HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #556

Yes , everytime you open the cap.

Dun really need to change the solution much if it is left capped on. However if you are paranoid, change every 7-14 days.
Scribblemyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #557
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok thanks. Another question, let's say I opened up a new monthly contact lens to use. Throughout the month, I only used about say 7days. Do I use a new one or continue with it?
deathman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #558

Use new 1 ! omg which optician did u bought your lens from ? how come the optician never brief you/tell you ...
xXboxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #559
Arch-Supremacy Member

Use new 1 ! omg which optician did u bought your lens from ? how come the optician never brief you/tell you ...
Haha, it's from azpec optics at gek poh shopping centre... I do agree that little advices was given. Oh well, most of it can be found online.
Old 26-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #560

3rd time wearing contacts..

day 1 wore bout 2 hrs..
day 2 wore bout 4-5..
day 3 wore bout 9 hrs..

but had a bad experience after day 3..
at night when was trying to remove the lenses,i realised its STUCK to my eyeballs!
very uncomfortable and very hard to take out..ended up have to "soak" my eyes in water..

is that normal or? (all 3 days were not consecutive..its like once a week or so.. and im using dailies btw)
scoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #561
Arch-Supremacy Member

day 1 wore bout 2 hrs..
day 2 wore bout 4-5..
day 3 wore bout 9 hrs..

at night when was trying to remove the lenses,i realised its STUCK to my eyeballs!
very uncomfortable and very hard to take out..ended up have to "soak" my eyes in water..

is that normal or? (all 3 days were not consecutive..its like once a week or so.. and im using dailies btw)
Soaking your eyes inside tap water? That's sounds very bad to the eyes. I thought just apply some eye drop if one have trouble removing their CL?
Old 26-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #562

yeah was rinsing my eyes with tap water like crazy cus was keeping very uncomfy and miserable.lol.

now kinda scared of putting them on again alr..maybe will consider lasik in time to come..
scoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #563
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah was rinsing my eyes with tap water like crazy cus was keeping very uncomfy and miserable.lol.

now kinda scared of putting them on again alr..maybe will consider lasik in time to come..
Reading posts like yours makes me scare.

Lasik, which is quite a new technology don't looks safe to me. Even the doctors themselves don't do it.
Old 26-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #564
Master Member

Important points to take note:

Soft lens = Once contact with water lens cant be wear again. Best is to use saline or eye drop.

If you wash your CL with tap water it may cuz infection to your eyes.
aldric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #565

day 1 wore bout 2 hrs..
day 2 wore bout 4-5..
day 3 wore bout 9 hrs..

Did your optom actually select the lenses for you or you just bought them off the shelf?
The lenses might be too tight fitting for your eyes. Ask your optometrists for other options. DO A FITTING FIRST BEFORE YOUR NEXT PURCHASE. NO off the shelf purchase. That's all i can say.

ONE IMPORTANT POINT WITH CONTACT LENSES N TAP WATER. NEVER USE tap WATER TO RINSE YOUR LENSES OR EYES. CAN MAKE YOURSELF AT RISK OF SOME SERIOUS ACANTHAMOEBA INFECTIONS. THOUGH WATER IS SAFE IN SINGAPORE, STILL TAP WATER AND LENSES DO NOT MIX.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #566

Important points to take note:

Soft lens = Once contact with water lens cant be wear again. Best is to use saline or eye drop.

If you wash your CL with tap water it may cuz infection to your eyes.
Another point to add on eye drops. ONLY Preservative free eye drops can be used together with Contact lenses. They are usually those in tiny vails. Use and throw kind of eye drops.
Eye drops in bottles contain preservatives that may cause serious abrasion on the cornea leading to an increased risk of infection by the microorganisms.
Old 27-09-2010, 03:17 AM   #567

Ok thanks. Another question, let's say I opened up a new monthly contact lens to use. Throughout the month, I only used about say 7days. Do I use a new one or continue with it?
No you can't keep it for more than a month. whether u wear it for 1 day or 1 week. THROW THEM AWAY AFTER A MONTH.

From the looks of it. Either your optometrist is not doing a good job. Or you just got yourself an unethical and illegal "optometrist" who did not, ensure your eye health is clear, do a fitting for the lenses as well as advise you on proper lens care and management.
Old 27-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #568

In view of the CONFUSION online about lenses. I post this up for all of you.

TO CLEAR THE CONFUSION.

Though there are high end high oxygen lenses and normal soft lenses.
THERE IS NO GOOD OR BAD LENS.
It is whether the LENSES fit well on you eye or not.
Lenses produced by any company go thru a stringent check on the lens production and require some sort of ISO standard before they can sell them.

To know if it fits well, YOU NEED A QUALIFIED OPTOMETRIST OR OPTICIAN(CLP) (not normal optician) to fit the lenses.
LENSES are like shoes. there are different sizes. and you need to have a trained optometrist to fit them.

The first visit would be a contact lens consultation,

--The optometrist NEEDS through with you you ocular(eye) history and ask you on why u need lenses etc.
--They would then recommend the modality of lenses whether its dailies monthlies or bi weeklies.
--A ocular health check would be conducted to see if your cornea and ocular surface is healthy and Appropriate for lens wear.
--Trial lenses would be then fitted. One pair or MULTIPLE pairs may be fitted till a "good fit" its obtained. LIKE TRYING SHOES.
--A final order would be made.

You would then collect your lenses either on the spot or when the lenses arrive.

TYPICALLY. The first aftercare visit would be conducted 1 week after then lenses are dispensed. At the aftercare visit, the optometrist will check the lens fit yet again and take a brief history only you comfort and problems etc. This is to ensure that the lenses fit you well!

THEN they will check your cornea surface and see if the lenses are reacting well on your eyes or not OR are the lenses causing a damage to the OCULAR SURFACE. LIKE SCRATCHED SKIN, the cornea can suffer from abrasion from the lenses.

A new lens may be recommended if the lenses are not reacting well on the eye. OR the lenses may be continued.

FUTURE AFTER CARE VISITS maybe required as indicated by your optometrist.

TO REPLENISH YOUR lens supply, another aftercare visit MUST be CONDUCTED BY THE OPTOMETRIST.

my 2 cents worth
Remember! NO OFF THE SHELF PURCHASES! CONTACT LENSES ARE MEDICAL DEVICES! NOT CONSUMABLES! CONSULTATIONS ARE NOT FREE!
Old 27-09-2010, 03:31 AM   #569

Yes , everytime you open the cap.

Dun really need to change the solution much if it is left capped on. However if you are paranoid, change every 7-14 days.
Sorry but this is not appropriate. It is reccommended to disinfect your lenses if left unused for 3-4 days! PLEASE DO NOT MISLEAD PEOPLE. THANKS.
Old 27-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #570

some pictures on infections casued by inappropriate handling and ill fitting lenses.

acanthamoeba keratitis (Infection of cornea)

Contact lens papillary conjuctivitis (Inflammation caused by ill fitting lenses)

Microbial Keratitis (Infection of cornea)

Contact Lens Acute Red Eye (CLARE) (due to sleeping with lenses)can cause excruciating pain

MORE TO COME.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.