HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #4021
Supremacy Member

Ok can, why not I do the ordering. Can consolidate orders. Ordering from greatgroomingfix.com. Got sponge wax and quicksand. $30 for 1 tub.
There will be discount for more than 2 purchased. Aiming for 5 tubs so that we can get $3 off each tub. But meeting up to collect will be based on my convenience. Either Tanjong pagar during lunch time on weekdays or town during weekends. Or can collect at tampines or my house area.

1)gaoxing84 (sponge wax)
2)xrenol (sponge wax) if you want bro.
I still considering between Quicksand and Spongewax.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4022
High Supremacy Member

Ok can, why not I do the ordering. Can consolidate orders. Ordering from greatgroomingfix.com. Got sponge wax and quicksand. $30 for 1 tub.
There will be discount for more than 2 purchased. Aiming for 5 tubs so that we can get $3 off each tub. But meeting up to collect will be based on my convenience. Either Tanjong pagar during lunch time on weekdays or town during weekends. Or can collect at tampines or my house area.
1)gaoxing84 (sponge wax)
2)xrenol (sponge wax)
3)dark_aLLeY (quicksand) Collect at Tampines or town area
Old 21-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #4023
Great Supremacy Member

Will Cap at 5 per bottles. Once everything confirm can just Pm me your contact. I just sms the site, so far no reply yet. Wanna ask how much stock they have currently. Yes pls also state the place you will be collecting at.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #4024
Great Supremacy Member

I still considering between Quicksand and Spongewax.
Quicksand is revolutionary kind of wax. Very matt and almost sad like. Sponge wax is their best selling wax. Very versatile. I am getting it to try it on my quiff. Haha hope the hold is good and matt enough.
Old 21-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #4025
High Supremacy Member

Quicksand is revolutionary kind of wax. Very matt and almost sad like. Sponge wax is their best selling wax. Very versatile. I am getting it to try it on my quiff. Haha hope the hold is good and matt enough.
I have thinning hair issue, so I can only use those matt texture clay/wax to create more volume.

Wax is better, as it is less damaging to scalp than clay, and easier to wash off...

I'm not sure if quicksand will give a good hold...
Old 21-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #4026
High Supremacy Member

Quicksand
Details
http://www.hanzdefuko.com/index.php/...ponge-wax.html

Revolutionary!
Add volume, absorb excessive oil and add texture with zero weight! Provides great lift for second day hair and for creating textured styles that defy gravity.

DIRECTIVES: Use on dry hair for gravity defying texture. Use on wet hair prior to styling to add massive volume. Can also be used to absorb excessive oil in the hair and scalp from the over application of products.

FOR STYLING:

Gravity defying texture, with a “Sea-Salt” (ultra-matte) finish is one of the most common hairstyles achieved with Quicksand, although the product is versatile enough to create numerous edgy looks with massive volume and texture. Quicksand can also be used sparingly as a dry shampoo for absorbing excess oil on the hair and scalp or for providing great lift for second day hair when applied directly to the roots.

FEATURES / VARIATIONS:
Quicksand is the most revolutionary and unique of the Hanz de Fuko product line. It is an ongoing favorite among celebrity hairstylists Lavetta Fajardo and Ben Cooke. The unique properties of Quicksand can transform limp, unruly hair into thick, textured works of art with zero weight and zero shine. It also provides you the ability to play and re-shape your hair throughout the day, and works well with hairspray if needed.

*it's hard to wash off, like Gastby.*
Matt: 10
Smell: 7
Hold: 7
Washable: 2

Last edited by dark_aLLeY; 21-05-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 21-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #4027
Supremacy Member

Quicksand
Details
Sponge Wax | Mens Hair Products | Hanz de Fuko

Revolutionary!
Add volume, absorb excessive oil and add texture with zero weight! Provides great lift for second day hair and for creating textured styles that defy gravity.

DIRECTIVES: Use on dry hair for gravity defying texture. Use on wet hair prior to styling to add massive volume. Can also be used to absorb excessive oil in the hair and scalp from the over application of products.

FOR STYLING:

Gravity defying texture, with a “Sea-Salt” (ultra-matte) finish is one of the most common hairstyles achieved with Quicksand, although the product is versatile enough to create numerous edgy looks with massive volume and texture. Quicksand can also be used sparingly as a dry shampoo for absorbing excess oil on the hair and scalp or for providing great lift for second day hair when applied directly to the roots.

FEATURES / VARIATIONS:
Quicksand is the most revolutionary and unique of the Hanz de Fuko product line. It is an ongoing favorite among celebrity hairstylists Lavetta Fajardo and Ben Cooke. The unique properties of Quicksand can transform limp, unruly hair into thick, textured works of art with zero weight and zero shine. It also provides you the ability to play and re-shape your hair throughout the day, and works well with hairspray if needed.

*it's hard to wash off, like Gastby.*
Matt: 10
Smell: 7
Hold: 7
Washable: 2

Hard to wash off?
Old 21-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #4028
Greater Supremacy Member

they have Uppercut

poisonous website, very poisonous
Old 21-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #4029
High Supremacy Member

they have Uppercut

poisonous website, very poisonous
have you tried the Uppercut products? How is it?
Old 21-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #4030
Great Supremacy Member

I have thinning hair issue, so I can only use those matt texture clay/wax to create more volume.

Wax is better, as it is less damaging to scalp than clay, and easier to wash off...

I'm not sure if quicksand will give a good hold...
Oh. The hold is said to be medium. Lol I think sponge wax better. Haha. I am getting sponge wax though. Lol the hold is high.
Old 21-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #4031
High Supremacy Member

Oh. The hold is said to be medium. Lol I think sponge wax better. Haha. I am getting sponge wax though. Lol the hold is high.
But based on the video review, it seems that quicksand hold more than sponge, thus harder to wash off.

Feels like getting both to try.

Example:

For an extreme quick fix.

Last edited by dark_aLLeY; 21-05-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 21-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #4032
Greater Supremacy Member

have you tried the Uppercut products? How is it?
tried once(as in 1 application not 1 tub) from a friend, I will say not bad comparable to Oasis, imo

have been product hopping for a while, not sticking to any in particular
Old 21-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #4033
Great Supremacy Member

But based on the video review, it seems that quicksand hold more than sponge, thus harder to wash off.

Feels like getting both to try.

Example:

For an extreme quick fix.
Haha I will be pairing this with sea salt spray. I think sponge wax will be better for my case if not my hair will look too dry out. Haha. Like hair spoil alr. Buy both and we can order soon. Haha anyone else interested? Anything from the site.
Old 24-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #4034
High Supremacy Member

1)gaoxing84 (sponge wax)
2)xrenol (sponge wax)
3)dark_aLLeY (quicksand x 02) Collect at Tampines or town area

I can take one more quicksand ... we still short of 1 order?
Old 24-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #4035

Looking for hair conditioning/style advice

Men.

I have thin, fine, straight hair and a moderate m-shaped hair line. I have an long almond shape face. In the past, I tried short and spike hair, but they can't last even with strong gel and they make my face look longer :/. For several years now, I have always told my hairdressers to cut high slope on both sides and the back, natural side burn and just trim the top a bit to let it grow. Now, I have a side parting and comb my hair to the right. I have a long forehead, and I hate fringes because they make my forehead sweat and sometimes poke into my eyes, hence I usually comb the majority of my hair to the right and to the back.

Now my hair is between number 1 and 2. I foresee my hair becoming like number 3 then number 5.

For 8 years now, I haven't been using any wax, gel, etc products because I knew that my hair shape/quality is not good (the sides and back grow faster than the top and the top has thinning issues to deal with), so I did not want to damage my hair with those stuff. Also, because my hair is light as well, 1 hour after I shower, my hair starts falling down like fringes and I hate that I have to keep running my hand across my hair to bring it to the sides. I need something to hold my hair but I don't want something hard, strong, greasy or shiny. I like it natural.

In the short term, I hope to manage my hairstyle properly.
In the long term, I hope to remedy my thinning hair issue.

Short term plan:
According to this and this, it looks like hair mousse is recommended for thin fine hair. What brand should I go for? Also, does hair dryer help in the process? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Long term plan:
Should I seek hair treatment? If yes, should I go see doctor? Beijing101 and company? or just see Salons like kimage, etc? I have seen worst cases than mine, so i presume i do not have any medical hair loss condition. So where should I start?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.