HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #4066

Hi guys,

Gonna head out to cut my hair and get new hair wax and spray.
Currently, I know that Swanston & Ocean sells Osis spray, so I'll pop by those 2 shops later on.

May I know where in Singapore sells Fudge Matte Hed? I'm only free today... Can someone pretty please help. Searched in the forum but no avail. TIA!
It is available at hairyportal.com. Only $19.50
Old 27-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #4067
Greater Supremacy Member

HairyPortal
ThePrettyJerk
MachioMan

bookmarked

Old 27-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #4068
Great Supremacy Member

Hairy portal can bring in hanz de fuko scheme cream?
Old 27-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #4069
Master Member

So to achieve a thick looking volume + high height, clay is better than wax?

I'm having a mullet hairstyle.
To achieve hair volume, wax/clay is often not the best solution to attain this. Consider saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume. Clay is dry and gives a matte effect and typically, its strength control is better than wax. But like what i mentioned before, method of application for clay and wax differs. It MIGHT be relatively harder to apply or use clay for some people. Afterall, it roots down to finding the right product for yourself.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #4070
Master Member

HairyPortal
ThePrettyJerk
MachioMan

bookmarked

NICEEE. Serving the wide community of users in SG. Cheers!
Old 27-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #4071

HairyPortal
ThePrettyJerk
MachioMan

bookmarked

Thanks! We generally try to import hard-to-find brands in Singapore, so do let us now if you want any particular stuff.
Old 27-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #4072
Great Supremacy Member

To achieve hair volume, wax/clay is often not the best solution to attain this. Consider saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume. Clay is dry and gives a matte effect and typically, its strength control is better than wax. But like what i mentioned before, method of application for clay and wax differs. It MIGHT be relatively harder to apply or use clay for some people. Afterall, it roots down to finding the right product for yourself.
Actually I still don't understand.

I'm on mullet hairstyle but wanna make it look thick. I see some people's hairstyle on the streets quite thick looking. I approached and ask them, they tell me they just use wax + abit of hairspray that's all. Is it because my hair naturally not as thick as them or I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using Uevo wax and Osis+.
Old 27-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #4073
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks! We generally try to import hard-to-find brands in Singapore, so do let us now if you want any particular stuff.
Try kms and label m?
Old 27-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #4074

Try kms and label m?
yup sure, will look into that! what are the specific products from these brands that you like?
Old 27-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #4075

I'm on mullet hairstyle but wanna make it look thick. I see some people's hairstyle on the streets quite thick looking. I approached and ask them, they tell me they just use wax + abit of hairspray that's all. Is it because my hair naturally not as thick as them or I'm doing something wrong?

Ya, that could definitely be the case. My hair is really fine too so it's hard to create volume even with hair sprays. If you really want volume, then you got to use ALOT of the product on your head, which some people find it a hassle or too much to bear.

Or maybe you can consider changing hairstyles that better suit your hair texture.
Old 27-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #4076
Great Supremacy Member

Ya, that could definitely be the case. My hair is really fine too so it's hard to create volume even with hair sprays. If you really want volume, then you got to use ALOT of the product on your head, which some people find it a hassle or too much to bear.

Or maybe you can consider changing hairstyles that better suit your hair texture.
My hair forever standing kind and I checked with a lot of hairstylist before. All say the same thing. Either mullet or botak hairstyle.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #4077

I have really fine hair. Was using Lorel volume mousse an it helps to create volume. Just gotten sea salt spray and it works better, easier to blow dry as well. After that I style with wax and finish with hairspray.
My hair can stay up and not fall flat for more than 12hrs
Old 27-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #4078
Master Member

Some have thick hair and some don't. Some have straight hair and some don't. It all depends on one so cant really replicate what others are doing onto oneself as it really depends on one. This applies to hair products as well. Some might find this good but some don't.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #4079
Supremacy Member

Got the tu-re from mr leejhong ytd, pretty ok wax haha. Hold quite durable!
U combine with sea salt spray, the effect will be even better and hairstyle can stay in shape longer.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #4080
Great Supremacy Member

Osis+ vs sea salt spray, which one is better? What's the main difference?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.