HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #781
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can we still buy lens(B&L, Acuvue) online from US online stores? Or HSA banned it already?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #782

Can we still buy lens(B&L, Acuvue) online from US online stores? Or HSA banned it already?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fversion%3D3%26autohide%3D1%26%26v%3DB0jbVNB9UtY&version=3&v=B0jbVNB9UtY&autohide=1&&gl=US

Every pair of lenses require fitting. So what do you think you're buying? Fish?
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #783
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway I have booked my check up with Ngee Ann Optmometry Centre.

Since its just $5 so can give it a try. Forget to ask if i can wear my contact there on that day? Anyone who went before got any idea?
No worries, they do have the lens tray and solution.
deathman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #784
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fversion%3D3%26autohide%3D1%26%26v%3DB0jbVNB9UtY&version=3&v=B0jbVNB9UtY&autohide=1&&gl=US

Every pair of lenses require fitting. So what do you think you're buying? Fish?
You think i am dumb or what? Of course i am buying back the same thing i am wearing now.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #785
Supremacy Member

Any place in Bishan/toapayoh/Amk to do contacts lens fitting and eye check?
enigmastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #786
Supremacy Member

Anyway I have booked my check up with Ngee Ann Optmometry Centre.
Good for you, ZacDolski. BTW, do you live in the East? If you do, I think one can also go to ITE East to do such a test. Just FYI.

Maybe warhunter could further elaborate on this...
Citiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #787

i like to go malaysia (jb) to buy contact lens. cheap cheap
sogoofy1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #788
Master Member

i like to go malaysia (jb) to buy contact lens. cheap cheap
lets see if you kena infection or any other stuff still will say such stuff anot lor
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #789
Arch-Supremacy Member

lets see if you kena infection or any other stuff still will say such stuff anot lor
Maybe they did have an eye check, just sourcing for cheaper sources. I myself is one example, I do proper eye check and get my lenses from reputable sources.
deathman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #790

You think i am dumb or what? Of course i am buying back the same thing i am wearing now.
Prescription need to be "renewed" at least once a year.
Everytime you get lenses your eye health must be assessed. Its not so simple as u think. Fitting must be assessed with every batch of lenses dispensed.
Old 15-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #791

Good for you, ZacDolski. BTW, do you live in the East? If you do, I think one can also go to ITE East to do such a test. Just FYI.

Maybe warhunter could further elaborate on this...
Dude. There is a huge difference between optometry and opticianry.
The course in ite is for opticianry. Opticians only prescribe glasses if they are "optician R+D" licensed. Dispensing opticians only dispense out glasses with precription from optometrists or eye doctors and does not check your eyes. they hold "optician dispensing" license.

Optometry is a whole different profession. They assess the visual function of patients,diagnose,manage and refer eye disease, prescribe contact lenses and any forms of optical aids eg. Glasses.

Opticians are only allowed to check patient above 8 years old. Optometrists are allowed to check younger patients.

We already have enough black sheep opticians breaking the law and they are still producing more opticians without first controlling the situation. Overseas opticians are not even allowed to check the prescription. They are only allowed to dispense glasses with a written prescription from optomtrists and ophthalmologists.
Salapi likes this.

Last edited by warhunter; 15-05-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Old 15-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #792

Maybe they did have an eye check, just sourcing for cheaper sources. I myself is one example, I do proper eye check and get my lenses from reputable sources.
As I always say. Eye health and fitting must be assessed with every batch of lenses dispensed.
Old 15-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #793

As I always say. Eye health and fitting must be assessed with every batch of lenses dispensed.
ya, i also got go jb buy before but only go for professional optical shops & get my eye checked then buy. so i think no worries one
solikethat2290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #794

ya, i also got go jb buy before but only go for professional optical shops & get my eye checked then buy. so i think no worries one
Most probably they only check your eye power. They don't go into checking your eye health and fitting.
Old 15-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #795
Supremacy Member

Dude. There is a huge difference between optometry and opticianry.
The course in ite is for opticianry. Opticians only prescribe glasses if they are "optician R+D" licensed. Dispensing opticians only dispense out glasses with precription from optometrists or eye doctors and does not check your eyes. they hold "optician dispensing" license.

Optometry is a whole different profession. They assess the visual function of patients,diagnose,manage and refer eye disease, prescribe contact lenses and any forms of optical aids eg. Glasses.

Opticians are only allowed to check patient above 8 years old. Optometrists are allowed to check younger patients.

We already have enough black sheep opticians breaking the law and they are still producing more opticians without first controlling the situation. Overseas opticians are not even allowed to check the prescription. They are only allowed to dispense glasses with a written prescription from optomtrists and ophthalmologists.
warhunter, thanks for the info. Wow! Luckily I did not go to ITE East for my eye check last month!
Citiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.