HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #3961

Yup, the use of sea salt spray combined with my Tu-re wax is pretty good. My hair style can stay in place for a longer period and it's easier to style my hair now. Also, I like my post dry hair texture.
Dont mind me asking, what particular seasalt spray do you use?
Old 19-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #3962
High Supremacy Member

You might want to try out sea salt spray first. You can just spray it directly into your hair and not onto your scalp. It won't irritate your scalp in any way and its SUPER easy to wash off (trust me). And it helps to control the excess oils, especially in SG's humid weather as it works in a way that it dries your hair (not in a damaging manner).
Hello, can sic me where to get the sea salt spray too?
Old 19-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #3963
Master Member

Hello, can sic me where to get the sea salt spray too?
Pm-ed you already. Cheers!
Old 19-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #3964

what have you guys been using to replace the old sebastian crude clay? the new formula seriously sucks... joico, fudge matte head and nakano not as good..

redken? sea salt spray?

Last edited by darklighter; 19-05-2013 at 06:47 PM..
Old 19-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #3965
Master Member

what have you guys been using to replace the old sebastian crude clay? the new formula seriously sucks... joico, matte head and nakano not as good..
You can give Nigelle Bold Make Clay a try. The superb strength control and the unique hair texture that it gives are the main selling points. Besides, its definitely easier to apply as compared to most of the "big boys" out there.
Old 19-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #3966

thanks where can i find it?

saw your reply to a similar post back then
You can try out Syoss Tu-re or 90 degrees x-strong wax. Both from Japan. On a side note, to utilize the potential of Sebastian Craft Clay (its a great product btw), rub onto both palms until it feels a slight burning sensation and then, you should not see any traces of clay left on your palms. Thats when you apply it. #JustSaying.
will give sebastian another try. i think the problem with most of us is lousy technique isn't it?

Last edited by darklighter; 19-05-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Old 19-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #3967
Master Member

thanks where can i find it?

saw your reply to a similar post back then

will give sebastian another try. i think the problem with most of us is lousy technique isn't it?
In my opinion, we ought to know what are we looking out for. Wax, clay and pomade serves all different purposes and have varying characteristics. Clay is definitely harder to use as compared to wax, at least for me. Hence, the technique to use this and your styling method play a part in it too.

Many times, we hear people saying this isnt good, that isnt good. But i feel its kinda subjective as it involves far too many factors. Hence, to be able to find one that you truly like, its reasonable. But if some product doesn't really work out well for you, it doesn't necessarily lie with the product quality, but with the method of application at times too.

Anyway, i pm-ed you already. Cheers!
Old 19-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #3968
Great Supremacy Member

Leejhong rep is picking up fast! Haha. I still love the sea salt spray. Good stuff. My quiff can last me even I go to work in the morning and club afterwards.
Old 19-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #3969
Master Member

Leejhong rep is picking up fast! Haha. I still love the sea salt spray. Good stuff. My quiff can last me even I go to work in the morning and club afterwards.
LOL no lah bro. Just sharing the little bits that i have with you guys. Glad that it really works out so well for you. Just in case, do not use saltwater spray with hair powder. You won't be able to make it out of your house if you do that. Because they are substitutes not complements.
Old 19-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #3970
Arch-Supremacy Member

where to get sea salt spray? want to try
Old 19-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #3971
Master Member

where to get sea salt spray? want to try
Pm-ed you too bro. Take a look.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #3972
Greater Supremacy Member

the sea salt spray still OOS right? if everyone here buy 1 then all get discount? win-win situation
Old 19-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #3973
Great Supremacy Member

This type of hairstyle is known as quiff arh?

I always wanted this type of hairstyle leh. Known to me as chrysanthemum head.

Old 19-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #3974
Master Member

the sea salt spray still OOS right? if everyone here buy 1 then all get discount? win-win situation
Yes the saltwater spray is currently OOS. New stocks will be coming in late June/early July. It takes some time for it to reach SG.

I will take your suggestion into consideration, bro. The main objective is to ensure that consumers, including me, will get value-for-money goods! Cheers.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #3975
Master Member

This type of hairstyle is known as quiff arh?

I always wanted this type of hairstyle leh. Known to me as chrysanthemum head.

Quiff is considered as a relatively harder to make hairstyle, especially for Asians hair texture. Caucasians are usually the ones found with such hairstyles as its much more easier for them to achieve this. Saltwater spray can be used to better aid one in having this as it dries out your hair (not in a damaging manner) so that you can create your desired hair shape with the given layered hair texture and volume from saltwater spray.

Alternatively, you can also perm your hair to achieve this too. After perming, your hair structure bonds will be chemically restructured and changed. Hence, lesser degree of difficulty in achieving this.

Last edited by leejhong; 19-05-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.