HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #661
Master Member

i did get a consultation by their optometrist and did not just get it off the shelf like what you said. As i said, i was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are abit thicker than the center, hence the discomfort at the sides when i first put it on.

as for the long hour usage, i guess its really my wrong. i would say that the best duration to put on the lens are between 6-7 hrs. top.
Old 28-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #662

i did get a consultation by their optometrist and did not just get it off the shelf like what you said. As i said, i was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are abit thicker than the center, hence the discomfort at the sides when i first put it on.

as for the long hour usage, i guess its really my wrong. i would say that the best duration to put on the lens are between 6-7 hrs. top.
A mere consultation does not equate to a contact lens fitting. A contact lens fitting involves the taking of your medical and ocular history, checking of your eye health including staining your eye with a yellowish dye and popping in different lenses into your eye to asses the fitting of each lens before determining which is the best for your.

Did that person even look through the slit lamp (aka biomicroscope, google it if you don't know) before advising you on why you feel the discomfort? If he/she didn't, it's as good as buying off the shelf. A discomfort can also be felt at the side of the lenses if the lens fit is not optimal.

Did he/she even advise you on what you can do with lens wear, what you cannot do with lens wear, when you are not supposed to wear lenses (ie. Flu, swimming, etc) and did he/she inform you what to do if you feel that your eyes are feeling weird with the lenses on?

If there are more nos than yesses. You are not getting a proper consultation.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #663

what kind of contact lens consultation did you get? If it's merely getting the degree of your eyes, it's just partly done. many optomertrists do not do a proper contact lens fitting consultation because it's time consuming and customers are not willing to pay for a proper consultation.

If you have not worn a particular lens before, it's always advisable to get a trial fit, to see if the lens is suitable for you. A trial fit does not mean requesting a pair of lens and then wearing it yourself and see if it's suitable. The optometrist actually has to check and make sure the lens fit properly.

As for your case, what if you can't get used to the lenses that you have bought? Are they going to exchange it for you? or are you going to live with the discomfort, and possibly causing more harm to your eyes since you have already bought the lenses?
2pm2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #664

what kind of contact lens consultation did you get? If it's merely getting the degree of your eyes, it's just partly done. many optomertrists do not do a proper contact lens fitting consultation because it's time consuming and customers are not willing to pay for a proper consultation.

If you have not worn a particular lens before, it's always advisable to get a trial fit, to see if the lens is suitable for you. A trial fit does not mean requesting a pair of lens and then wearing it yourself and see if it's suitable. The optometrist actually has to check and make sure the lens fit properly.

As for your case, what if you can't get used to the lenses that you have bought? Are they going to exchange it for you? or are you going to live with the discomfort, and possibly causing more harm to your eyes since you have already bought the lenses?
Another optom here?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #665

any idea which shop in citysquare jb sells acuvue trueye or moist cheap? moist can get at sg for $45. heard contact lens are cheaper in jb.
chm527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #666

any idea which shop in citysquare jb sells acuvue trueye or moist cheap? moist can get at sg for $45. heard contact lens are cheaper in jb.

you guys just don't learn. CONTACT LENSES SHOULD NEVER BE BOUGHT OFF THE SHELF. What more in malaysia.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #667

you guys just don't learn. CONTACT LENSES SHOULD NEVER BE BOUGHT OFF THE SHELF. What more in malaysia.
If you know your degree, know the brand you want, worn it suitably before and just want to get a cheaper price somewhere else, what's the harm? Care to share?
dudered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #668

If you know your degree, know the brand you want, worn it suitably before and just want to get a cheaper price somewhere else, what's the harm? Care to share?
you're eyes like any other body parts is changing every single day. You wouldn't know what is happening to your eyes unless you have regular follow up visits. Everytime you replenish your lens supply, your eyes would be checked for any signs of infection or physical "damage". your lens fitting would also be required to be updated and checked each time the lenses are dispensed to you. As i said your eye is also a biological organ which would be "changing" all the time. you wouldn't know what is happening unless someone checks it for you.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #669

Read this. Warning to those who are still trying to make a quick buck from contact lenses.

http://health.asiaone.com/Health/New...30-307798.html
Old 19-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #670

Has anyone tried the optometry centre at Singapore poly? The prices are quite cheap but how reliable is it?
werert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #671

Has anyone tried the optometry centre at Singapore poly? The prices are quite cheap but how reliable is it?
bro dun like that say leh. WE ALL GRADUATED FROM SP.
the students will check first then the lecturers will then double check.
Old 19-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #672

I really like to buy those cosmetic lenses that has no degree one leh, then will buy alot of colours at one go one Any safe kinds to recommend?
Coffeebeannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #673
Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

I bought a freshkon contact lens and use for 1 week only my left side always blur. I tried using solution and gently rub + soak and use heater.

But my lens still very blur..
Old 19-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #674

Hi guys,

I bought a freshkon contact lens and use for 1 week only my left side always blur. I tried using solution and gently rub + soak and use heater.

But my lens still very blur..
don't use heater, make "bake" the deposits on the lenses. the material would also degenerate faster. go to your optometrist check on the fit again. its may be the lenses are not fitting well on ur cornea
Old 19-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #675

thanks very much bro
werert is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.