HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #3706

Any one has any idea where I can get L'Oreal play ball wax - density or deviation?
Old 31-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #3707
Arch-Supremacy Member

Far East Plaza 2nd and 5th floor

for more info can go to the other recommended salon thread

they are good as a whole, not just certain stylist, however I am not going to overrate them, just giving credit when due and my honest view.
Kobayashi is at Far East Plaza. U can do a quick google search on it.

I know of two good hairstylists in the east. Kayson from Twister, Tampines Mall. He is the salon director. Hairstylists for many top celebrities as well as models. Another one is Gerald from Storm, Century Square. Salon director too. Not as famous as Kayson but his skills isnt mediocre either.
wow thanks for the recommendation but the word "director" kinda means over $50 for a haircut

my budget max is $30.

any recommendation around that range
Old 31-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #3708
Greater Supremacy Member

wow thanks for the recommendation but the word "director" kinda means over $50 for a haircut

my budget max is $30.

Kobayashi's normal stylist is $28 for men, Yumiko is more expensive, SongHee is cheaper

.--- -- --. Bugis Beatles | Samalongkok FC
Old 31-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #3709
Great Supremacy Member

my budget max is $30.

Can try Pro Cut at Causeway Point.
Old 31-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #3710
Supremacy Member

my budget max is $30.

Its slightly above $30. Its $35 for both of them. If u buy in a package then it will costs you $30. Buy 5 cuts and get 1 free. Hope it helps!
Old 31-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #3711

I think Chinatown is definitely one of those places that you should check out. They carry a lot of hair products. Anyway, i think u are referring to pomade instead of promade. U can check out Murray's pomade if you are interested. Personally, i dun use that. But i heard a thing or two about this though.

Murray's Pomade

Murray's original pomade available for order now at hairyportal.com now!

Cheers
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #3712

Hi, just like to ask, if our hair is already quite long and we mention to the barber, "top layered and trim the sides", where trimming is involved do barbers usually trim the side by shaving a bit or without using any shaver but just trimming with a pair of scissors?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #3713
Supremacy Member

Hi, just like to ask, if our hair is already quite long and we mention to the barber, "top layered and trim the sides", where trimming is involved do barbers usually trim the side by shaving a bit or without using any shaver but just trimming with a pair of scissors?
Depends on whether you want to cut slopes or layers.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #3714
Supremacy Member

Think you can just invest slightly a bit more money in going to a neighbourhood salon to get rid of all these doubts that you have in mind. Let the professionals do the job. Just saying.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #3715

Question Any solution for hair fall?

Need a solution for my hair fall problem.

I try a lot of methods and a lot of products which promise to reduce hair fall.

But so far none of it helps..

anyone tried and tested a method to reduce hair fall?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #3716

Depends on whether you want to cut slopes or layers.
Think you can just invest slightly a bit more money in going to a neighbourhood salon to get rid of all these doubts that you have in mind. Let the professionals do the job. Just saying.
Hmm.. So basically if our hair is already quite long and we just mention "cut layered", and nothing else, the stylist will know what to do? And normally if cutting Layered, they won't cut slope for the sides?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #3717
Supremacy Member

Need a solution for my hair fall problem.

I try a lot of methods and a lot of products which promise to reduce hair fall.

But so far none of it helps..

anyone tried and tested a method to reduce hair fall?
Oh no. Don't feel discouraged bro. There will surely be a way out. My friend have hair fall problem previously but he went for regular scalp treatment (or something else) and for that period of time, it tends to improve. At least from the way i see him. U might consider doing some research on it.

On a side note, being positive and happy will do u good as well. Just be yourself and you will definitely look good! Fighting!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #3718
Supremacy Member

Hmm.. So basically if our hair is already quite long and we just mention "cut layered", and nothing else, the stylist will know what to do? And normally if cutting Layered, they won't cut slope for the sides?
Correct me if i am wrong. Usually i will just tell the stylist to cut layered for the top area of my hair. He/she will knows what and how to do it. Then for my sides, i want it to be short though not skinhead, so i will say "undercut". I believe many guys right now are having very short hair on the sides. That makes our head shape look sharper and nicer. Alternatively, you can just tell him/her verbally in layman terms that you wan to cut short for your side, depending on how you want to do it.

No worries bro. Just go and try it out. Tell them what you want or even better, let them decide for you if you find a recommended hairstylist. U shouldn't be worrying so much over here! Cheers!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #3719
Supremacy Member

You can just tell them you want to trim the sides but do not want slopes.

I am not sure if those normal barbers are able to cut layered for the sides.

* I assumed you are not referring the hair salon hairstylists as barbers.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #3720

Thanks for advising, guys! Will try it out.

@xRenol, I meant to say, Salon. Barbers cutting layered? =D
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.