The Contact Lenses Thread

Bluefreak

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, right now I am using 1 day Acuvue moist astigmatism.
Have not been wearing them frequent unless I am doing some activity or going somewhere where I do not want to wear my spec.

When I wear my contact lenses, as and when it will go blur slowly and I have to keep blinking abnormally to "clear" it.
My eyes also feel tired after a few hours of wearing it.
Did not use any contact lenses eye drop as I do not have them.

I might want to consider trying Acuvue oasys for astigmatism.
If not, I might want to change brand to Bausch & Lomb.:(:(:(

chm527

Reaction score
Hi guys, right now I am using 1 day Acuvue moist astigmatism.
Have not been wearing them frequent unless I am doing some activity or going somewhere where I do not want to wear my spec.

When I wear my contact lenses, as and when it will go blur slowly and I have to keep blinking abnormally to "clear" it.
My eyes also feel tired after a few hours of wearing it.
Did not use any contact lenses eye drop as I do not have them.

I might want to consider trying Acuvue oasys for astigmatism.
If not, I might want to change brand to Bausch & Lomb.:(:(:(

this is perfectly normal. when i first started out wearing, the same thing happened to me. i didn't even know this is a symptom of dryness. buy some contact lens eye drop. its not expensive. this brand buffelin or p2 (singapore company) cost <$5. can get from watsons

sos911

Reaction score
hi anyone got lobang can get Acuvue Trueye daily lens at better price ? My neighborhood optic shop sell me at $55 for 2 weeks supply. Some of my friend say can get it at $45 elsewhere.

Anyone know which location have better deal ?

thanks

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
didnt know gt contact lens thread... let me revive it :]

anyone bought those semi-perm soft lens, those supposedly can last 1.5-2yrs.
i just made one, but dunnoe got carrot chopped not. alrdy paid so not pt crying, but just wondering... cos my fren said is 200+, but i got quote 300+...

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didnt know gt contact lens thread... let me revive it :]

anyone bought those semi-perm soft lens, those supposedly can last 1.5-2yrs.
i just made one, but dunnoe got carrot chopped not. alrdy paid so not pt crying, but just wondering... cos my fren said is 200+, but i got quote 300+...

What's the advantage of semi-perm soft lens vs monthly and daily lens?

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of semi-perm soft lens vs monthly and daily lens?

initially i wanted to switch to daily, from bi-weekly, then my fren who is using semi-perm for like 6+yrs ask me, y not try semi-perm. cheaper, similar maintenance to non-daily lens. only thing is have to be aware of protein deposits, but there are now a few products in market that can do daily protein removal + thorough cleaning.

another thing is, material is better grade and supposedly to be more comfortable, according to the opto that i went to, since they are supposedly custom-made to your eyeball's measurements.

i find my existing contacts not comfortable enough, so i decided to go ahead and try out semi-perm.

btw, i call them semi-perm cos i dunnoe what is the correct name for it :o their lifetime is supposedly 18-mth, and best to change after 24-mth, as per what I was told.

any bros can advise further?

Malaysia sell cheaper.

get from jb. 50percent cheaper

me dont dare go malaysis.:s13::( i guess anywhere but sg is cheaper :s13:

__Neo__

Reaction score
for xasakurax, you're referring to RGP or GP lens.
They ARE custom made, hence more expensive.
However it requires an adaptation period in which you will experience relatively more discomfort compared to initial disposable soft lens wear.
Their selling point is actually their material, fluorosilicone acrylate.
It provides the best eyecare health (eyes are important, some people value this point more) compared to other types of lenses.
They also tend to retain their shapes, unlike disposable soft lens which will go out of shape the longer you use them, and hence resulting in a loss of clarity/comfort.

Last edited:

warhunter

Reaction score
initially i wanted to switch to daily, from bi-weekly, then my fren who is using semi-perm for like 6+yrs ask me, y not try semi-perm. cheaper, similar maintenance to non-daily lens. only thing is have to be aware of protein deposits, but there are now a few products in market that can do daily protein removal + thorough cleaning.

another thing is, material is better grade and supposedly to be more comfortable, according to the opto that i went to, since they are supposedly custom-made to your eyeball's measurements.

i find my existing contacts not comfortable enough, so i decided to go ahead and try out semi-perm.

btw, i call them semi-perm cos i dunnoe what is the correct name for it :o their lifetime is supposedly 18-mth, and best to change after 24-mth, as per what I was told.

any bros can advise further?

me dont dare go malaysis.:s13::( i guess anywhere but sg is cheaper :s13:

Depend on what you mean by semi perm contact lenses. Permanent lenses usually refer to conventional soft lenses or hard lenses (GP RGP lenses) .

These lenses are made to order according to your eye curvature aka size etc.

Permanent soft lenses have 2 types. One is normal soft lens material. The better and healthier option for long hours of wear would be silicon hydrogel type.

Of course for best quality of vision and health of the eye. Hard lens option will be the best. Hard lenses itself also many types for different kind of astigmatism and eye conditions. Prices also vary with design.

Cost wise soft conventional < soft conventional toric < hard lenses

Time of replacement depends on the material of your lenses and how well you look after them. Usually will last 1-1.5years for soft. 1.5-2 years for hard. Depends and vary with individual. Follow up regularly with your optometrist and they would give you a better idea of when to replace them.

Singapore is still cheap compared to many countries. Some places even have to pay $200 for consultation before you even know if you are suitable for contact lenses or not

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm in the contact lens industry and do have lobangs as such. Do pm me for enquires.

As for xasakurax, you're referring to RGP or GP lens.
They ARE custom made, hence more expensive.
However it requires an adaptation period in which you will experience relatively more discomfort compared to initial disposable soft lens wear.
Their selling point is actually their material, fluorosilicone acrylate.
It provides the best eyecare health (eyes are important, some people value this point more) compared to other types of lenses.
They also tend to retain their shapes, unlike disposable soft lens which will go out of shape the longer you use them, and hence resulting in a loss of clarity/comfort.

Depend on what you mean by semi perm contact lenses. Permanent lenses usually refer to conventional soft lenses or hard lenses (GP RGP lenses) .

These lenses are made to order according to your eye curvature aka size etc.

Permanent soft lenses have 2 types. One is normal soft lens material. The better and healthier option for long hours of wear would be silicon hydrogel type.

Of course for best quality of vision and health of the eye. Hard lens option will be the best. Hard lenses itself also many types for different kind of astigmatism and eye conditions. Prices also vary with design.

Cost wise soft conventional < soft conventional toric < hard lenses

Time of replacement depends on the material of your lenses and how well you look after them. Usually will last 1-1.5years for soft. 1.5-2 years for hard. Depends and vary with individual. Follow up regularly with your optometrist and they would give you a better idea of when to replace them.

Singapore is still cheap compared to many countries. Some places even have to pay $200 for consultation before you even know if you are suitable for contact lenses or not

thanks for the replies.

the ones i made are not hard lens, so i suppose would be the conventional soft lens? should be toric, as my astig is rather high.

i tot hard lens wld be best option, but the opto said i prob wont like it since I started out with soft, so he asked me to try soft.

shld be okay right? what are the stuff i shld watch out for?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be frank, I rather use daily lens. I just switched to Acuvue Moist costing me less than a dollar each day. No worries about protein deposits, no worries about damaging the lens as it's relatively cheap, no need to buy solutions etc.

warhunter

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

the ones i made are not hard lens, so i suppose would be the conventional soft lens? should be toric, as my astig is rather high.

i tot hard lens wld be best option, but the opto said i prob wont like it since I started out with soft, so he asked me to try soft.

shld be okay right? what are the stuff i shld watch out for?

look out for pain, redness immediately remove and see your optom.

wear lenses try not to wear long hours. try to free your eyes from contact lenses for at least 1 day a week.

always rub your lenses with solution. and rinse with solution. never let lenses come into contact with tap water.

look out for what ever your optom asked u to look out for

__Neo__

Reaction score
To be frank, I rather use daily lens. I just switched to Acuvue Moist costing me less than a dollar each day. No worries about protein deposits, no worries about damaging the lens as it's relatively cheap, no need to buy solutions etc.

this is of course the healthiest course of action that you can take for your eyes if you wanna wear contacts.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score

ur acuvue moist where buy de? so cheap? 1box 69, 2boxes a mth = 138 = 4.6 per day wor....

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ur acuvue moist where buy de? so cheap? 1box 69, 2boxes a mth = 138 = 4.6 per day wor....

Hint, go to your optometrist to get tested and evaluated. Then buy in Malaysia or online.

I bought 1 year supply at a time, it's cheaper that way.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.