Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #331
Supremacy Member

Once again, TO EACH HIS OWN..

How is Glitz / Flhair vs Komachi (Jap stylists) and average price vs premium price comparable.. ?

No pun nor offense intended..

But if I am willing to spend 50-80 bucks monthly on my haircut, I would definitely give those stylists over at Komachi a visit
ar I see. If you were to say that it will be fair enough if I compares similar prices for in terms of quality, haircut, waiting time, then chapter also at 28 simply wins hands-down.
Old 27-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #332
Supremacy Member

Oh i see.. can understand your frustration tho..

Sometimes even i book appointment, i do wait up to 30min only.. Dont know why yours 45min though. Luckily you were not in rush..

"Sometimes the uneven length at the fringe or at the back are sometimes deliberately to be like these and could be requested by the customer instead done by Baby?"

For the above, what i mean was for the guy's hair photo in Glitz's facebook page.

I think there is a miscommunication over there.. did you told her after you got your hair cut?

Maybe if you dont mind you could take a photo of your hairstyle?
Haha it doesn't really matter actually.
But I really love Glitz saloon because they are really friendly, which I really like whereas some stylist just stay dead throughout the haircut.

Oh and I mean guy's hair photo too...
Old 27-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #333
Supremacy Member

Haha it doesn't really matter actually.
But I really love Glitz saloon because they are really friendly, which I really like whereas some stylist just stay dead throughout the haircut.

Oh and I mean guy's hair photo too...
If you mean on the guy's hair photo, what i trying to say was

Some of the punk hairstyle ( not sure which one you referring) could be maybe requested by the customer instead of Baby cut for them. We don't know maybe the customer wanted something daring for his haircut tho..
Old 27-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #334

baby is really notorious in making her customer wait for her. not once she attended to me on time.

will booked an appointment with her before chinese new year and if she still make me wait, will definitely shift to other hairstylist already. my hair is very simple to cut now anyway. just need to buzz the sides and back. any barber shop can do it, maybe even better since barber is good in buzz cut / doing proper fade.

edit:

did glitz raised their price for cny?
Old 27-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #335
Supremacy Member

baby is really notorious in making her customer wait for her. not once she attended to me on time.

will booked an appointment with her before chinese new year and if she still make me wait, will definitely shift to other hairstylist already. my hair is very simple to cut now anyway. just need to buzz the sides and back. any barber shop can do it, maybe even better since barber is good in buzz cut / doing proper fade.

edit:

Hmmmm I heard from baby... for now nope.
Last day before CNY they will up the price, so call her now to make an appt at $28. Eh walk in like that she told me will up the price too. So call and book her ba.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #336
Supremacy Member

edit:

Yea.. but then think of it. She got alot of customer to attend. Imagine dye-ing another customer's hair, cutting another customer hair.. really not easy wor.. lastime i work before.. its really really busy one..
Old 27-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #337

From what i read, i think Baby cuts her own way. I guess you really have to tell her what you want. One snip and you have to wait long time for hair to grow to counter mistake. hmmmmmmmm...... i wanted to try Baby but she is in Ang Mo Kio. Quite far for me and not sure if worth it. i currently go to Far East Plaza X'clusive Salon on 5th Floor, Jaslyn. i like those Jap cuts.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #338

Hello all!

i've just cut my hair at glitz and very satisfied with it!!

baby was very friendly

and very slim and pretty!! ( hahah i was not forced into saying this ) teehee

showed her the photo i wanted

and she said ok!

turns out well also

^^
Old 27-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #339
Master Member

take pic of ur current hair.omg nice leh
Old 27-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #340

Yea.. but then think of it. She got alot of customer to attend. Imagine dye-ing another customer's hair, cutting another customer hair.. really not easy wor.. lastime i work before.. its really really busy one..
this is ridiculous excuse la.

we book / make appointments for a reason. if she's not free on that timing, then tell the customer to choose other time la. how hard is that?
Old 27-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #341

hi guys, would there be any recommended hair saloons in the east area ( i live in tampines).Glitz would be too far for me though. Budget is 20+?
Not really satisfied with my current saloon

I tend to go for a more unique haircut ( shaving the sides, doing undercuts) so if there are any recommended saloons i highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #342
Master Member

actually those branded de saloon is like that de lets say if u go do dyeing hair cut,highlight..if cut,cfm is the hair stylist de..only the dye hair is assistant help..highlight is the stylist u booked..cause cutting and highlight need skill de....but ya damn sian one,cut one hair take damn long cause keep running here and there
Old 27-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #343
Greater Supremacy Member

what's up with whatsme keep jumping on baby's defence
Old 27-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #344
Master Member

east de try base station at tampines mall isetan =d
Old 27-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #345

east de try base station at tampines mall isetan =d
alright, shall give it a try then.
Thanks
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.