HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #3016

baby is not pushy. Its my first time visiting her , i would say she roughly knows what's your hair problem and your face shape etc( need to have another haircut to gauge ) ...has to depend on the crowd on that day too ...
I beg to differ on her being able to gauge what is suitable for you. However, She is good with her scissors though. My advice is if you have a style you like and thinks it will suit you, please tell her instead of leaving the decision to her.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #3017

Are there any hairdressers that "specialize" or see a lot of slicked back, undercut hairstyles? Thinking of switching to that.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #3018
Master Member

I beg to differ on her being able to gauge what is suitable for you. However, She is good with her scissors though. My advice is if you have a style you like and thinks it will suit you, please tell her instead of leaving the decision to her.
Of cos she is not able to gauge what is suitable for each individual as each preference is different ...and of cos do show her a picture of what kind of haircut you want but it might not turn out exactly same ( depends on faceshape , hair texture , length of hair etc) ...
Old 13-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #3019

how do you tell a hairdresser how to cut this hair? like how to describe the sides.

[News] T.O.P vs Park Bom on StyleM's Star vs Star! ~ Daily K Pop News
Old 13-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #3020
Greater Supremacy Member

either use your phone to show them the picture or you print it out and show them
Old 13-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #3021

So I posted this on Superfuture, figured might as well do it on here as well.

So I've been using the hairbond moulder & distorter for a week now, here are my reviews.

Distorter:
Similar to Sebastian's Craft clay, but cheaper, easier to apply and wash off. It melts and spreads well in my palms, unlike other clays where you really have to rub your palms together to ensure even distribution.

Great for layered or disheveled styles and bangs, like what those brit rock indie band hairstyles.

Only drawback is hold. If you want an all day hold, need to combine with hairspray (although IMO for brit rock styles, minimal hairspray is preferred. It will look more natural and un-forced)

Moulder:
I was quite eagerly anticipating this after seeing all the online reviews. Honestly, its good. Real good. If you want to get that matte male model quiff hairdo on the runway, this will help a lot.

Let's see. Completely matte, decent hold, really easy to spread and distribute into my palms (was surprised by this, usually similar products are much "harder" and more "solid"), and if applied in proper amounts essentially makes your hair look like nothing was in it.

For the male model quiff, please use with hairspray. Else, Moulder itself is enough.

Youtube thestrangerspeak's video on male model quiffs. Basically sums up my thoughts, athough IMO he uses too much spray haha.

If I had to pick one, I would go with Moulder. Combined it with spray for quiffs, used it on its own for lazy days where I just do a side-swept fringe. Also, decent pricing too.

You can get both and other stuff (like craft clay) on this site. Free shipping (but 3 weeks wait) : lookmantastic.com
virex861 likes this.
Old 13-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #3022

So I posted this on Superfuture, figured might as well do it on here as well.

So I've been using the hairbond moulder & distorter for a week now, here are my reviews.

Distorter:
Similar to Sebastian's Craft clay, but cheaper, easier to apply and wash off. It melts and spreads well in my palms, unlike other clays where you really have to rub your palms together to ensure even distribution.

Great for layered or disheveled styles and bangs, like what those brit rock indie band hairstyles.

Only drawback is hold. If you want an all day hold, need to combine with hairspray (although IMO for brit rock styles, minimal hairspray is preferred. It will look more natural and un-forced)

Moulder:
I was quite eagerly anticipating this after seeing all the online reviews. Honestly, its good. Real good. If you want to get that matte male model quiff hairdo on the runway, this will help a lot.

Let's see. Completely matte, decent hold, really easy to spread and distribute into my palms (was surprised by this, usually similar products are much "harder" and more "solid"), and if applied in proper amounts essentially makes your hair look like nothing was in it.

For the male model quiff, please use with hairspray. Else, Moulder itself is enough.

Youtube thestrangerspeak's video on male model quiffs. Basically sums up my thoughts, athough IMO he uses too much spray haha.

If I had to pick one, I would go with Moulder. Combined it with spray for quiffs, used it on its own for lazy days where I just do a side-swept fringe. Also, decent pricing too.

You can get both and other stuff (like craft clay) on this site. Free shipping (but 3 weeks wait) : lookmantastic.com
is the hairbond moulder easy to wash out? water-soluble even?
Old 14-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #3023
Master Member

Now those " back comb hairstyle " jin popular, how to style it? and what kind of wax recommended lol
Old 14-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #3024

Now those " back comb hairstyle " jin popular, how to style it? and what kind of wax recommended lol
Male model hair tutorial - YouTube
Old 14-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #3025

Try Pomade for shine, or quicksand if you like matt comb back.
Old 15-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #3026

is the hairbond moulder easy to wash out? water-soluble even?
Super easy. The stuff is good. You just need a good hairspray to make sure the style stays on all day.

The cut is also super important, besides the product.
Old 15-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #3027

Hey pple... if you are looking for Renati waxes... you can go down to Hair Matters at Adelphi... been receiving a lot of PM regarding where to get it.
Old 15-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #3028
Master Member

This is very nice! Thank you for sharing! Meaning you have to have a certain length !

Any recommendation where can we get Hairbond Moulder other than online?

Last edited by GGGGGG; 15-09-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Old 15-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #3029
Master Member

Actually don't need very long fringe also can do, hair slight over eye when pull down can do le. A lil different look

Just had my hair-cut today.

Last edited by mgbymgbymgby; 15-09-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old 15-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #3030
Arch-Supremacy Member

what kind of hairstyles you guys prefer for wedding? looking for ideas..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.