant.NO BODY WILL DONATE THEIR CORNEA TO YOU IF YOU NEED IT. pLS TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYES.

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u dropped ur lense on the floor....wat would be a good way to ensure its clean up....

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u dropped ur lense on the floor....wat would be a good way to ensure its clean up....

if I happen to drop on the floor, I will do a thorough wash of lens.
make sure the lens has no cracks.
rub/rinse with the solution.

*the above is my advice only.
I shall hold no responsible for ur eyes and contact lens.

Last edited:

g19261

Reaction score
u are working in an opticial shop?

No offence, but if u arent, then its not very safe lor...

More importantly, Bibi_Lala, r u an optometrist? Cos i read from the papers dat in SG, only optoms r trained in contact lens, so they r d only 1 dat can sell them.

Seems like u r not s where got people sell in pairs. All contact lens come in boxes.

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't over wear it and best is dailies don't get permanent or monthly unless your hygiene is GOOT, i almost kenna blinded :(

LaoSheow

Reaction score
More importantly, Bibi_Lala, r u an optometrist? Cos i read from the papers dat in SG, only optoms r trained in contact lens, so they r d only 1 dat can sell them.

Seems like u r not s where got people sell in pairs. All contact lens come in boxes.

QUITE ALOT OF OPTICAL SHOPS i KNOW OF, JUST DO NOT HAVE AN OPTOMETRIST IN THE SHOPS.
TOO EXPENSIVE TO EMPLOY ONE.MOST SHOPS JUST BORROWS OR RENTS ,JUST TO HAVE A LICENSE TO SELL CONTACT LENSES.

ElinO ,pls try not to dispense advice , you are not qualified,or else HSA might get you...haha

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm i just wore my o2optix to bbq and was DOING the bbq-ing.. eyes feel abit dry but nothing major. Didn't have to use any eyedrop

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QUITE ALOT OF OPTICAL SHOPS i KNOW OF, JUST DO NOT HAVE AN OPTOMETRIST IN THE SHOPS.
TOO EXPENSIVE TO EMPLOY ONE.MOST SHOPS JUST BORROWS OR RENTS ,JUST TO HAVE A LICENSE TO SELL CONTACT LENSES.

ElinO ,pls try not to dispense advice , you are not qualified,or else HSA might get you...haha

ok. thanks for warning me. I edit gao gao already.
personally I dropped it on the floor when I was newbie.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.