HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #3121
Supremacy Member

hi, i have a few question about hair care. I really love to style my hair everyday but i'm equally afraid that my hair will get easily damage and result in balding in the future. I was wondering if there are any hair care measures that i can do or products i can use that will help improve my hair health.
And i'm currently using redken working wax maneuver which i bought online. I was wondering if there is anyplace selling this wax as i'm quite satisfy with the product. It would be good if it is around the yishun area and if possible the price too! thank you in advance!
Maybe you can consider using organic hair wax instead?
Old 16-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #3122
Supremacy Member

hi, im pretty troubled with all the different types of hair stylinf products available. i own gatsby moving rubber(grey and purple), i find that it is rather wash off and the strength of the wax is not there.
I wanna do KOREAN hairstyles but with little success. i have a few different types of wax in mind:
Redken maneuver working wax;
Tigi Bed Head;
Fudge Matte Hed;
Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty.
All the 4 above that i have listed are based on internet reviews from other websites. I would like to ask if any of them are good? Reviews? Other recommendations? Of the 4 options above, i have only used Fudge Matte Hed hold factor 9 before. The strength of fudge's is rather good but it leaves a sticky feeling after that(if i remember it correctly).

and also, how about hairsprays to hold the style in place? i read that redken 23 is rather good. is it so? experiences anyone? reviews? other brands?

If you guys know where to get a particular brand at a cheaper price in singapore, please let me know cuz im a noob are they all available in people's park?

It would be of great help of you guys could assist in answering my questions and i'm sorry if anybody feels that i have too many questions here. Thank you very much in advance.
What is your hair texture like?

You can find some brands, e.g. Redken, Kerastase in Chinatown but not all.
Old 16-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #3123
Master Member

hi, im pretty troubled with all the different types of hair stylinf products available. i own gatsby moving rubber(grey and purple), i find that it is rather wash off and the strength of the wax is not there.
I wanna do KOREAN hairstyles but with little success. i have a few different types of wax in mind:
Redken maneuver working wax;
Tigi Bed Head;
Fudge Matte Hed;
Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty.
All the 4 above that i have listed are based on internet reviews from other websites. I would like to ask if any of them are good? Reviews? Other recommendations? Of the 4 options above, i have only used Fudge Matte Hed hold factor 9 before. The strength of fudge's is rather good but it leaves a sticky feeling after that(if i remember it correctly).

and also, how about hairsprays to hold the style in place? i read that redken 23 is rather good. is it so? experiences anyone? reviews? other brands?

If you guys know where to get a particular brand at a cheaper price in singapore, please let me know cuz im a noob are they all available in people's park?

It would be of great help of you guys could assist in answering my questions and i'm sorry if anybody feels that i have too many questions here. Thank you very much in advance.
Hmm sometimes the wax's holding power may vary if it suits your hair too. Personally I use redken roughclay 20, its waaaaaaay easier to wash off compared to gatsby products & it has greater holding power(oh and it smells great imo) compared to gatsby, but of cos not as strong as those gatsby product which clumps ur hair in a lump like gatsby clay.

Some good hair products are Redken Rough Clay 20, Redken Rough Paste 12(my new fav, went to try it after seeing reviews on youtube), American Crew Pomade and hanz de fuko products

About where to get em' I heard that you can purchase redken products at chinatown's oceans. If not I'm selling redken products too, can drop me a pm if you're interested.

Also, korean hairstyles like? Those curly wave? Or those boyband group's spike
Old 16-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #3124
Master Member

hi, i have a few question about hair care. I really love to style my hair everyday but i'm equally afraid that my hair will get easily damage and result in balding in the future. I was wondering if there are any hair care measures that i can do or products i can use that will help improve my hair health.
And i'm currently using redken working wax maneuver which i bought online. I was wondering if there is anyplace selling this wax as i'm quite satisfy with the product. It would be good if it is around the yishun area and if possible the price too! thank you in advance!
I'm selling redken products so you could pm me if you're interested.

If you're using wax often, its kinda hard to not hurt your hair, all you can do is try applying less? Or try to not put as and when you can! Also, getting recommended brands and products will be better too like redken, american crew, hanzdefuko etc.

About redken products, heard u can purchase them at chinatown's oceans. Never been to there before tho.
Old 16-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #3125
Master Member

will joico moulding clay or redken rough clay 20 a better choice? Any hairspray to recommend that holds well ?
Holding power, Joico has better hold than roughclay20, but roughclay20 has better effect (I own both products)
Smell wise, both aint bad but I gotta say joico smells better
It actually depends on what hairstyles you're doing, but I personally prefer redken20 as its waaaay easier to wash off and it doesn't clumps my hair as bad as joico and easier to apply!
Redken 12 rough paste is good too!

About hairspray, basically going to those neighbourhood saloon and getting those $8> hairspray will do if you're only factoring in holding power. But if you want holding power and won't make your hair looks like you've used plenty of hairspray nor making your hair looks wet. You could try Redken spray 23, could google up the reviews!

Anyw if you're interested with redken products you could pm me and I could hook you up with em'
Old 16-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #3126

my hair is between medium and thick with straight and few wavy strands.
Old 16-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #3127
Master Member

my hair is between medium and thick with straight and few wavy strands.
In what way would you like to style it? I think redken roughclay20 would be fitting
Old 16-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #3128

In what way would you like to style it? I think redken roughclay20 would be fitting
something similar to the hairstyle in the video

youtube.com/watch?v=peybNL86yqA&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL2KoQuGk54NgKbEl7LxLJxA]Kim Hyun
Old 16-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #3129
Master Member

hi currently using Redken maneuver wax. is there a product that is as easy to wash off but has a stronger hold?
Personally I didn't tried that before but I did heard some pleasant reviews on it.
I'm currently using redken roughclay20 its easy to wash off and have great holding power. If you're looking for super easy to wash off you can try redken fibergum but holding power wise kinda low
Old 16-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #3130
Master Member

something similar to the hairstyle in the video

youtube.com/watch?v=peybNL86yqA&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL2KoQuGk54NgKbEl7LxLJxA]Kim Hyun
Oh nice, if that's the case Redken Rough Clay 20 would suit that! Plus it won't clumps your hair nor flatten it! Other alternative is Redken Rough Paste 12! And blowing your hair to your desired hairstyle and then applying wax would make it stay for a loooong time and the effect will be awesome!
Old 16-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #3131

Oh nice, if that's the case Redken Rough Clay 20 would suit that! Plus it won't clumps your hair nor flatten it! Other alternative is Redken Rough Paste 12! And blowing your hair to your desired hairstyle and then applying wax would make it stay for a loooong time and the effect will be awesome!
I read that Redken Rough Clay 20 is good but its discontinued? and the alternative Rough Paste 12 is not any better? A similar product to Rough Clay 20 is Matrix Design Pulse Beach Clay? :/

I'm still open for any other available review of choice...
Old 17-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #3132

Have you heard of Hanz De Fuko products, Organic and natural. You can youtube or google for more information or you visit my thread or my site for more details. Cheers for good hair!
Old 17-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #3133
High Supremacy Member

Which clay is suitable for someone with oily scalp?
Old 17-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #3134
Master Member

Which clay is suitable for someone with oily scalp?
Imo clay is a hairstyling product so I believe its up to the shampoo instead
Old 17-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #3135
Master Member

I read that Redken Rough Clay 20 is good but its discontinued? and the alternative Rough Paste 12 is not any better? A similar product to Rough Clay 20 is Matrix Design Pulse Beach Clay? :/

I'm still open for any other available review of choice...
Probably discontinued in US or something, I have no difficulty getting roughclay20. Never tried the beach clay before so I can't comment on it! I also own roughpaste12 and I feel its good? Can't be just me, I got it after I see some product reccomendation video on youtube!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.