HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #616
High Supremacy Member

hi guys wanna check, is there any dailies that are good for dry eyes??
my eyes dry bery fast

prease enlighten me...
rast time i use acuvue dailies
alanjw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #617

justine0859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #618

Is it normal for new user to have blurry vision for awhile? For my case, only the right eye is blurry. How long should it take to go away?
sputnikmoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #619

Hi all, I've been using FOCUS Dailies for a few years.. now they've discontinued the cheapest 90pc pack for aqua-comfort lens which costs 22 dollars more for 6 packs (180 pcs).

Anyone knows if I can get it cheaper in JB?
Really disappointed with the contact lens companies..
Why are these lens getting more and more expensive?
maybe I should just go LASIK! haha!!
one suggestion for you: try optical 66 at chong pang. i bought my acuvue brand of contacts there and comparing prices with two other optical shops, i saved $18

Is it normal for new user to have blurry vision for awhile? For my case, only the right eye is blurry. How long should it take to go away?
hmm this is weird cos i din encounter such a problem last time when i was a new user... try blinking your eyes a few times, it may then clear your vision
infinityabsurdities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #620
High Supremacy Member

is it becoz of astig?
you must put at the correct angle rotation.
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #621

if it's astig, the lens will be heavier on one end so after some blinking the lens will rotate itself into the correct position... so any angle rotation problem shouldn't be problem. Unless you have astig but your lens isn't made to counter it, then it's not a surprise why it's blur.

Give it a few days, if your vision is still blur, pay a visit down to your optician and explain your problem, I'm sure he / she will do another check.

The statement above is false.
n0va_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #622

Yeah its astig lens. Took about 30 mins plus to become clear. How to tell if its correct angle rotation? Also, is it alright for my soft lens to be folded in half when soaking in case?
Old 16-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #623

Yeah its astig lens. Took about 30 mins plus to become clear. How to tell if its correct angle rotation? Also, is it alright for my soft lens to be folded in half when soaking in case?
just open it up, doesn't take more than 3 seconds to solve the problem of it being folded in half

If u hold up your lens, there should be a short line on the edge of it. At first look it looks like a scratch, but it isn't. By right, that short line should be at the bottom when u insert the lens into your eye. So technically u rotate the lens on your fingertip till it's at the bottom. However, it doesn't really matter cause that short line marks the heavier end, as I have mentioned previously, and hence after a few times of blinking it should rotate into the proper position with the short line on the bottom, even if it was on the top when u insert it in. The proper position will be the perfect eyesight for you, whereas if the line is somewhere else, your vision will be blurred.

imo, 30mins plus is far too long for it to become clear unless it's like your 1st few times wearing. if it has been at least 5 days or maybe a week since you've started, I really recommend you ask your optician since it will be troublesome in the near future if you are near blind in the 1st 30mins

see the short line towards the right of the lens? that's the line i'm referring to

Last edited by n0va_jason; 16-01-2011 at 12:32 AM..
Old 16-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #624

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm a new wearer.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #625
Arch-Supremacy Member

holy smokes i nvr knew about the significance of the "scratch" line and the heavier "weight" of the lens

all along i've attributed it to my eyes adjusting to the lens lol
EmPtYsOuLz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #626

holy smokes i nvr knew about the significance of the "scratch" line and the heavier "weight" of the lens

all along i've attributed it to my eyes adjusting to the lens lol
i holiday work part-time at specs shop one so i know this kinda stuff LOL

usually after a few blinks the lens will rotate properly, which is your 'eyes adjusting to the lens'

Old 18-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #627
Master Member

usually after a few blinks the lens will rotate properly, which is your 'eyes adjusting to the lens'
you optom ah
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #628

you optom ah
no i retail / sales de la (however u wanna see it)! but i wear contacts myself, on a daily basis, (i wear specs at home though) so my boss got tell me more about these kinda stuff

Old 22-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #629

yea this is correct. the lens will center itself. but by placing the marking in the correct alignment hasten this process and vision gets stabilised faster.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #630

this should be a fitting problem. get your optometrist to check the lens fitting. Usually for a astig lens to stabilise on the eyes it would take around <10s. 30min could mean that after wearing the lenses for that duration it sort of dries and stabilise on the eye
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.