HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #646
High Supremacy Member

before i came to read this thread
i didnt know that one should have gone to a proper optometry to have the eye check and for recommendation for suitable brand for use of contact lense
i just went to spect hub and get from them, turn out the fitting not right
anyone can recommend me a good optometry located in the west?
and how much will it be roughly?
Old 20-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #647

I just went CitySquare, Optical88 opposite of Macdonald and order my contact lens.

Damage

bausch and lomb 2 box ( monthly ) = 240 RM

Witth asti

Is the price reasonable ?

I wanted take color lens from FreshKon but e staff say not suitable as my asti quite high then will see thing blur
lwch_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #648
Master Member

By right, all contact lens purchase should be accompanied with a fitting assessment to ensure the fit. Search OOB in google for more details.
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #649

High Degree and Astigmatism

My degree for shortsightedness is 850 on both eyes and astig for left eyes is 1.25 while right eye is 3.50! I know my eye sight is terrible but do you think contact lenses are available for this degree of mine?
bookwormjh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #650
Supremacy Member

MBK, Bangkok selling freshlook dailies coloured lens four box at $50 Singapore dollar
FireHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #651
Master Member

before i came to read this thread
i didnt know that one should have gone to a proper optometry to have the eye check and for recommendation for suitable brand for use of contact lense
i just went to spect hub and get from them, turn out the fitting not right
anyone can recommend me a good optometry located in the west?
and how much will it be roughly?
You can try optometry centre at Singapore Poly for $5.
DaRkXiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #652
Master Member

My degree for shortsightedness is 850 on both eyes and astig for left eyes is 1.25 while right eye is 3.50! I know my eye sight is terrible but do you think contact lenses are available for this degree of mine?
IIRC, there are custom made lenses for your kind of power. Got to ask your optometrist if it is available.
DaRkXiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #653
Banned

Me is using BL...sometimes FreshKon.

But BL is comfortable.
Sweet&SaltyPopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #654

Gotten my lenses hahas! vry vry vry expensive though:/ its $190 for 2 boxes, cause different astig level in different eyes. Got B & L soflens 66 toric
bookwormjh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #655

Between Acuvue and Bausch&Lomb, i prefer the latter cos of the comfort level that it provides. Acuvue is kinda drying...

There's one optical shop in Simei which is having promotion and its super worth it!

$114 for one yr's supply. haha i'm lucky that i dun have astigmatism and my degree not considered high
infinityabsurdities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #656
Master Member

Between Acuvue and Bausch&Lomb, i prefer the latter cos of the comfort level that it provides. Acuvue is kinda drying...

There's one optical shop in Simei which is having promotion and its super worth it!

$114 for one yr's supply. haha i'm lucky that i dun have astigmatism and my degree not considered high
hmm
i thought B&L one more drying wor
zhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #657

hmm
i thought B&L one more drying wor
haha personal preference la...

i dun mean to generalize that B&L is better cos there's many types of lenses under both brands with different purposes and water content level anyway.
infinityabsurdities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #658

you guys shouldn't buy contact lenses off the shelves or online.

IMHO, i think the reason why counterfeit contact lenses could be sold in optical shops is because of YOU PEOPLE. Optical businesses make use of your STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE to sell these lenses to you consumers.

Contact lenses are medical devices. You do not walk in to a shop and buy them OFF THE SHELF as though they are cosmetics. You have to go through a comprehensive eye examination before the optometrist choose the right lenses that are suitable for your eyes. You are not buying clothes here. GROW UP SINGAPOREANS, don't wear lenses just to look good. You have a brian, USE IT.

Getting your eyes checked every time you replenish your lens supply will ensure that eye infections get detected early and referred for medical attention ASAP. should lenses be unsuitable during your follow up visits to the optometrist, you may be asked to change the type of lenses. Just like taking medications, DO NOT BE YOUR OWN OPTOMETRIST!

We optometrists also would not know if the lenses we are selling for our bosses are genuine or not if our bosses don't tell us. So, Help us! CHECK YOUR EYES AT EVERY VISIT. SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF CATCHING AN EYE INFECTION AND GOING BLIND JUST BECAUSE OF A PIECE OF CHINA MADE PLASTIC. AND WE CAN CATCH ALL THOSE IRRESPONSIBLE *******S RUNNING "LEGAL" BUSINESSES IN SINGAPORE.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #659
Master Member

just gotten my contact recently. always wanted to try cotact. so decided to give it a shot. opted for the daily disposable ones to try out first.

Went to nanyang optical and they were having promotion for the acuvue one day moist. 228 for 4 boxes (high astig)

when i first fitted it on, it feels kind of weird. especially on one of my eyes (more specifically the sides of my left eye) Was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are thicker, hence the discomfort. but will get used to it slowly.

2nd day decided to try it out and wear a full day. wore from 7am to 11pm. the lens start to feel uncomfortable ard 4-5pm. i guess max earing duration ard 10hrs only.

btw anyone can recommend eyedrop for contact lens use(those that comes in small disposable packs)
Old 28-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #660

just gotten my contact recently. always wanted to try cotact. so decided to give it a shot. opted for the daily disposable ones to try out first.

Went to nanyang optical and they were having promotion for the acuvue one day moist. 228 for 4 boxes (high astig)

when i first fitted it on, it feels kind of weird. especially on one of my eyes (more specifically the sides of my left eye) Was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are thicker, hence the discomfort. but will get used to it slowly.

2nd day decided to try it out and wear a full day. wore from 7am to 11pm. the lens start to feel uncomfortable ard 4-5pm. i guess max earing duration ard 10hrs only.

btw anyone can recommend eyedrop for contact lens use(those that comes in small disposable packs)
Like I always said. You do not just walk into a shop and buy contact lenses off the shelf because they are cheap or because you look good in them (cosmetic lenses). You need a fitting to be done by an optometrist to determine if that lens suit you or not. Its not a free size, one size fit all kind of thing. What you can do now. Go back and demand a lens fitting to be done. Eye drops won't be reccommended. They are not stuff made to EXTEND your lens wear hours. They are meant to be used only for symptomatic wearers with "responsible" lens wear. You do not pop in the lenses hoping they will last for the whole 24hours. Stop being so ignorant please.

Last edited by warhunter; 28-08-2011 at 10:11 AM..
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.