HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2011, 02:15 AM   #676

Another optom here?
Both of you guys optom?

Sadly, the general public does not appreciate what optoms are doing for them. They can spend few hours queuing for stuffs and not 15 mins for eye check up. Sad.
rx7savanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #677

Both of you guys optom?

Sadly, the general public does not appreciate what optoms are doing for them. They can spend few hours queuing for stuffs and not 15 mins for eye check up. Sad.
Bro 看开啦. I don't care about the public already la. When I first started practicing, I did slit lamp and slit lamp fundoscopy. People don't appreciate the time I spend I just don't do it already. Which batch were u from? I'm going aus after ord.people appreciate my time and judgement better there.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #678

I really like to buy those cosmetic lenses that has no degree one leh, then will buy alot of colours at one go one Any safe kinds to recommend?
All lenses are generally safe when fitted properly and are cleaned and are worn responsibly.
Old 22-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #679

Bro 看开啦. I don't care about the public already la. When I first started practicing, I did slit lamp and slit lamp fundoscopy. People don't appreciate the time I spend I just don't do it already. Which batch were u from? I'm going aus after ord.people appreciate my time and judgement better there.
Going to Australia to further studies? A wise choice. Too bad I do not have the capabilities to go there. Sigh.

Will try my best to do what I can do here then. Haha
rx7savanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #680

Going to Australia to further studies? A wise choice. Too bad I do not have the capabilities to go there. Sigh.

Will try my best to do what I can do here then. Haha
which year u from
Old 24-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #681

I don't need contact lenses but I want some colored ones for costumes! like a red one for vampire costumes or zombie costumes... But I'm not sure where I can purchase good ones. I also like white lenses! or cat eye lenses.
Has anyone here experience using these "fashion" lenses? Are they easy to handle?
terson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #682

Hey people, do you all have any contact lens case to recommend ? ive been using the normal one that comes with the solution.

i heard from my friend there is one that you put in and can shake and it will wash the lens?
xuanzang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #683

I don't need contact lenses but I want some colored ones for costumes! like a red one for vampire costumes or zombie costumes... But I'm not sure where I can purchase good ones. I also like white lenses! or cat eye lenses.
Has anyone here experience using these "fashion" lenses? Are they easy to handle?
Go get an optom to fit lenses for you lah. Stop asking here for recommendations because its not a one size fit all kind of thing. this thread shouldn't even exist
Old 25-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #684

Hey people, do you all have any contact lens case to recommend ? ive been using the normal one that comes with the solution.

i heard from my friend there is one that you put in and can shake and it will wash the lens?
washing lenses without rubbing them increases the risk of infection by many folds. by rubbing the lenses 90% of deposits are removed.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #685
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have high astigmatism (300 degrees apparently) on my left eye.

Before this I had an operation for keractoconus (its called crosslinking where they scrape a layer of my cornea. drop vitamin b2 eye drops in my eye for half an hr and then shine a blue laser on it.) on July 7th 2009.

Is it true there is not such thing as toric lenses for people with astigmatism as high as mine?

Thats what an optician in Northpoint Shopping center told me. I'm not sure if its true or its because I did not wish to wait the 2-3 days for the proper lenses to be ordered in.

For now I'm using a normal +3.25 TrueEye Accuvue Contact lens for my left eye. It feels comfortable for now.

I am trying this range for the first time because 2 years ago when I last wore lenses there was only Accuvue 2 Moist which I found too dry after only 6 hours of usage(7.30am-1.45pm).

A normal work day would last till 6pm so the earliest I can get back home to change to spectacles would be 7pm.

My right eye my degree is 525 which is normal. My left eye depends on my right eye to focus.

For me the vision in my left eye is sort of double. I will see a faint outline repeated object below the original object.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #686

I have high astigmatism (300 degrees apparently) on my left eye.

Before this I had an operation for keractoconus (its called crosslinking where they scrape a layer of my cornea. drop vitamin b2 eye drops in my eye for half an hr and then shine a blue laser on it.) on July 7th 2009.

Is it true there is not such thing as toric lenses for people with astigmatism as high as mine?

Thats what an optician in Northpoint Shopping center told me. I'm not sure if its true or its because I did not wish to wait the 2-3 days for the proper lenses to be ordered in.

For now I'm using a normal +3.25 TrueEye Accuvue Contact lens for my left eye. It feels comfortable for now.

I am trying this range for the first time because 2 years ago when I last wore lenses there was only Accuvue 2 Moist which I found too dry after only 6 hours of usage(7.30am-1.45pm).

A normal work day would last till 6pm so the earliest I can get back home to change to spectacles would be 7pm.

My right eye my degree is 525 which is normal. My left eye depends on my right eye to focus.

For me the vision in my left eye is sort of double. I will see a faint outline repeated object below the original object.
Crosslinking is a relatively new technique and ur condition may recur. You can always request for hard lenses. Hard lenses would provide better vision for patients like yourself. It may not be as comfortable in the beginning though. Double vision on the affected eye is one thing you cannot avoid. Try hardlenses first as there are cases where they can achive very good vision.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #687
Arch-Supremacy Member

Crosslinking is a relatively new technique and ur condition may recur. You can always request for hard lenses. Hard lenses would provide better vision for patients like yourself. It may not be as comfortable in the beginning though. Double vision on the affected eye is one thing you cannot avoid. Try hardlenses first as there are cases where they can achive very good vision.
Oh actually I did read up. There are quarterly disposable lenses called Coopervison Preference Toric XR range that can suit my power -1.25 cyl -3.25 axis 80 prescription for my left eye. But since it's hard to get and expensive I will stick to regular non Toric lenses as I prefer the daily changing of lenses. Hey but if there are such lenses on market one can only hope they become more common until acuvue or cibavision freshlooks carry them one day too.

I just want to know how much the contact lenses technology has progressed over the 2 years that I was unable to wear them comfortably due to feeling the lens very itchy and foreign object like in my left eye
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #688

Oh actually I did read up. There are quarterly disposable lenses called Coopervison Preference Toric XR range that can suit my power -1.25 cyl -3.25 axis 80 prescription for my left eye. But since it's hard to get and expensive I will stick to regular non Toric lenses as I prefer the daily changing of lenses. Hey but if there are such lenses on market one can only hope they become more common until acuvue or cibavision freshlooks carry them one day too.

I just want to know how much the contact lenses technology has progressed over the 2 years that I was unable to wear them comfortably due to feeling the lens very itchy and foreign object like in my left eye
Bro u got to understand that u are in singapore. Not all lenses are available here. Ur case is kekratoconus and the itchy feeling u get could be due to ur cornea being too steep. These soft lenses you're wearing are too flat for your conea curvature. That is why u get all the irritation. Go try out hard lenses. U may feel better.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #689
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro u got to understand that u are in singapore. Not all lenses are available here. Ur case is kekratoconus and the itchy feeling u get could be due to ur cornea being too steep. These soft lenses you're wearing are too flat for your conea curvature. That is why u get all the irritation. Go try out hard lenses. U may feel better.
Actually I re-started to wear back contact lenses cause my specs broke. I will go back to my normal specs once they get the nose bridge repaired. Just curious that's all.

Anyway contact lenses are vanity items. My jobscope does not require me to wear lenses to look good.

Imagine you wear lenses then suddenly a server goes down you really don't get to sleep or even go home unless the server comes back up.Its hazardous for the eyes man.

Its just good to know what sort of lenses there are nowadays so if I want to cosplay or just wear lenses to look good while on holiday overseas I can also. Hence dailys are good because its less hassle while traveling and cleaner too.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #690
Master Member

Hey guys, I have a box of expired dailies which I've opened. when I went back to my optical shop and ask if I can get a new box, the salesperson told me I can't as it was already opened.

However, she gave me a bottle of saline solution and told me to just rinse the dailies and I can use them as the expiry date is for the solution in the lenses and not the lenses itself.

Just wanna confirm if it is true and if it is safe for me to continuing using them? I probably wear them for max 3 hours per pair usually.
eedwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.