The Denim Thread [Read the first few post before asking questions] - Part 1

LeonardToby

Reaction score
If you guys had to choose between Naked & Famous and Red Cloud & Co. Which one would you go for?

edit: to be specific a bit, r424xx or skinnyguy/weirdguy

Last edited:

LeonardToby

Reaction score
Bro ur's is which pair/model?

Maybe cuz i bought a smaller pair that's why and i have bigger legs.

Ive been wearing nudie tfdoee for about a year already bro, since last CNY til now. Just patched it up poorly last night ill have pics uploaded on how big my hole is in a sec

drakyrr

Reaction score
hi guys i have a pair of APC denim, thinking of hemming it as its quite long for my liking and i doesnt like cuffing up my jeans

is it recommended to hem it? i only wore it for like 2 weeks or so.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ive been wearing nudie tfdoee for about a year already bro, since last CNY til now. Just patched it up poorly last night ill have pics uploaded on how big my hole is in a sec

bro, is yours too tight like mine too or fitting you comfortably?

i'm worrying that despite sizing one up, i'll still face crotch rips on my second pair.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just curious, what are your reasons for getting a jeans with selvedge?

no particular reasons bro.

after my lesson learnt with my first pair, comfortable fit > anything else now

I just like the look of the selvage part when cuffed.

LeonardToby

Reaction score
woah bro, you sizing up or sizing down? im a true size 30 and i bought 30 and the waist has stretched out quite a wee bit but its still comfortable fitting, maybe a 30.5 now and its been with me for 12months. However, im always wearing a belt so...

quick edit: crotch rips for nudies are pretty common if im not wrong. plus we're men, we laike to sit with our leg bigbig :D

Last edited:

seanpsk

Master Member
Reaction score
If you guys had to choose between Naked & Famous and Red Cloud & Co. Which one would you go for?

edit: to be specific a bit, r424xx or skinnyguy/weirdguy

Red Cloud wins in all aspects. Construction/Fabric/Hardware/Pricing etc.

You should shoot for their new r400 in 21oz.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woah bro, you sizing up or sizing down? im a true size 30 and i bought 30 and the waist has stretched out quite a wee bit but its still comfortable fitting, maybe a 30.5 now and its been with me for 12months. However, im always wearing a belt so...

quick edit: crotch rips for nudies are pretty common if im not wrong. plus we're men, we laike to sit with our leg bigbig :D

Bro i'm sizing up in my next pair. I'm about a true 30.5.

I went to try size 30 for tfodee, can't do, the waist portion is too loose already and the whole jeans look baggy cuz i'm not very tall too. Bro i hope you know nudies are vanity sized which means your size 30 pair is actually a 32 tts.

So far i've tried the 28 and 30 for tfodee just no luck to try the 29 but i'll be getting the 29 once the stock is back.

muffinkid

Reaction score
hey guys, was wondering if there is a place where i can get my nudies stitched up.. yes, the crotch area tore after wearing for 1 year!

LeonardToby

Reaction score
Red Cloud wins in all aspects. Construction/Fabric/Hardware/Pricing etc.

You should shoot for their new r400 in 21oz.

noted bro, thanks. Just purchased a pair of r424xx off someone at a good price. Cant wait to break them in i havent seen photos of a redcloud evo yet. Im hopeful though, 13.75oz similar to the pbj xx009.

LeonardToby

Reaction score
on another note i did promise pics of my disgusting crotch tear

Note: Its about the size of a blackberry bold.

426799_10150523730553026_758433025_8837095_352222538_n.jpg

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro did you do any sudden drastic movement that caused it to rip apart so big?

LeonardToby

Reaction score
it started off small around the size of a 50cent coin, i totally did not take the hole seriously and as i mentioned earlier i like to sit with my leg bigbig to school to clubs to town, everywhere basically.

I ran, danced, jumped and squatted in them. I even remember once i tried shuffling rly hardcore in them when i was drunk so yeah lor thats how the hole got so big.

or maybe its because i have a really big sdjadickflkajgd

LeonardToby

Reaction score
On a separate note, picked up a new pair of Red Cloud & Co R424xx today.
Im no denim expert so ill just be quoting ranonranonarat from indigo roots regarding the denim. Credits to him

R1003833.jpg

contrast stitching. the main thread is orange and they used lemon yellow thread for the hems as well as some parts of the fly
R1003834.jpg

beefy chainstitch
R1003835.jpg

contrast stitching again
R1003840.jpg

black oxidised rivets. strange they didn't list this detail up on their site as i thought it was a nice touch to this model.
R1003842.jpg

fly hardware
R1003838.jpg

F.Torres

Reaction score
Crotch rip happens when either the jeans is too tight thus causing constant rubbing/abrasion or when u wear those jeans too low. With the constant rubbing of jeans while walking or doing other activities, the jeans get weaker and thus more prone to tearing. Not washing them plays a part as well, cause not washing them means bacterial are residing inside them and thus causing the denim to be weaker and be torn.

Btw u picked up a great jeans from a great man!

Last edited:

LeonardToby

Reaction score
Hahahahha yeah, cant wait to see how its gonna turn out. Im giving it a hotsoak+agitation now

edit: Also, wlao torres bo give face to me at Sufu :(

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.