HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #3646
Supremacy Member

salt water as in add salt to normal water and spray? any special kind of salt?
You can either DIY your saltwater spray with sea salt. An example of a DIY tutorial can be found here.
DIY Sea-Salt Spray for Beautiful Curls - YouTube

Saltwater spray can be used by both guys and ladies. Guys can use it to create fantastic hair volume. Ladies can use it to bring out the wavy look after perming their hair.

If you are hesitating to do so, you can always purchase saltwater spray off the shelf too. I do sell saltwater spray here, if any of you guys are interested.

OS FASHION SEA SPRAY 200ML ThePrettyJerk

Old 18-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #3647
Supremacy Member

after styling my hair, it tends to drop by noon

any suggestion? mine is short hair btw
Typical answer will be hair spray. But hair spray can be expensive if you keep spamming it, not to mention the headaches that you will have if you use too much of it.

Consider using hair powder/saltwater spray to create hair volume. Pour a bit of hair powder onto your palms and rub it. Then style your hair accordingly before applying your usual wax/clay. U will see how your hair volume is automatically created for you. Then style it as normal with your wax/clay and u definitely use lesser wax than normal. Do not underestimate hair powder as it can be really strong. And hair powder is self explanatory. Being lightweight, it will not pull down your hair at all. So you will have no worries about not lasting through the entire day then.

P.S. Do not use hair powder and saltwater spray together. They are substitutes not complements. If u persist in doing so, prepare to stay at home after doing it.
Old 18-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #3648
Supremacy Member

i always tend to let my hair dry completely before applying as damp hair not only weighs down and also dilute the holding power of the wax / clay... i don't use a hairdryer tho cos im too lazy... at times i do use to speed up the process in the morning...

i think the reason why you find it kind of stiff is the kind of wax you are using... able to comment on what brand of wax are you using?? if you are using gatsby... it's really kinda dry and "heavy"... im using renati rock hard.... hold isn't that "fantastic" but the control is good as well as texture... ultimately you need a hair spray to "Fix" the hair style after stylign with wax... wax alone should not be enough unless your hair is super thin...
Blow drying and letting your hair dry completely on your own is different. Blow drying tends to create temporary hair volume for you (forced movement of wind from dryer). Letting it dry on its own will only make your hair looks flat. Then good luck to you in styling it right after that. LOL
Old 18-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #3649
Supremacy Member

Btw I got oily hair, any recommendations for shampoo or hair cream?
Give deep cleansing shampoo a try. It removes excess oil and dirt from your hair. You might feel a bit dry after usage, but once u towel dry your hair, you will instead feel refreshed. Especially useful for guys who style their hair everyday, this product deep cleanses your hair. Am pretty sure no one wants these products to stay on your hair huh.
Old 18-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #3650

hi does anyone know where to get bigsexyhair products in sg?

are they good?
Old 18-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #3651
Supremacy Member

Nobody uses applied hair tonic?
Old 20-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #3652

Have some extra bottles of Nioxin System 2 cleanser 1000ml available. New packaging and made in Mexico. $68.

Please sms 8777 6999
Old 20-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #3653

anyone cut hair at hair story in 313 before? are they good for cutting guys hair?
Old 21-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #3654
Arch-Supremacy Member

Typical answer will be hair spray. But hair spray can be expensive if you keep spamming it, not to mention the headaches that you will have if you use too much of it.

Consider using hair powder/saltwater spray to create hair volume. Pour a bit of hair powder onto your palms and rub it. Then style your hair accordingly before applying your usual wax/clay. U will see how your hair volume is automatically created for you. Then style it as normal with your wax/clay and u definitely use lesser wax than normal. Do not underestimate hair powder as it can be really strong. And hair powder is self explanatory. Being lightweight, it will not pull down your hair at all. So you will have no worries about not lasting through the entire day then.

P.S. Do not use hair powder and saltwater spray together. They are substitutes not complements. If u persist in doing so, prepare to stay at home after doing it.
i saw my stylist using some hair powder as well that time and i did not really know what it is for. haha. any hair powder brands to reccommend? i did not really see the brand that he was using that time
Old 21-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #3655

anyone know where shua from lacoco went? just called a few days ago seems like she is not working there anymore
Old 21-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #3656

it's always very difficult to wash off my wax no matter what wax i use n i seem to be losing quite a bit of hair( maybe due to everyday using hair product/stress/age). so looking for some shampoo recommendations to clean my hair properly and prevent hair loss, or make my hair thicker
Old 21-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #3657
Supremacy Member

i saw my stylist using some hair powder as well that time and i did not really know what it is for. haha. any hair powder brands to reccommend? i did not really see the brand that he was using that time
Hair powder is used to create hair volume for your hair. There are some "big boys" out there like Loreal Dust It or Schwarzkopf Dust It. I am also carrying some hair powders too.
Old 21-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #3658
Supremacy Member

it's always very difficult to wash off my wax no matter what wax i use n i seem to be losing quite a bit of hair( maybe due to everyday using hair product/stress/age). so looking for some shampoo recommendations to clean my hair properly and prevent hair loss, or make my hair thicker
Try deep cleansing shampoo. It really helps.
Old 21-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #3659
Supremacy Member

red bottle about 5cm tall small bottle? if yes should be osis dust it. to create volume and fluffy.
Old 22-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #3660

anyone know where shua from lacoco went? just called a few days ago seems like she is not working there anymore
u can see her status in her blog: www.shua-hair.blogspot.com

Last edited by weihoe3; 22-03-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.