Dr Martens Working Shoes

TeethOfMidas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah the stiching came off around 5 1/2 years so opened up mouth and I used shoe glue lasted another 6 months before 60% of the bottom detached. But by then the bottom sole is already worn very thin and I can feel the ground with sole of my feet so decide to retire them. Currently wearing a pair from rockport since brought it while in japan as it looks nice. In the future I will still consider doc marc
5.5years is still very good to me. My longest only 2years.

Sent from another corner in SG using GAGT

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video for made in Britain model(less than 5 percent of total production).

The sole is not glued or sewed but is melted into the shoe.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried 1461 for the 1st time just now. Got a colour that is suitable for work, but the leather is hard!

Will the leather soften after some time of wearing?

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dr martens 1461 BEX. I thought dr martens is good enough for me

BV9VdVM.jpg

Also u can see the leather at the place w lots of flex is torn, seems like water can go in.

sum4Qpx.jpg

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

kenneth525

Reaction score
I thought Dr Martens is durable.
Mine is just about a year only and the sole is already cracked just like in the photo above.

unfortunately i cannot post image/link :s11:

xuan87

Reaction score
Dr Martens have only a few designs that seem suitable for workplaces, especially if it's not too strict on dress code.

My attire is basically like G2000 dress shirts and black pants everyday. I wear a pair of Dr Martens Torriano and bought two more pairs of Cavendish, 1 pair in black and 1 in cherry red.

bbloke

Reaction score
My first pair of doc martens lasted more than 10 years.
Second pair had cracked and chipped off upper leather, in sole poorly glued and slipped inwards after about a year of use.

Will not buy a doc martens again.

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first pair of doc martens lasted more than 10 years.
Second pair had cracked and chipped off upper leather, in sole poorly glued and slipped inwards after about a year of use.

Will not buy a doc martens again.

Last time was made in UK. Now some are made in China. That probably explains why.

TNG

Reaction score
Where do you all resole your beloved Doc Mart shoes? Any good cobbler to recommend?

mingingerrday

Reaction score
Best thing to do is go in a try on - if you remember where your blisters were better as you can avoid the same cut of shoe design

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.