HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #601

oh ok.thanks for the heads up.i dun tink she checked all of those u mentioned...but i was told there were some abrasions on my left eye probably due to previous contact lens wearing....i will ask the optometrist more about the eye health check when i collect...
A health check is supposed to be the base of all other tests in optometry. Under the law, we optometrist ARE LIABLE to do a basic eye health check if our equipment allows us to. IF NOT we MUST REFER patients to other optometrists or ophthalmologist to do a base check on the eye health BEFORE any glasses or contact lenses can be give. All records must be documented and recorded for future reference.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #602
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys i have a problem

currently my gf is trying out on monthly basis contact lenses. she took a pair out from the packaging and stored it in the container with solution for a week.

she just tried it on and experience sereve pain on her eyes.

is the problem with the solution or newbies are meant to experience such pain in the first time try out from solution?
___jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #603

guys i have a problem

currently my gf is trying out on monthly basis contact lenses. she took a pair out from the packaging and stored it in the container with solution for a week.

she just tried it on and experience sereve pain on her eyes.

is the problem with the solution or newbies are meant to experience such pain in the first time try out from solution?
Wad solution is she using? If its aosept or oxysept, make sure the solution is fully neutralized and lenses rinsed with saline before wearing it on the eye. These solutions are hydrogen peroxide based and very acidic. Make sure lenses are disinfected after 3-4 days of leaving in the container. Even without wearing
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #604
Arch-Supremacy Member

how to disintect the lenses ?

what she has got is just a multi purpose solution and the contact lenses. no saline solution or disinfection thng.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #605

how to disintect the lenses ?

what she has got is just a multi purpose solution and the contact lenses. no saline solution or disinfection thng.
Solution. Wad brand? I also know solution. Disinfect is equal to soaking in the multipurpose solution. Didn't ur optom teach all these?
Old 10-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #606
Arch-Supremacy Member

solocare aqua.

she didnt taught much to my gf. only wash your hands before putting it on
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #607

solocare aqua.

she didnt taught much to my gf. only wash your hands before putting it on
I guess she didn't even check the lens fitting before dispensing the contact lenses am I right? Some kind of optometrist is that.

So she's not using those hydrogen peroxide based system. So it should be alright. Some people tend to be easily irritated by the solutions. Try rinsing the lenses with saline before inserting into the eye. Also remember to rub and rise the lenses beforee soaking after wearing. After 3-4 days of storing (even without weqring)in solution clean and disinfect lenses before wearing.

Are her eyes still red and painful now? Get her to check at the optometrist if so. Ask the optometrist to do a fitting. The lens maybe too loose fitting and may cause discomfort or even pain. Depends on individual threshold of pain.

Always remember. DO NOT BUY LENSES OFF THE SHELF. They are medical devices. Your optometrist need to make sure your eyes are healthy and lenses are fitting well before dispensing them to u.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #608

Young people nowadays don't know how to listen. Solutions are also supposed to be recommended by optometrists. Not here ONLINE. Some solutions may be overly absorbed into the lens and released when the wearer places the lens on the eye.
hey bro, i merely told him which solution i switched to because he asked. i was sharing my experience as i had the same "feelin" he had. i switched the brand of the solution with the advice of my optom.

if he wants to change it on his accord without seeking advice from the optom then that's his issue. pls dun quote what i said and accuse me of not listening.
facadegeniality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #609

hey bro, i merely told him which solution i switched to because he asked. i was sharing my experience as i had the same "feelin" he had. i switched the brand of the solution with the advice of my optom.

if he wants to change it on his accord without seeking advice from the optom then that's his issue. pls dun quote what i said and accuse me of not listening.
Don't be too sensitive. I'm just saying what's right. Everyones' eyes are different. One optometrist can recommend brand A to person A but that may not work the same for person B. Therefore, I feel this forum should limit what should be discussed for the safety of everyone.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #610
Arch-Supremacy Member

even without wearing them, u should change e solution daily..
micromousez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #611

even without wearing them, u should change e solution daily..
This is too extreme. 3-4 days would be fine and not just changing the solutions. Rub and rinse them.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #612

Don't be too sensitive. I'm just saying what's right. Everyones' eyes are different. One optometrist can recommend brand A to person A but that may not work the same for person B. Therefore, I feel this forum should limit what should be discussed for the safety of everyone.
okay alrite. no prob!
facadegeniality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #613

Hi all, I've been using FOCUS Dailies for a few years.. now they've discontinued the cheapest 90pc pack for aqua-comfort lens which costs 22 dollars more for 6 packs (180 pcs).

Anyone knows if I can get it cheaper in JB?
Really disappointed with the contact lens companies..
Why are these lens getting more and more expensive?
maybe I should just go LASIK! haha!!
ziczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #614

contact lenses are medical devices. you cannot switch to another brand without first consulting ur optometrist. so what if its expensive, its supposed to be. do you prefer safety of wearing a lens that you do not know of its origins? if you don't have enough money. GET GLASSES. CHEAP,SAFE AND GOOD.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #615
High Supremacy Member

when ur eyes are of different degree,

then u bought 4 boxes @ $188.

So this mean 2 boxes for 1 eye which will last 2 mths?
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.