HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #4276

Wow, that is bad. Lucky that I did not went to Kobayashi and went for Super Cuts instead.
yaaa.. Word of advice, don't ever get a haircut from a malaysian. He cut for me like those paikia hairstyle even though i showed him a picture. Asked for an undercut but the overlapping part is way shorter than in the picture and the behind is those V shape.. Like the paikia kind. I guess malaysians have these kind of hairstyles that's why
Old 15-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #4277
Arch-Supremacy Member

yaaa.. Word of advice, don't ever get a haircut from a malaysian. He cut for me like those paikia hairstyle even though i showed him a picture. Asked for an undercut but the overlapping part is way shorter than in the picture and the behind is those V shape.. Like the paikia kind. I guess malaysians have these kind of hairstyles that's why
I went there once, was ok for me
u went to the one at which lvl?
didn't ask to fix it for u on the spot?
Old 15-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #4278
Master Member

Bro, dont fall victim to generalization. If you realized, most hairstylists in SG are not singaporeans. They are mostly malaysians. And most of them are good. In your situation, you should always ask them to trim and change it till you are satisfied. I believe any decent hairstylists will ask you whether are you satisfied with it before they keep their scissors.
Old 15-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #4279

Bro, dont fall victim to generalization. If you realized, most hairstylists in SG are not singaporeans. They are mostly malaysians. And most of them are good. In your situation, you should always ask them to trim and change it till you are satisfied. I believe any decent hairstylists will ask you whether are you satisfied with it before they keep their scissors.
he shaved my hair till I can see my scalp. What's there to trim?
Old 15-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #4280

I went there once, was ok for me
u went to the one at which lvl?
didn't ask to fix it for u on the spot?
Level 2 leh
Old 15-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #4281
Supremacy Member

Just had a haircut at kobayashi. WORST HAIRCUT OF MY LIFE. I even went back home and trim some **** ends myself.
Okie u went to level 2...Still can remb the hairstylist name, Max, Leslie, Ivan? or general description of the person... So far my experience with Vivian is good..U can try her or Purple..give them another chance ba~
Old 15-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #4282

btw guys, which of the imperial barber products are good for thin hairs?
Old 15-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #4283

Bought my first tub of Imperial Classic Pomade today, wow this stuff is crazy good. Styling side parts like Harvey Spector in Suits has never been easier. Usually my longer strands will fall onto my face as the day passes, needing a touch-up, but Classic pomade holds it there without being too heavy. Win-win!

If you're unsure about which Imperial product is suitable, try the Fiber. Good but not too strong hold, more matte than Gel or Classic, and like its name, creates texture via its fibers, so your hair wouldn't be so thin.

IMO Fiber is more versatile, but I wanted that slick business side-part, so bought Classic instead.

TL;DR version: Im an Imperial convert.
Old 15-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #4284

Okie u went to level 2...Still can remb the hairstylist name, Max, Leslie, Ivan? or general description of the person... So far my experience with Vivian is good..U can try her or Purple..give them another chance ba~
Some dude called mitch.. I went to Shunji Matsuo at 313 to get it fixed today. Some director called Chisato cut it for me. She saved my life.
Old 16-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #4285

Some dude called mitch.. I went to Shunji Matsuo at 313 to get it fixed today. Some director called Chisato cut it for me. She saved my life.
Forget about Kobayashi bro, my experience wasn't exactly good too.

I think all the stylists there are Malaysians, they have a few new male stylists I heard, and the female stylists are flooded with all too many male customers making the whole haircut experience and feel a bit weird if you know what I mean...

I rather go Salon Vim or Shunji. More professional and I just need a good haircut. =)

Last edited by saggice; 16-06-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 16-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #4286
Great Supremacy Member

I think Kobayashi purple does give me a good haircut and experience. Just have to go during the right time.
Old 16-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #4287

hi guys. need some advice.

i've been using renati extreme hair play paste all these while, looking to try smth new.

between the Hanz De Fuko Quicksand and the Sebastian Craft Clay, which is easier to wash off and give a better matte finish? (i have fine and straight hair)
Old 16-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #4288

Is joico ice erratic hair molding clay good for sidecomb?

Can it last the whole day without dropping?
Old 16-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #4289

hello everyone, anyone got salon recommendation @ bishan/amk/toa payoh area?
Old 16-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #4290

HDF Quicksand

hi guys. need some advice.

i've been using renati extreme hair play paste all these while, looking to try smth new.

between the Hanz De Fuko Quicksand and the Sebastian Craft Clay, which is easier to wash off and give a better matte finish? (i have fine and straight hair)
The Hanz De Fuko quicksand is easier to wash off compared to the Sebastian craft clay.

You can order it at HairyPortal for $28. Item arriving late June.

Sebastian Craft Clay is $21

Cheers
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.