HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #3976
Great Supremacy Member

Erm, so my attached picture is actually known as Quiff?

Quiff is considered as a relatively harder to make hairstyle, especially for Asians hair texture. Caucasians are usually the ones found with such hairstyles as its much more easier for them to achieve this. Saltwater spray can be used to better aid one in achieving this as it dries out your hair (not in a damaging manner) so that you can achieve your desired hair shape with layered hair texture and volume created for you instantly.

Alternatively, you can also perm your hair to achieve this too. After perming, your hair structure bonds will be chemically restructured and changed. Hence, lesser degree of difficulty in achieving this.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #3977
Master Member

Yes sort of. But do correct me if i am wrong.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #3978

bro, can share the link for sea salt spray?
Old 19-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #3979
Master Member

bro, can share the link for sea salt spray?
Pm-ed you bro! Take a look.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #3980
Supremacy Member

Dont mind me asking, what particular seasalt spray do you use?
OS FASHION SEA SPRAY 200ML » ThePrettyJerk
I'm using OS sea salt spray recommended and sold by leejhong. You can PM him for more information.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #3981
Greater Supremacy Member

but that quiff/undercut requires a very short side, so you need to shave there often unless your hair grows very shortly
Old 19-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #3982
Great Supremacy Member

but that quiff/undercut requires a very short side, so you need to shave there often unless your hair grows very shortly
I always number 1 my sides so no issues for me but my hair grows out very fast. 3 weeks max must cut liao.

Don't know why armpit and kkj hair don't grow as fast.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #3983
Greater Supremacy Member

I always number 1 my sides so no issues for me but my hair grows out very fast. 3 weeks max must cut liao.

Don't know why armpit and kkj hair don't grow as fast.
if you shave the sides often then ok, I don't have a neighbourhood barber to just shave the sides for me, and I don't want to waste money go salon shave it.
Old 19-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #3984
Master Member

OS FASHION SEA SPRAY 200ML » ThePrettyJerk
I'm using OS sea salt spray recommended and sold by leejhong. You can PM him for more information.
Glad you like it, bro!
Old 19-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #3985
Great Supremacy Member

LOL no lah bro. Just sharing the little bits that i have with you guys. Glad that it really works out so well for you. Just in case, do not use saltwater spray with hair powder. You won't be able to make it out of your house if you do that. Because they are substitutes not complements.
haha ya. no worries. that i know.
Old 19-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #3986
Great Supremacy Member

Men?s Hair Style: The Quiff & How To Style It | FashionBeans

Quiff hairstyle

it's one of the most popular hairstyle now. haha asian got to use sea-salt due to our hair nature.
not as soft and manageable. asian hair more rough and flat.
Old 19-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #3987
Great Supremacy Member

if you shave the sides often then ok, I don't have a neighbourhood barber to just shave the sides for me, and I don't want to waste money go salon shave it.
i always goes back to salon to cut, cause my top also grow up relatively fast and abit hard to make a quiff with all the weight.
Old 19-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #3988
Greater Supremacy Member

i always goes back to salon to cut, cause my top also grow up relatively fast and abit hard to make a quiff with all the weight.
how much do you have to pay to trim the sides?

or you go for a full hair cut?
Old 20-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #3989
Great Supremacy Member

how much do you have to pay to trim the sides?

or you go for a full hair cut?
Actually for me now, I just shave the sides and back area. Other than that, is trim the top abit to get rid of the unwanted hair. Mine is mullet hairstyle but just that I wanna keep the thick kind.
Old 20-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #3990

IMO chinese hair can be styled into quiffs given the right cut and care.

I used to have typical coarse hair like steel wires...however after changing shampoos and having at least a weekly conditioner treatment my hair is quite soft nowadays, to the point where my stylist remarked my hair is similar to angmohs. note that these happened slowly over a year, but good things take time right. Still I have issues with my sides, if I don't trim them every 3-4 weeks I look like wolverine.

I cut @ Clover @ FEP, damn good service and skills, been there for close to 5 years now. Ask for Eason ($28) or Kleida ($38), they're good. Here's a cut of me in Feb, already 2 weeks into the cut and the sides are still ok and not out of shape:

I don't like shaving my sides and back to skin, i prefer a blended-in look bc leaving a bit of hair there looks more polished/business-friendly/versatile and not like some punk teenager haha.

currently got a bit of wolverine sides but I'm going to tahan and grow them so I can slick the sides down like JT:

In fact, if you let your hair grow out and take proper care, chinese hair is very easy to comb or slick back. Need to use blowdryer though to get that volume. Clay or wax + powder/sea salt for a matte quiff, imperial pomade for a wetter look.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.