HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #916

I just bought 4 boxes of freshlook coloured dailies contact lens for $84. Is it considered expensive?
i bought for about the same price too.
XiaoXiaMi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #917
Arch-Supremacy Member

im using GEO lens XCK 105 with a diameter of 14.8mm which cost $24.90

just recently i went to platinum mall in bkk and bought a brown contact lens with a diameter of 14.5mm but apparently it is bigger than my 14.8mm GEO lens and it only cost 200 baht.
Scarlet Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #918

hey anyone know if the 1 day acuvue moist is good.

I have keratoconus so my left side the astig is very high but I am not sure of the angle cyl.

I underwent an operation for it on 7th july 2009 as part of a study under Singapore National Eye Research Institute at Singapore National Eye Centre.

Sunday would be exactly 4 years since I underwent the operation.

Can I ask the eyecare practitioner to write down my perscription? Do i have the rights to do so as a consumer if I buy the 1 day acuvue moist lenses from them?
When you make the purchase of the lenses from them, your prescription will be on the side of the contact lens box.

If you ask them, they will definitely tell you also after the eye test.
TheOptometryPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #919

im using GEO lens XCK 105 with a diameter of 14.8mm which cost $24.90

just recently i went to platinum mall in bkk and bought a brown contact lens with a diameter of 14.5mm but apparently it is bigger than my 14.8mm GEO lens and it only cost 200 baht.
better not wear these lenses for too long a day. will cause potential problems in the future. your eye will not get enough oxygen. also have at least a day break in a week. free from contact lenses. give your eyes a break. any pain, redness, itching stop wear immediately and consult your optometrist. Please rub your lenses when you wash them. at least half a minute on each side. these lenses trap loads of crap on them.
warhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #920

Anyone bought from The Optometry Practice - Buy Authentic Contact Lens At Great Prices in Singapore?

They are having a 15% new launch promotion. Tempted to try
check out their about us. theres something fishing about this site. Optometrists dont do lasik. he must be a layman trying to make his website look more "trustable" by putting all the technical terms and professional accreditation. if he has real licenses in malaysia and UK he would have already uploaded it. words dont prove things. Pictures do. Unless they're Pshopped of course.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #921

Having trouble finding anyone with experience of fitting and dispensing Multifocal Toric contact lenses in Singapore.

Any suggestions?
squinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #922

hey anyone know if the 1 day acuvue moist is good.

I have keratoconus so my left side the astig is very high but I am not sure of the angle cyl.

I underwent an operation for it on 7th july 2009 as part of a study under Singapore National Eye Research Institute at Singapore National Eye Centre.

Sunday would be exactly 4 years since I underwent the operation.

Can I ask the eyecare practitioner to write down my perscription? Do i have the rights to do so as a consumer if I buy the 1 day acuvue moist lenses from them?
By law, any information obtained from medical exams belong to the practice. To request for such info by the patient himself is legal. But the practice can charge for it. Cos, its technically a medical report of sorts. Of course in Singapore, No one charges for it.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #923

Having trouble finding anyone with experience of fitting and dispensing Multifocal Toric contact lenses in Singapore.

Any suggestions?
Any optometrist can do that. if you're worried try a teaching institution like SP or NP
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #924

I buy tiara brand contact lens fr qoo10. Each pair last for 6mths now got promo buy one pair get one pair at $8 and shipping fr korea is $6. I tried this brand b4 it is comfortable and wont feel dry so is a gd buy. GEO is also gd
jeme1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #925

Have had the runaround recently as Multifocal Toric contact lenses don't appear to be readily available in SG, so optometrists are reluctant to provide advice for products they do not dispense.
squinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #926

Have had the runaround recently as Multifocal Toric contact lenses don't appear to be readily available in SG, so optometrists are reluctant to provide advice for products they do not dispense.
The schools in singapore carry most brands. IIRC. you can call them up and check
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #927

I buy tiara brand contact lens fr qoo10. Each pair last for 6mths now got promo buy one pair get one pair at $8 and shipping fr korea is $6. I tried this brand b4 it is comfortable and wont feel dry so is a gd buy. GEO is also gd
better not wear these lenses for too long a day. will cause potential problems in the future. your eye will not get enough oxygen. also have at least a day break in a week. free from contact lenses. give your eyes a break. any pain, redness, itching stop wear immediately and consult your optometrist. Please rub your lenses when you wash them. at least half a minute on each side. these lenses trap loads of crap on them.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #928
Arch-Supremacy Member

do u guys usually use monthly disposable types? or daily?
how much to get at one go? eg. 6 months worth

soft/hard lens?

checked with a shop some time back, they recommended monthly soft lens
to test it out, roughly how much am I expected to spend?
osirisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #929

do u guys usually use monthly disposable types? or daily?Dailies are generally cleaner and healthier. You don't choose the brand of lenses, lenses have to prescribed to you because different lenses fit different people. There is no one brand or one size fits all lens. so get your optometrist to do a lens fitting for you. Its not done in singapore usually because consumers are not educated about it. Lenses get sold over the counter as if they were cosmetics. If problems crop up. who is it to blame?
how much to get at one go? eg. 6 months worth As above it has to be prescribed to you. all those promotions that lens companies give are actually detrimental to consumers. Lets say someone bought brand A, 1 year supply because its 50% off. the consumer would go off with 1 year with no aftercare visit to check if the lens is suitable and stable or not.

soft/hard lens? Hard is generally healthier for the eyes and give much better optics compared to soft lenses. but you must get used to it

checked with a shop some time back, they recommended monthly soft lens
to test it out, roughly how much am I expected to spend?
Don't go to shops that try to sell lenses to you without doing a proper lens fit. A lens fit includes checking your eye health, checking your cornea steepness, checking your prescription (power), popping different brands of lenses on your eye and observing the lens through a "microscope": to see if it fits well on your eye, advicing on lens care procedure and lens handling procedures, etc. Do not just buy off the counter. These are prescription only medical devices, in case you do not know.

Last edited by warhunter; 04-08-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #930
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't go to shops that try to sell lenses to you without doing a proper lens fit. A lens fit includes checking your eye health, checking your cornea steepness, checking your prescription (power), popping different brands of lenses on your eye and observing the lens through a "microscope": to see if it fits well on your eye, advicing on lens care procedure and lens handling procedures, etc. Do not just buy off the counter. These are prescription only medical devices, in case you do not know.
I see, thanks for the info
thought it was just getting the right degree/power and selecting the brand

didn't realize there's so much technicalities involved, seems there's alot of fitting and followup to do
osirisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.