Dr Martens Working Shoes

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On average, each pair lasts me around 4-5 years. I eventually bought one of their 'For Life' series of shoes, which uses a more durable leather and includes a lifetime replacement warranty. It seems they've just discontinued this series, but will honor the warranty for the rest of my natural life.

My current pair is almost 2 years old now, and is still in excellent condition. Regular Dr Martens are pretty durable, but if you want a more lasting pair, might be worth waiting for their 'Hardlife' series to be released in Jul or Aug this year (they're made similar to the 'For Life' series, but does not include the lifetime warranty).

sunsetbay

Reaction score
moi wearing this as working shoe~ :s22:

B-419493-7734.jpg

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thought of buying but their design turns me off, almost all shoes and boots look like safety wear or combat wear.

No woh they have office series too, just that not often seen in sg. I went Japan they have much larger range including many that is indistinguishable from other brand office shoes. In Japan even have made in England version just few years ago I saw, 350kyen thou, saw amdk ask to try

sunsetbay

Reaction score
inside dr martens factory in England~ the one i bought from amazon is made in china one~ :vijayadmin:

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is something like this but not using the yellow stiching so it looks good for office. I use shoe polish darken the sole portion

dr-martens-1461-3-hole-eyelet-crazy-horse-gaucho-brown-z2-11838201-mens-shoes-p1567-5265_zoom.jpg

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually quite decent shoes even my friend tell me out if fashion liao.

But i ok la, wear liao comfortable more important. And the grip is good. Quite waterproof as long as water never go above the tongue area.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

zensushi

Reaction score
My most lasting shoes are a pair of Dr. Martens. The most comfortable ones were a pair of Rockport shoes.

Now I put on the even more comfortable pair of Skechers when don't have to be too formal...

Greenworm

Reaction score
If you travel to Orchard Gateway, there got Dr.Martens, Redwings and Diamond Walkers.

I got both dr martens and redwings boots and i can say i like redwings more.

For Diamond Walkers, it’s quite Atas but they make very nice work dress shoes.

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want by dr martens, wait for their warehouse sales... freaking cheap!

where to find warehouse sale? that time i lucky chanced upon one bought for only $140
i bought one 2 years ago been wearing it everyday its still good but getting smelly because daily wear
thinking of buying second pair

howtoroll

Reaction score
where to find warehouse sale? that time i lucky chanced upon one bought for only $140
i bought one 2 years ago been wearing it everyday its still good but getting smelly because daily wear
thinking of buying second pair

Most of the time they will share the details of the sales on their FB page. (Bratpack)

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90s everyone into Doc Martens until all the Dr Martin, Doc Marks etc etc all come out :s13:

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90s everyone into Doc Martens until all the Dr Martin, Doc Marks etc etc all come out :s13:

Hey those early 90s made in england doc mar are super high quality shoes back then. Whether for trendy or durability, many buy it.

TeethOfMidas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also thinking of getting but don't know which to look out for.

They have 2 very similar looking pairs, bit 1 has super heavy sole and looks to have very good stitching, while the other is much much lighter with a very normal looking stitching for the soles.

I like the looks of the heavy-soled one but not sure comfy to wear whole day or not.. anyone got comments between the light VS heavy one?

Sent from another corner in SG using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.