HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #871

Question Focus Dailies $80 for 2 30-pack expensive?

Today, I visited the optical shop to get a new pair of spectacles and decided on purchasing some contact lenses for the first time, just to use for special occasions where I don't want to wear spectacles.

I am short-sighted with both eyes being 200 degrees. The lady recommended Focus Dailies and she said must buy minimum 2 boxes (30-pack). So altogether, that's 30 pairs of daily contact lenses. She charged me $80 for them. My question is, is that too expensive?

I've never bought contact lenses before and didn't consult other people about it so I don't know what's the usual price.
ironborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #872

Anyone has any recommendation for monthly toric contacts lens that can support astigmatism of -2.75 cylinder?

I'm currently using B & L Softlens 66 (monthly) . Would like to try out some lens as i don't really feel comfortable.
al3x85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #873

Anyone has any recommendation for monthly toric contacts lens that can support astigmatism of -2.75 cylinder?

I'm currently using B & L Softlens 66 (monthly) . Would like to try out some lens as i don't really feel comfortable.
dude, its either u have to go for permanent/yearly toric CL or Rigid Gas permeable/ Hard CL for ur -2.75 DC.

Alternatively u may wanna try for a compromization of ur astig to -2.25 DC as most current CLs for Astigmatism are only up to -2.25DC
legionzsgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #874

Today, I visited the optical shop to get a new pair of spectacles and decided on purchasing some contact lenses for the first time, just to use for special occasions where I don't want to wear spectacles.

I am short-sighted with both eyes being 200 degrees. The lady recommended Focus Dailies and she said must buy minimum 2 boxes (30-pack). So altogether, that's 30 pairs of daily contact lenses. She charged me $80 for them. My question is, is that too expensive?

I've never bought contact lenses before and didn't consult other people about it so I don't know what's the usual price.
bro, if its Focus Dailies Aqua ComfortPlus, it will be RRP $45, thus u are looking at $10 discount. Thus my question for u to think about . This $80 does it include the proper CL examination and Insertion n Removal Patient Education process?
Old 22-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #875

hmm but how is it possible for only 1 side of my eye to be sensitive?
Sensitivity could be due to the possible adherence of proteins, dust n dirt or even micro organism on ur CL surface. Where ur Maxieyes if i am not wrong is just a color lens without surface treatment other than color pigments.

When ur eye are dry so are the CL on ur eyes, thus, these plastic monomer will increase the friction on the eye surface ... creating more mechanical rubbing that would lead to surface abrasion and irritation, which in turn cause the eyes to be red and inflamed. having it on 1 particular could either be the CL is more "dirty" on that side of eye or perhaps ur hands or other thing had exerted additional irritation to it.
Old 27-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #876

where to buy cheap monthly contact lenses online?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #877
Supremacy Member

I buy from eyelookgood.com

Please go for regular eyes checkup to know your eyes condition before buying from there.

I buy B&L from there cos its cheaper than than optical shops and their expiry date is normally longer. (2-3yrs). Those I bought from shops, only a year plus.
_hulk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #878

But do remember to get a proper CL examinations done for you before u proceed for bulk purchase online...

Remember: online CL price may be very cheap,.. however a visit to the Eye Doctors are darn expensive... and the health of ur pair of eyes.. Priceless...
Old 30-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #879

Contact lenses & contact lens care products from Ezyvision Singapore

has anyone buy from this website before?
silvermlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #880

Solotica lens

Anyone know where I can get solotica lens in Singapore?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #881
Supremacy Member

Clearlab CL

Went to a optical shop wanted to restock my lenses, shop recom a clearlab daily lens. Cheaper than pro clear bought for $38 per box, find it surprisingly good.
wisewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #882
High Supremacy Member

Went to a optical shop wanted to restock my lenses, shop recom a clearlab daily lens. Cheaper than pro clear bought for $38 per box, find it surprisingly good.
is it new brand in S'pore? I nv hear before.

my optical shop let me try B&L trial pair and my astig for specs is more than 3.00... means roughly I should put contact lens for astig 2.5 or 2.75... so same as you.

I also feel uncomfortable using B&L...... the lens don't seems to be able to rotate to the correct Polarise (angle). I think is becoz my eye balls are small. I feel good wearing acuvue lens, the max is 2.25.. I feel that I have perfect eye sight wearing that.

Tried dailies (Acuvue), max is 1.75, also quite clear leh.
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #883
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=Elnin0;74503508]is it new brand in S'pore? I nv hear before.

Actually i saw it US and europe so when the shop recom i am quite ok to try. Was told made in sg.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #884
High Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=wisewise;74510404]
is it new brand in S'pore? I nv hear before.

Actually i saw it US and europe so when the shop recom i am quite ok to try. Was told made in sg.
$38/box... box of 6?
without astig, right?

You got any idea how much for astig? maybe I will ask my optician to try it out.
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #885
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=Elnin0;74511939]

$38/box... box of 6?
without astig, right?

You got any idea how much for astig? maybe I will ask my optician to try it out.
$38 is box of 30s, i use daily lenses.
$35 is for monthly, box of 6, i have some asti (0.75), the shop is trying to sell me @$70 for box of 6.
Since its new, i just try 2 boxes of daily lens first before buying 6 months supply.
agameer likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.