HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Contact Lenses Thread

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #1381

Hi, can someone advise me on the price of acuve daily in Taiwan stores? I'm planning to buy 1 years supply.
elisee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #1382

I purchase contact lenses to last a year from America's Best. The contact lenses are great and affordable.
Why wear conventional yearly lens? They are mainly meant for those where disposable lens don't suit them.
Citiguy likes this.
ftpofmpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #1383

Acuvue daily isnt too bad for one day usage...
cupid_sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #1384

Hi, had nv wear contacts b4,do all optical shops offer eye checks to make contact lenses? Or do i need to go the NPOC as people suggest here?
Miguelogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #1385

Hi, had nv wear contacts b4,do all optical shops offer eye checks to make contact lenses? Or do i need to go the NPOC as people suggest here?
There is spoc and npoc in Singapore, but both are open only during term times
Old 03-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #1386

Just realised that for one or two monthly products sold here comes in more limited base curves compared to those sold in bigger markets
Old 07-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #1387

Anybody know where i can get MONTHLY COLOURED lenses that are LESSER THAN 14mm?
putrasocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #1388

Anybody here facing irritation wearing comfortable wearing contact lenses?

Wore contact lenses for a number of years, then stopped due to irritation and dryness. Switched to spec for 3 years, now it seems whenever I put on contact lenses I can feel slight irritation in my eyes.
MuppeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #1389

Anybody know where i can get MONTHLY COLOURED lenses that are LESSER THAN 14mm?
Why you need less than 14mm? You might need to custom make such lenses which are not monthly lenses
Old 09-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #1390

Wore contact lenses for a number of years, then stopped due to irritation and dryness. Switched to spec for 3 years, now it seems whenever I put on contact lenses I can feel slight irritation in my eyes.

Have you gone for a proper contact lens fitting? You can try npoc or spoc in the new term. Total dailies may be a suitable choice
Old 10-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #1391

I just cant use normal coloured contacts... I tried to insert them for days... They keep popping out everytime i blink... I used a daily 13.8mm lense and its fine... Abit uncomfortable when compared to clear lens...

Why you need less than 14mm? You might need to custom make such lenses which are not monthly lenses
Old 12-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #1392

I just cant use normal coloured contacts... I tried to insert them for days... They keep popping out everytime i blink... I used a daily 13.8mm lense and its fine... Abit uncomfortable when compared to clear lens...
You should go for a proper lens fitting, it might be the base curve that's causing problems, you might have a flatter cornea.

Whether a lens fit is a combination of diameter, base curve, material, and the lens design

Wearing tight contact lens is unhealthy for your eyes, will cause problems in the long run. Go to an optometrist for proper lens fitting.

You can also go to npoc or spoc when their term starts
Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #1393

Do you have dry eyes? There are some new contact lens with newer materials such as total dailies. Go to an optometrist for a comprehensive contact lens assessment. Not all shops do that though
Old 14-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #1394

These test will be done for every first timers when visiting optometrist or do we need to request?

When my first time using... Opticians check my suitable power and eye health only...

You should go for a proper lens fitting, it might be the base curve that's causing problems, you might have a flatter cornea.

Whether a lens fit is a combination of diameter, base curve, material, and the lens design

Wearing tight contact lens is unhealthy for your eyes, will cause problems in the long run. Go to an optometrist for proper lens fitting.

You can also go to npoc or spoc when their term starts
Old 14-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #1395

Any advice for first timers when it comes to buying contact lens?
Pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.