Cream for eczema?

goblinn

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got eczema, and have tried those regular brands like Aveeno, Cetaphil, etc but not much results :/ Did some research and saw about Atopalm and Derma.E for eczema! Anyone got use them before?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually there is no cream for eczema apart from steroid cream and frequent moisturing

Can try this gentle cleanser. Pretty good. Can email them and ask for sample

Last edited:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go nsc and was given adapalene cream. This one can get over counter at guardian etc.

alcestis

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got eczema, and have tried those regular brands like Aveeno, Cetaphil, etc but not much results :/ Did some research and saw about Atopalm and Derma.E for eczema! Anyone got use them before?

I have eczema on my body which gets worse due to enviroment (heat/haze). I've tried many brands so the following are my experiences with them.

Aveeno - I've tried their Body wash, lotion, balm and cream but find the texture of everything super thick. The lotion/cream/balm doesn't help with itching and felt like a sticky layer on top of my skin which was very uncomfortable.

Cetaphil/Eucerin/Curel - tried their cleansers and lotions but didn't really do much for my skin. Cleansers felt like didn't clean my body well, lotion wasn't moisturing or soothing enough. Also too pricey in stores.

Atopalm - I really like the Atopalm Moisturizing Facial Cleansing Foam, very gentle and cleans very well. If it were cheaper I'll use from face to toes.
The Intensive Moisturizing Cream has a middle texture, not too rich or heavy. Has a slight medicinal scent. It moisturised my skin well and was very soothing, but tingles when applies on broken skin/cuts. Not bad for mild eczema/facial use.

Cerave - cleansers are not bad, texture is similar to Cetaphil but cleans better I think, skin also feels less dry after. Lotion is good for milder eczema/day use, provides a better skin barrier against irritations. Cream is very rich, better for drier skin/night use, more soothing/repairing than the lotion. Eczema Creamy Oil didn't work for me, made my skin more sensitive and I really didn't like the smell.

SuuBalm - Moisturising cream is lightweight, soothing and is best for immediate anti-itch! But burns abit if I have broken skin cuz of the menthol. I tried a sample of the Body wash and it was very cooling and soothing with the methol. I quite like both products but it's very expensive so I use sparingly and stock up during Guardian/Watson promos. You can request samples from their official SuuBalm website or try out testers in Watson.

Derma E - I love the Psorzema Cream, it has a slight cooling effect upon applying, moisturises my skin without feeling too sticky and really calms down the redness. Only bad thing is that I wish it came in a bigger size. I usually buy from iherb and stock up on this.
The Sensitive Skin Cleanser was not bad but very expensive for a small amount, so I prefer Cerave.
I also tried the Skinbiotics Rescue Cream, it's similar to the Psorzema cream but has tea tree and oregano so it's better for inflammation. But I really didn't like the smell of this so I gave up using this after a month.

This is what I currently use:
-Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser as a body wash, texture similar to Cetaphil but cleans so much better. Skin also feels moisturised after washing.
-Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser for face which is less sensitive; doesn't break out my skin but it's soso only. Might go back to Atopalm cleansing foam after I finish this.
-Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion during the day because it really sinks in and doesn't feel icky in our hot weather. It's very light but keeps skin very well hydrated. I apply more layers if I've having a really bad flare up.
-Derma E Psorzema Cream for night use and really bad flare ups. I think this is best at healing/reparing my skin overnight.
-Silver Biotics Silver Gel for wound healing. I apply mostly on broken skin to help it heal faster/reduce scarring. So-so only but gel is a nice texture.
-Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner for my face. It has 91.3% milk vecht root extract which is very good for inflammation and hydrating. The 200ml bottle quite cheap online so I also apply on my body before going over with a lotion/cream.
-A'pieu Madecassoside Cream (tube form). I use this when I need to reapply when outside. It moisturises well, creates a barrier against irritants. It's soso but very cheap on shopee $6 to $8 and the small tube is so convenient to bring out.
-Suu Balm Moisturising Cream for days when it's so itchy I cannot help but scratch until I break skin, leaving scars :( This really helps reduce itching but is super light on the moisture.

Everyone's skin is different so there's still alot of trial and error when trying products. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Adamfowler

Reaction score
Hi all, i use to have super bad eczema as a child. like pus would drip down my leg always.
I tried 4-5 doctors all didnt work until i found one at bedok. It is called Yang and Yap clinic Bedok north.
Trust me, he is the best dermatologist in Singapore, but it doesnt come cheap.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try anything with hydrocortisone inside. Pretty good if you just have a stubborn itch too.

RF_Engineer

Reaction score
Hi all, i use to have super bad eczema as a child. like pus would drip down my leg always.
I tried 4-5 doctors all didnt work until i found one at bedok. It is called Yang and Yap clinic Bedok north.
Trust me, he is the best dermatologist in Singapore, but it doesnt come cheap.
Hi, can you tell me more about Dr Yang's approach to eczema?

My girl is having a serious case of discoid eczema. Thanks. My HP 92379773 (We can chat on Whatsapp if you prefer. I don't mind a slightly pricey doctor as long as he is not a quack or one-cure wonder)). Thanks in advance,

RF

ShazzAJ

Reaction score
Helpful Tips & Advices for those suffering from Eczema

It’s a painful and discomforting journey for those suffering from eczema. This is especially challenging when dealing with inflamed skin outbreaks and flare-ups that may lead to excessive scratching triggered by factors like our food consumption, environmental toxins and so on.

In TCM terms, eczema is usually linked to deficiencies in Qi (especially for spleen, kidney and liver) causing one to be more susceptible to external pathogenic factors such as wind, heat, cold and dampness - this causes eczema flare-ups.

Managing eczema requires a lot of patience, trial and error and religiously sticking to routines that work best for your skin condition. Here's a very useful and informative article that I came across sharing a comprehensive list of natural remedies and tried and tested solutions that parents have used on their children.

Read this ��: eatprayflying.com/itch-no-more-causes-and-remedies-for-eczema-in-young-children

I highly recommend that you give this article a read even though it is focused on children, I believe the solutions here can still help alleviate eczema symptoms in adults.

Hope that helps~ ��

KevinWang

Reaction score

Frend using Ceradan. Heard good. Try online.
uKZRgM2.jpg

Ignatius J

Reaction score
Idk about yall but I realize my eczema was partially caused by the body wash I use currently I am using loccitance's shea butter shower oil and shea butter light as well as original cream I use the original at the start and subsequently as my skin got better I used the light version of it. Works like magic and the shower oil doesn't make your skin feel dry after washing.

eunice lim

Reaction score
I have not tried any of those brands before. However, i was using wheatgrass creams by Dr Wheatgrass previously and i found it to be not too bad.

Also, just wanted to share about alternative remedies. Just last year, I had a really bad eczema flare and other health complications due to accumulated stress. I started visiting this TCM, called oriental remedies with my mom (who is currently undergoing TSW). This TCM combines both the use of medicinal herbs and technology to help speed up the recovery process and they do have a speciality in dealing with eczema and Topical Steroid Withdrawal. The physicians and therapists are really caring as well. It has been 10 months of seeking treatment there, and I have personally seen some decent progress both my eczema condition and immunity, which are known to be closely linked. My mom's condition has also seen some progress, although slower, due to the longer duration by which she has been using steroids. You can check them up on the web, they have an IG page too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.