HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #3766

hey guys, now what's the fashionable color for guy hair?
feel like bleaching it.. my hair is typical short hair with fringe till eyebrow there, hair quality is not very straight, abit frizzy
Old 19-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #3767

hey guys, now what's the fashionable color for guy hair?
feel like bleaching it.. my hair is typical short hair with fringe till eyebrow there, hair quality is not very straight, abit frizzy
Brown, copper brown. I don't recommend people with frizzy hair to bleach their hair, might damage the hair even more
Shinji Ikari likes this.
Old 19-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #3768
Arch-Supremacy Member

We meet Boon Lay Power then I let you cut!
Power nasi lemak si bohs?
Jiak finish cheekons wings then cut ahs
Old 19-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #3769

hello experts out there, would like to have a new hairstyle. My hair is too frizzy and pom pom and i think its because i shampoo daily and damaged my hair? Will using conditioner helps?

By the way, how to tell the hairstylist to cut something like this ?

Especially the sides! Thanks!
Old 19-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #3770
Supremacy Member

hello experts out there, would like to have a new hairstyle. My hair is too frizzy and pom pom and i think its because i shampoo daily and damaged my hair? Will using conditioner helps?

By the way, how to tell the hairstylist to cut something like this ?

Especially the sides! Thanks!
just show the picture to stylist via handphone. picture tells a thousand words. better than u and your guessing what each other is talking about.
Old 19-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #3771

hahaha but i very shy!! i scare the hairstylist will think i show luo wannabe or later the hairstylist burst into laughter i just want the side to be like the photo and middle looks thick thick.... but i dont want them to cut slope or what so how to describe??
Old 19-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #3772

guys, i have no sideburn...like no hair where sideburns should be.
born like that, so for me those shave sides hairstyle is out right? since will look very weird
Old 19-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #3773
Master Member

hahaha but i very shy!! i scare the hairstylist will think i show luo wannabe or later the hairstylist burst into laughter i just want the side to be like the photo and middle looks thick thick.... but i dont want them to cut slope or what so how to describe??
Just tell them undercut and they will get what you mean. They will most prob double confirm with you that both sides will be short.
Old 19-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #3774
Master Member

guys, i have no sideburn...like no hair where sideburns should be.
born like that, so for me those shave sides hairstyle is out right? since will look very weird
Not really. I personally dont like to keep side burns too. Mine will get a lil curly when its too long so i just shaved it off. Shaved sides normally shave the side burn away with it too.
Shinji Ikari likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #3775

Just tell them undercut and they will get what you mean. They will most prob double confirm with you that both sides will be short.
Thanks for the tips, by the way, my hair is very frizzy and pom pom how to overcome this problem? I think cutting layered hair is not suitable for me?? The middle portion always standing up.... how to flatten it?

Or how should i tell the barber to like trim but not cut short the middle part and let it grow?
Old 20-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #3776
Greater Supremacy Member

Thanks for the tips, by the way, my hair is very frizzy and pom pom how to overcome this problem? I think cutting layered hair is not suitable for me?? The middle portion always standing up.... how to flatten it?

Or how should i tell the barber to like trim but not cut short the middle part and let it grow?
for you is the middle? mine is the sides keep standing up.

either you 1)rebond 2)wear a cap often 3)use product like clay or wax to press it down

but for you is the middle part, not many want it flat as they usually style their hair to give it some shape. well it depend from person to person too.

.--- -- --. Bugis Beatles | Samalongkok FC
Old 20-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #3777

someone enlighten me on what they mean.

Shampoo & Blow
Shampoo & Style
Shampoo & Cut

do they mean shampoo and blow literally? so if i want go cut hair should choose the last option?
Old 20-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #3778
Master Member

Bro, you have no idea how lucky you are. People have to try all kinds of means and measures to allow their hair look "pom pom". But back to your question, besides rebonding and applying hair products to flatten it, i cant really think of anything else. People cut layered is to allow the hair to look volumize as well as getting rid of the "thick" look. Coz when one's hair looks thick, it doesn't really portray a clean and tidy look, at least for me though.

So if you are still alright with thick hair on top, just say in the purest laymen's terms to the hairstylist (don't go to barber if you want to change your hairstyle; go to them if you need trims). Using idiot-proof terms proved to be the safest way for all. But if you were to ask me, i would say make full use of your hair's nature of being volumized and apply some wax/clay to it. You'll look great.
darklighter likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #3779
Master Member

someone enlighten me on what they mean.

Shampoo & Blow
Shampoo & Style
Shampoo & Cut

do they mean shampoo and blow literally? so if i want go cut hair should choose the last option?
I think hair salons or any other shops out there all make their terms as layman as possible. Based on interpretation of these terms, first one is just to shampoo and blow dry (nothing more is done). Second one is to help you style (of coz with blow dry; doesn't cost them an arm and a leg to blow dry for you). And yup, you are right. If you want to cut then its the last option but depending on the salon itself, some might not help you style after cut. But most salons do.
Shinji Ikari likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #3780
Master Member

for you is the middle? mine is the sides keep standing up.

either you 1)rebond 2)wear a cap often 3)use product like clay or wax to press it down

but for you is the middle part, not many want it flat as they usually style their hair to give it some shape. well it depend from person to person too.
Try shaving off the sides to solve your problem, bro. Many, including me, have this problem with the sides too. Thats why if you take a look out there, most hairstyles for guy cant run away from shaved sides. Alternatively, apply some saltwater spray onto your sides then use wax/clay to press it down. It will be easier to do that as compared to w/o saltwater spray.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.