HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #3871
Master Member

Does Syoss tu-re design controller HARD provide really strong hold for fine hair? and also is it glossy or matt? I don't wanna spend so much money on a wax that doesn't suit me again T_T.
Yes Syoss's selling point is the strength that it gives. Use it with hair powder or saltwater spray prior to styling, you shouldnt have any problem. Most wax comes with slight shine, except for those types of dry wax. Clay on the other hand is matt. Thats one of the diff between wax and clay.

Also, try rubbing the sebastian craft clay onto your palms till it becomes slightly hot before applying. It will have better control for you. As a oneliner, no one's hair should be too difficult to style except for Afro though.
josephkjc likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #3872
Master Member

I was there once, same with the other guy...they also used mousse prior to blowdry(for volume)

I have dust-it, mousse, salt spray (prefer the latter 2 though)
o.O How do you rate the mousse as compared to saltspray then? Since both are applied on damp hair.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #3873
Arch-Supremacy Member

o.O How do you rate the mousse as compared to saltspray then? Since both are applied on damp hair.
mousse is largely dependent on the brand
loreal: is more "stiff" (more hold)
redken[used in kobayashi]: is more natural (less holding strength)
when rubbing on your palms, loreal breaks down easier while redken give a creamy texture
prefer redken(higher price though)

salt spray just started using
initial impression: its somewhere in between the above 2? (which is a good thing)
felt natural(like redken) gives good hold, but hair also felt coarser/rougher(better texture)

volume wise its right about there for the 3

application
mousse: messier(its foamy afterall),
salt spray: I'm not really good with spray on product(angle & coverage), but that's just me(not really a con)
once I have them(mousse/spray) on, the rest is the same just ruffle my hair and blowdry
josephkjc likes this.

Last edited by osirisx; 07-05-2013 at 12:19 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #3874
Great Supremacy Member

OSIS+ session finish (3) is not lightweight. Its selling point is the strong control. Freeze is basically medium control. Both are not lightweight. OSIS+ session/freeze finish both really dont dry fast and its quite "heavy", at least to me. I am using powerpoint hair spray as this is really lightweight. I can easily feel the difference when i alternate. But in terms of strength control, OSIS+ is still the one.
ahhh... ya quite heavy, like gel. lol. take some time to try. then in the end, the hair very stiff. i think for very wild standing hairstyle then can.. maybe i will look for other alternative that are lightweight after my osis+ finish. lol
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #3875

Yes Syoss's selling point is the strength that it gives. Use it with hair powder or saltwater spray prior to styling, you shouldnt have any problem. Most wax comes with slight shine, except for those types of dry wax. Clay on the other hand is matt. Thats one of the diff between wax and clay.

Also, try rubbing the sebastian craft clay onto your palms till it becomes slightly hot before applying. It will have better control for you. As a oneliner, no one's hair should be too difficult to style except for Afro though.
Thanks a lot, guess I'll try looking for it. Yes, I've tried that method doesn't really work for me. It's easy to style but it's really tough to maintain it throughout the day. T_T but I appreciate the help though (: thanks!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #3876
Great Supremacy Member

A simple review on the OS fashion sea salt spray which i got it ytd from the pretty jerk by leejhong.
I used it on towel dried hair and blow dry. Initial impression "wow!". I finally can have some volume in my hair. The spray dries fast enough and leaves a nice smell (not totally girl kind, doesn't make you feel like a girl). The hold is quite good, as you blow into shape, it stays and easily controllable and looking textured. Perfect for people looking to make a quiff which is quite popular nowadays. Think justin bieber and David beckham.

Also, I was given a tester eax from germany because he knows that I do comb back and side comb for work after I stated here in the thread. That's customer service right there!

It's call the silyorn Hair matter. So far I can't comment on the hold but it's pretty controllable. Gives a shine but not oily like. Perfect for slick formal hair style for work.

I think a alternative good pair to the sea salt spray would be the hanz de fuko scheme cream and sponge wax. Can try their new product quicksand if you want to go for a totally matt look.

So far I am very statisfied with the product from the pretty jerk and leejhong has been very helpful towards my queries. Keeps my order on track with SMS reminders. Keep up the good work leejhong, will definitely recommend to all my friends who are looking for such products.

This is a personal review from a statisfied customer and I am not affiliated in any way to theprettyjerk.
josephkjc and leejhong like this.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 07-05-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #3877
Master Member

hi bro & sis

how come after i dyed my hair, and when I wash hair the scalp touched water will feel very pain & spicy...

and i use my hand gentle touch the scalp also will pain

so isit the sclap skin broken or ??

Please help! Thanks

Last edited by AhBui168; 07-05-2013 at 08:57 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3878
Master Member

hi guys, anybody user Redken clay and do double coating before styling?

Lets say i towel dry my hair till slightly damp and i apply a layer of clay first before blow drying. the applying of clay is just the top part or must go through the hair?

please advise thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #3879

hi bro & sis

how come after i dyed my hair, and when I wash hair the scalp touched water will feel very pain & spicy...

Please help! Thanks
change ur shampoo, use special shampoo!

it probably doesn’t lead anywhere!!! ”
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #3880
Great Supremacy Member

hi guys, anybody user Redken clay and do double coating before styling?

Lets say i towel dry my hair till slightly damp and i apply a layer of clay first before blow drying. the applying of clay is just the top part or must go through the hair?

please advise thanks.
For clay right, I think it will be better to just coat 1 layer on blown dry hair. Clay will thrive better in dry hair. And due it's strong, heavy and matt nature, too many layers will bring your hair after awhile. From what I know coming from Sebastian xtah clay days. A little goes a long way.

Unless you're using fiber cream or any other wax, you can layer the product
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #3881

hi bro & sis

Please help! Thanks
You dyed or bleached? U might have sensitive scalp like me. Try to avoid touching your scalp when dying. Your scalp might peel for the next few days but should be back to normal after that. I got that too when i double bleached my hair.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #3882

Is Syoss tu-re design controller HARD easy to wash off. I don't like to do more than 3 times of shampoo to wash off the clay/wax. Previously, I used sebastian clay before, really need a few washes to get it off.
Now using Osis+ Mess up matt gum and Reference of Sweden fiber, the latter is easier to wash off.

Last edited by josephkjc; 07-05-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #3883

mousse is largely dependent on the brand
loreal: is more "stiff" (more hold)
redken[used in kobayashi]: is more natural (less holding strength)
when rubbing on your palms, loreal breaks down easier while redken give a creamy texture
prefer redken(higher price though)

salt spray just started using
initial impression: its somewhere in between the above 2? (which is a good thing)
felt natural(like redken) gives good hold, but hair also felt coarser/rougher(better texture)

volume wise its right about there for the 3

application
mousse: messier(its foamy afterall),
salt spray: I'm not really good with spray on product(angle & coverage), but that's just me(not really a con)
once I have them(mousse/spray) on, the rest is the same just ruffle my hair and blowdry
Thanks for the info. I just bought the loreal volumizing mousse, will give sea salt spray a try when I am done with the mousse.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #3884
Master Member

For clay right, I think it will be better to just coat 1 layer on blown dry hair. Clay will thrive better in dry hair. And due it's strong, heavy and matt nature, too many layers will bring your hair after awhile. From what I know coming from Sebastian xtah clay days. A little goes a long way.

Unless you're using fiber cream or any other wax, you can layer the product
which one is better? Redken clay or Sebastian xtah clay. i have used both before and always undecided which to get when one used up finish
Old 07-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #3885
Great Supremacy Member

which one is better? Redken clay or Sebastian xtah clay. i have used both before and always undecided which to get when one used up finish
Sebastian xtah clay no longer in production. They change the product to something call Sebastian craft clay. Almost similar but I feel xtah is better.

I never try Redken clay before. Only using their disheveled fiber cream now.

Depending on what hairstyle you are doing, I heard Redken maneuver clay is quite good. Can try that. And may be cheaper also. The Sebastian a bit ex. If you don't mind shipping, can get hanz De fuko sponge wax or quicksand. Which I am gonna try after I finish my Redken fiber cream
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.