HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #736

Don't be so defensive . I did get my fittings from Nuh and the doc recommended his optical shop to me to elaborate futyher. But he gave me the parameters! My intention is to help people here safe money . As to your allegation that I am misleading people is unfounded . Look at the place which I am referring people to buy from- from an optometrist in queensway . While I appreciate the advice from you , the shop selling is the one that need to obligate himself to subject the buyer to proper health check .
My advise is purely from the commercial angle . And the daily disposable that I am advocating came from my doc.
yuppie55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #737

Don't be so defensive . I did get my fittings from Nuh and the doc recommended his optical shop to me to elaborate futyher. But he gave me the parameters! My intention is to help people here safe money . As to your allegation that I am misleading people is unfounded . Look at the place which I am referring people to buy from- from an optometrist in queensway . While I appreciate the advice from you , the shop selling is the one that need to obligate himself to subject the buyer to proper health check .
My advise is purely from the commercial angle . And the daily disposable that I am advocating came from my doc.
First you said you got it done in a hospital. Now you say its done in a doctors shop. So what is what?
You are not misleading the public who to get the lenses from but you are misleading them into thinking that if they noe their lens parameters, it is safe to buy lenses off the counter.

Let me get this straight it your face. No optometrist will every do the proper health check at that kind of price you're looking at. And it is in fact this attitude that cause most optometrist to not care about your eyes. Seriously. If you need cheap lenses. There is one place where people can always go to and also not expect any eye check. Which is just north of our border.

Optometrists should not just be the ones pushing for the right practices. It must also be the right attitude of patients to pay for such services. If every patient is asking for cheape,better and faster services, they should just stop wearing contact lenses altogether. When harm comes to their sight, their only blame is us. They would always forget that it is their own attitude that caused optoms to be left stuck between their bosses and them

Last edited by warhunter; 21-02-2012 at 07:57 AM..
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #738

Which brand of daily disposable contact lenses is the cheapest? Thanks.
SDM1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #739

Which brand of daily disposable contact lenses is the cheapest? Thanks.
Dude. Get an eye check first. Contact lenses are prescription items.
Old 24-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #740

Dude. Get an eye check first. Contact lenses are prescription items.
Yes. Going for eye check but don't want the guy to tell me to get the expensive brands. So assuming all things held constant, what will be the cheapest brand out there? So far Acuvue seems to be the most expensive...
Old 24-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #741

Yes. Going for eye check but don't want the guy to tell me to get the expensive brands. So assuming all things held constant, what will be the cheapest brand out there? So far Acuvue seems to be the most expensive...
As I said. It's on prescription only. I can't recommend u the brand without checking your eyes and doing a fitting on your eye. You can't blame him if your eyes only suit e most expensive lenses. Lenses are of different specifications and won't have the same fit qualities.

And LASTLY, nothing is constant. Even your age is not a constant. Your prescription your corneal steepness your eye's reaction with the lenses won't be a constant. Your idea of contact lenses is too perfect. U need to read up more.

Last edited by warhunter; 24-02-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Old 24-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #742
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gonna schedule an appointment for contact lens fitting again with Ngee Ann Optometry Centre. They did a fit for me last year, going back to make sure everything is in good shape. IDK whether is it luck or not, they only fitted me with 1 brand of lens and it was good to go. They did checks, which I am not sure what is it... Used a machine, lit light into my eyes, tell me look up/down/left/right + eye pressure + yellow stain thingy, check upper/lower lids for any infections, etc...

Nevertheless, no problem with the lens im wearing now. Wore >36hrs before, no problem.
One minor issue which happens very seldom though I feel a sharp pain and the lens felt like it was gonna drop out for a few sec.

Reading warhunter's makes me scare hahaha.
deathman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #743

As I said. It's on prescription only. I can't recommend u the brand without checking your eyes and doing a fitting on your eye. You can't blame him if your eyes only suit e most expensive lenses. Lenses are of different specifications and won't have the same fit qualities.

And LASTLY, nothing is constant. Even your age is not a constant. Your prescription your corneal steepness your eye's reaction with the lenses won't be a constant. Your idea of contact lenses is too perfect. U need to read up more.
A silly question here. You mean each brand comes with different distinct specification? A bit strange since it will make sense of each brand comes with a range of specifications to meet all requirements
Old 24-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #744

Gonna schedule an appointment for contact lens fitting again with Ngee Ann Optometry Centre. They did a fit for me last year, going back to make sure everything is in good shape. IDK whether is it luck or not, they only fitted me with 1 brand of lens and it was good to go. They did checks, which I am not sure what is it... Used a machine, lit light into my eyes, tell me look up/down/left/right + eye pressure + yellow stain thingy, check upper/lower lids for any infections, etc... Good job dude. That is the lens fitting I'm talking about. It's to check the movement of lenses on your eye. If lenses have no movement it would be too tight. And one with too much movement would cause alot of discomfort.

Nevertheless, no problem with the lens im wearing now. Wore >36hrs before, no problem. Try not to do that. As the lenses will dry over time, the lens would draw fluid from your tears. This can cause dryness and may also cause the pain that you're feeling. Overwear of lenses would lead to the lack of oxygen of the cornea. This can potentially cause huge problems like infection and blurring of vision in severe cases.
One minor issue which happens very seldom though I feel a sharp pain and the lens felt like it was gonna drop out for a few sec.

He is an example of a responsible contact lens wearer
Old 24-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #745

A silly question here. You mean each brand comes with different distinct specification? A bit strange since it will make sense of each brand comes with a range of specifications to meet all requirements
Of course they are. Different lens companies have differ manufacturing methods. An 8.5 base curve lens from company A may be different from an 8.5 basecurve lens of company B. Most lenses are developed and researched overseas. These lenses are USUALLy based on the caucasian population and would not be true for our Singaporean population. Newer designs like one of the more popular brands in Singapore has a newer lens that has a "one size fit all" type of lenses. However, they may also have their limitations as everyone are indeed born different.
Old 24-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #746
Supremacy Member

Gonna schedule an appointment for contact lens fitting again with Ngee Ann Optometry Centre. They did a fit for me last year, going back to make sure everything is in good shape. IDK whether is it luck or not, they only fitted me with 1 brand of lens and it was good to go. They did checks, which I am not sure what is it... Used a machine, lit light into my eyes, tell me look up/down/left/right + eye pressure + yellow stain thingy, check upper/lower lids for any infections, etc...

Nevertheless, no problem with the lens im wearing now. Wore >36hrs before, no problem.

Bro, how did you make an appointment at Ngee Ann Optometry Centre? And how much does it cost?

TIA for replies.
Citiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #747
Arch-Supremacy Member

He is an example of a responsible contact lens wearer
Only have a pair of eyes, have to take care properly. Those who are looking for affordable contact lens fitting can visit NGEE ANN or Singapore Poly at $5 only. Might be a long process(1-2hrs)for some, but I kinda find it relaxing lol. Just sit there and relax, +1 if it's a chiobu attending to you.

Would like to ask some question regrading cleaning of lens. It it important to rub it both before & after wearing the lens? Sometimes very lazy to rub after wearing, so I just take them out and store it. But I always rub before I wear it.

Bro, how did you make an appointment at Ngee Ann Optometry Centre? And how much does it cost?

TIA for replies.
http://www.np.edu.sg/hs/industry/Pag...istration.aspx
They charges a small fee of $5 for the public and $3 for their students. Given my previous experience with them, they will contact you to confirm the appointment.

Last edited by deathman91; 24-02-2012 at 09:56 PM..
deathman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #748

Only have a pair of eyes, have to take care properly. Those who are looking for affordable contact lens fitting can visit NGEE ANN or Singapore Poly at $5 only. Might be a long process(1-2hrs)for some, but I kinda find it relaxing lol. Just sit there and relax, +1 if it's a chiobu attending to you.

Would like to ask some question regrading cleaning of lens. It it important to rub it both before & after wearing the lens? Sometimes very lazy to rub after wearing, so I just take them out and store it. But I always rub before I wear it.
Do it before and after.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Optmometry Centre Online Appointment Booking Form*
They charges a small fee of $5 for the public and $3 for their students. Given my previous experience with them, they will contact you to confirm the appointment.

Old 24-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #749
Supremacy Member

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Optmometry Centre Online Appointment Booking Form*
deathman91, thanks for the info.
Citiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #750

Just wondering, is candylens better or pinkyparadise? Wanna order geo lens!
twentyeightsept is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.