The Contact Lenses Thread

__Neo__

Reaction score
Thank you all for the interest!
Have replied all and have an awesome sunday!

AveryTonic

Master Member
Reaction score
im using a pair of 15mm (black) and a pair of 16mm (brown)

i bought my brown one at bangkok and the lens is uber comfortable. :)

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
any bros using ao sept can give some advice?

need to air-dry the container everyday? can i just sterilise with saline before each use?

cos my hse very dusty, so i think air-dry will make it dirtier, instead of cleaner...

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
Tried a brand Clear1-day, bought at one of the shop in amk, felt comfortable.
using moist for a year, frankly not much different and the price are like 1x more.

I tried buying from online but decide not to, reason being, no recourse if the lenses are faulty, and there are imitation lenses selling online from Taiwan and PRC....

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently using soft lens 38

but recently feel that it is not as comfortable, do u peeps have anything else to recommend?

Just to share that I am using Monthly Contact Lens with the brand, BioFinity which has no issue on dryness under whole day in air-con environment.

__Neo__

Reaction score
currently using soft lens 38

but recently feel that it is not as comfortable, do u peeps have anything else to recommend?

Hey onizuka3,

soflens38 uses HEMA material, hence you might feel uncomfortable after wearing for the entire day.
As for recommendations, try looking for lenses with SILICON HYDROGEL material.
eg: Bioinfinity (like mentioned by fellow forumer), acuvue oasys, etc

Also,
for those interested, have pm-ed again!
Cheer for TGIF mates!

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
Hey onizuka3,

soflens38 uses HEMA material, hence you might feel uncomfortable after wearing for the entire day.
As for recommendations, try looking for lenses with SILICON HYDROGEL material.
eg: Bioinfinity (like mentioned by fellow forumer), acuvue oasys, etc

Also,
for those interested, have pm-ed again!
Cheer for TGIF mates!

Actually not true, plp with dry eye are suppose to be using low water content lenses, Silicon hydrogel lenses are for extented wear becos of high oxygen premeability nothing to do with dryness.:o:o:o

Its not the material, its the water content.

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
is it alright to wear it for whole day?

soft lens 38 seems to be too thick for me so it is not comfortable to wear it for whole day

how much is it ?

As far as lenses are concern, lower water content suits dry eye wearer.... u may wanna check with optom.

__Neo__

Reaction score
Actually not true, plp with dry eye are suppose to be using low water content lenses, Silicon hydrogel lenses are for extented wear becos of high oxygen premeability nothing to do with dryness.:o:o:o

Its not the material, its the water content.

yup that is true for dry eyes.
but onizuka3 mentioned comfort and not dryness AND extended wear, thats why I bring about the HEMA vs silicon hydrogel.

cheers!

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
so for those w dry eyes, shld wear what type of lenses?

i think the opto didnt adjust for my degrees properly. my semi-perm lens didnt correct my vision totally :( there goes 300++......

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am wearing spec for many years. my degree is 425 and astigmatism 50 for both eye. I went to brought a box of contact lens. They given me 450 for both eye, but i got a problem. When i wear it, i can see things which are far, when i look things when is near like handphone, i am not able to see clearly, i need to move the phone a bit far. Is it normal?

Thanks

either tio 老花眼 - presbyopia, or your lenses are over prescribed(over powered).

but a difference of 0.25(4.50 and 4.25) shouldn't give such a problem.

which shop?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.