The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osis+ vs sea salt spray, which one is better? What's the main difference? :s11:

OSIS+ is just hair spray, which is meant as finish. Sea salt spray is used prior to styling, which fundamentally creates volume for you. Both have distinctly different purposes. In a nutshell, hair spray does not and will not create volume for you in any way. In fact, wax or clay will not create volume for you too as their main purposes does not lie in volumizing at all.

The sequence is as follows:
Saltwater Spray --> Wax/clay/pomade --> Hair Spray

Kingurii

Reaction score
leejhong,

I have a hairspray that is alcohol-based. What precautions should I take in-order not to damage my hair? Or should I opt for a non-alcohol-based hairspray?

machioman

Reaction score

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
working on that right now! yup definitely will make sure that pricing makes sense, then we will bring on board & introduce to you folks.

yup. heard label M is quite popular. but the price also on the high side.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
leejhong,

I have a hairspray that is alcohol-based. What precautions should I take in-order not to damage my hair? Or should I opt for a non-alcohol-based hairspray?

Typically, hair sprays are the most common hair styling products that is accompanied with alcohol. This is often associated with aerosol hairsprays where the hair spray is being forced through the small nozzle. However, when it comes to precaution, there is really nothing much to worry about. Because the alcohol dries so fast onto your hair (in small droplets), as long as you are spraying onto your hair and not your face, it shouldn't be a major problem at all.

One thing to note that one of the main differences between alcohol and non-alcohol hair sprays lies in their humidity resistance. In humid-climate SG, alcohol based hair spray proves to resist the high water volume in the humidity weather, hence our hair does not collapse after using alcohol-based hair spray. So one point to note here is to preferably use a good shampoo (ie. vantachi deep cleansing shampoo) to make the hairspray residues soluble in water and thus, washing them off thoroughly.

Pardon me for my ignorance if i am wrong. I think there are non-alcohol hair sprays too but i really don't think they are popular. Hope it helps! :)

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the sea salt spray from leejhong 2 weeks ago. Have been using it for the past 1 week, honestly the hair spray creates volume and provides abit of holding power. Once blow dry apply abit of wax/clay etc and hair spray can last me whole day.

Really makes it easier to style my hair than without the sea salt spray.

RTB - YES.

Kingurii

Reaction score
Typically, hair sprays are the most common hair styling products that is accompanied with alcohol. This is often associated with aerosol hairsprays where the hair spray is being forced through the small nozzle. However, when it comes to precaution, there is really nothing much to worry about. Because the alcohol dries so fast onto your hair (in small droplets), as long as you are spraying onto your hair and not your face, it shouldn't be a major problem at all.

One thing to note that one of the main differences between alcohol and non-alcohol hair sprays lies in their humidity resistance. In humid-climate SG, alcohol based hair spray proves to resist the high water volume in the humidity weather, hence our hair does not collapse after using alcohol-based hair spray. So one point to note here is to preferably use a good shampoo (ie. vantachi deep cleansing shampoo) to make the hairspray residues soluble in water and thus, washing them off thoroughly.

Pardon me for my ignorance if i am wrong. I think there are non-alcohol hair sprays too but i really don't think they are popular. Hope it helps! :)

Thank you for the explanation. I using head & shoulders now. Hopefully it's ok.

ZergRush

Reaction score
Went to Jiwon and attended by Jessie. Good job done.

She fixed my hair done by lacoco 2 weeks ago.

vapo88

Reaction score
ISO Shampoo

Hi,
Does anyone know where can I buy shiseido ISO Tamer Cleanse Shampoo? And how much does it cost? It's a great product which I used to buy online, which doesn't sell anymore. Found out from other forum that some hair salon is selling it, but the thread is dead without any details given.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the sea salt spray from leejhong 2 weeks ago. Have been using it for the past 1 week, honestly the hair spray creates volume and provides abit of holding power. Once blow dry apply abit of wax/clay etc and hair spray can last me whole day.

Really makes it easier to style my hair than without the sea salt spray.

RTB - YES.

Glad to hear that bro! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally my side comb quiff lasted me the day.
with the use of sea salt, silyorn wax(sample by leejhong), some blow drying and alittle hair spray

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally my side comb quiff lasted me the day.
with the use of sea salt, silyorn wax(sample by leejhong), some blow drying and alittle hair spray

Bro, i guess the sea salt spray become part of your life already huh. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.