Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #3796
Supremacy Member

is the hold strong? looking for something extremely strong
Hold for powerpoint is almost as good as OSIS+. OSIS's selling point is its extreme strong control. But what i like about Powerpoint is that its lightweight. Most hairsprays will pull down your hair or make your hair too hard hence, looking very unnatural. Powerpoint does not land you up in that situation for sure; yet giving you the wanted strong control and natural look.
Old 25-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #3797
Master Member

Saltwater spray is the SOLUTION to FLAT hair!
Hi bro, wanna check with can these salt water spray retain Volume for long hours even if I decide not to style my hair like on a weekend? I mean just natural look with volume.

Not sure if there's a solution to my hair, I've gone through many pages of this thread and read up some advice you offered (thanks), I have oily scalp and yet frizzy hair (baby hair strand pointing upward to the sky) but after trying out those after market brand (sun silk) hair mask, my scalp got worsen and produce more oil than the past. What do you recommend for this problem? Any solution to prevent baby hair from pointing to the sky? My hair aren't straight and the end curl badly too. Does rebonding the ends of hair strands helps?

Thanks
Old 25-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #3798
Great Supremacy Member

You can try Powerpoint Hair Spray 400ml from Japan. Selling point is lightweight and it won't pull down your hair, unlike many other hair sprays. Pm-ed you already.
I'm still considering. Thanks for the offer.
Old 25-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3799
Great Supremacy Member

I always cut my hair once a month. Always go and trim my sides to really short. Not sure of it's worth it to go to the salon or go to Barber to ask them trim the sides? Anyone experience asking Barber to trim the sides only? A bit scare they screw up my hair.

Or go to those $10 place to trim.

Gonna try American crew fiber. Heard its good. Lol currently using hanz De fuko scheme cream and redKen disheveled fiber cream. I realise the fiber cream super dry. Very Matt but the hold not so strong.
Asian hair like ours no texture one. Very flat. Blow alr also flat.
Last time I cut liao, then always go back to my house here the malay barber ask him trim the sides nia. The problem is they trim sides, sometimes also have to trim the back to match properly.
Old 25-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3800

Hold for powerpoint is almost as good as OSIS+. OSIS's selling point is its extreme strong control. But what i like about Powerpoint is that its lightweight. Most hairsprays will pull down your hair or make your hair too hard hence, looking very unnatural. Powerpoint does not land you up in that situation for sure; yet giving you the wanted strong control and natural look.
i think osis is lightweight as well?

looks like ur selling the powerpoint thing but its not on ur website.. how do i get it?
Old 25-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #3801
Great Supremacy Member

Maybe cut expensive once nd go to those cheap neighborhood salon and trim the sides for 12 bucks. Lol
Old 25-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #3802
Great Supremacy Member

Maybe cut expensive once nd go to those cheap neighborhood salon and trim the sides for 12 bucks. Lol
The salons over my place always never cut the style I wanted. Neither here nor there type. I believe only Shirley Mah is good.

But last time trim sides, I just go malay barber. $5 nia.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #3803
Arch-Supremacy Member

Give deep cleansing shampoo a try. It removes excess oil and dirt from your hair. You might feel a bit dry after usage, but once u towel dry your hair, you will instead feel refreshed. Especially useful for guys who style their hair everyday, this product deep cleanses your hair. Am pretty sure no one wants these products to stay on your hair huh.
wat are deep cleansing shampoo u can recommend??currently using the bawang shampoo not sure gd or not
Old 26-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #3804
Great Supremacy Member

wat are deep cleansing shampoo u can recommend??currently using the bawang shampoo not sure gd or not
Yeah I also interested in a deep cleansing shampoo. I've been using Herbal Essence for quite a long time liao.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #3805
Supremacy Member

Hi bro, wanna check with can these salt water spray retain Volume for long hours even if I decide not to style my hair like on a weekend? I mean just natural look with volume.

Not sure if there's a solution to my hair, I've gone through many pages of this thread and read up some advice you offered (thanks), I have oily scalp and yet frizzy hair (baby hair strand pointing upward to the sky) but after trying out those after market brand (sun silk) hair mask, my scalp got worsen and produce more oil than the past. What do you recommend for this problem? Any solution to prevent baby hair from pointing to the sky? My hair aren't straight and the end curl badly too. Does rebonding the ends of hair strands helps?

Thanks
Hey bro, saltwater spray is definitely capable of retaining volume for long hours. Of coz it goes best with some minimal volume of wax/clay before going out on any normal day. But it does fine without any of them too. Like what you said, just a natural look with volume. Alternatively, hair powder is also possible coz it gives you more control over how you want to volumize your hair. Volumizing with some desire to style, i would say.

No problem, just offering the 2 cents worth of opinions i have. Its good that you are trying out hair mask on the market but one thing to take note of is that hair mask is not supposed to touch your scalp and its supposed to be applied on the hair ends only. Also, do not use hair mask for more than thrice a week. 2 - 3 times per week is already sufficient. This is because excessive usage of hair mask will make your hair even more oily, which totally defeats the purpose of using hair mask. In a nutshell, hair mask is better than hair conditioner and is good for conditioning and giving your hair the required nutrients. But do take note of the things that i mentioned earlier and you should be doing fine. Different brands of hair masks give different results too so it really differs from brand to brand. Nigelle DS TF treatment is one of the best hair masks out there (its salon exclusive).

If i were in your shoes facing problems of baby hairs standing up, i would use wax to control it. Of coz it will be better if saltwater spray can be used too. Rebonding will chemically change the structure of your hair which makes it even straighter (which i really cant find many guys who look good after rebonding). However your problem of frizzy hair is still there (rebonding is not solving frizzy hair) and might worsen as chemically "pampering" your hair will damage your hair further. So you might not even have frizzy hair problems, split ends or even dry/damaged hair will be finding you too. Then you will tend to use more hair mask and perhaps, your condition might worsen. So if i were you, i will not consider rebonding.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #3806
Supremacy Member

Give vantachi deep cleansing shampoo from japan a try. It works perfectly well for me. Always feeling so refreshed after my shower. Pm-ed you already.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #3807
Supremacy Member

Yeah I also interested in a deep cleansing shampoo. I've been using Herbal Essence for quite a long time liao.
There are many brands of shampoo, including deep cleansing shampoo out there. But i am using Vantachi deep cleansing shampoo from japan. Pm-ed you too as well.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #3808
Supremacy Member

i think osis is lightweight as well?

looks like ur selling the powerpoint thing but its not on ur website.. how do i get it?
OSIS is definitely not lightweight. The main selling point for OSIS is its extreme strong control and holding power that not many hair sprays can fight with it. Even powerpoint, i do not dare to say that the holding power is stronger than OSIS. However, the smell and non-lightweight are some of the factors why i find Powerpoint to be better than OSIS. At the end of the day, there is no winner but just finding some products that suit you and to use on different days.

It's up on my site already. Just added it but i am just left with 1 for now. Stocks for this wont be coming in so soon though. Pm-ed you already.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #3809
Supremacy Member

The salons over my place always never cut the style I wanted. Neither here nor there type. I believe only Shirley Mah is good.

But last time trim sides, I just go malay barber. $5 nia.
I stay at Woodlands but i cut my hair over at Shirley Mah too. LOL. Went twice already and will be perming my hair after my reservist. There are definitely better salons out there but in terms of price-performance ratio, Shirley Mah is one of the better ones in this context.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #3810
Master Member

Those having pimple on scalp problem can try using clairol anti dandruff shampoo. Been using for a month and the amount of pimple have been reduced by quite a lot
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.