HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #4351

ohh.. haha i am looking for sample to try first. later buy already don't like waste money. haha. pomade give the perfect side comb. lol like harvey specter in suits
We are launching sample size for order. Each container will be approximately 20ml and cost $12 for 3 samples. You can choose any 3 products for sample.

You can email us the samples you want at order@hairyportal.com

We will update our website and Facebook page soon.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #4352
Great Supremacy Member

We are launching sample size for order. Each container will be approximately 20ml and cost $12 for 3 samples. You can choose any 3 products for sample.

You can email us the samples you want at order@hairyportal.com

We will update our website and Facebook page soon.
Wow. Sample for any 3 products? Sounds good, can try pomade. Maybe can try imperial pomade and hdf quicksand
zish82 likes this.
Old 25-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #4353

Recommendation for hair products

Hi, I have been using gatsby wax and clay but I just think it is too hard to wash off. Any recommendation to what type of products to use that is scalp friendly as I have oily scalp. Short to medium hair, need to have good hold too. What product to use to have more volume and any spray for recommendation to use to hold my hair for the whole day? Sorry so many qns. Quite a noob.
Old 25-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #4354

Hi, I have been using gatsby wax and clay but I just think it is too hard to wash off. Any recommendation to what type of products to use that is scalp friendly as I have oily scalp. Short to medium hair, need to have good hold too. What product to use to have more volume and any spray for recommendation to use to hold my hair for the whole day? Sorry so many qns. Quite a noob.
Old 25-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #4355
Supremacy Member

U can try 90 degrees x-strong wax (made of natural plants as ingredients) and saltwater spray to complement it further. With these two, its pretty much guaranteed that your hair will last you through the day itself. Pm-ed you too. Take a look.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #4356

Epic long post on hair up.

I got my hair trimmed on Mon, in prep for another haircut 4 weeks later for grad ceremony on the 25th. TBH Harvey Spector hairdo getting a bit too long and uncomfortable in this humidity, because I had to grow out my sides to slick them down. So I decided to really trim it down this time.

I used this pic for ref:

but asked for the top to be shorter and not as thick. Couldn't be bothered to maintain thicker hair in the crazy heat, just wanted a simple british schoolboy side-swept haircut.

Styled my hair twice today, in the morning with Hairbond Distorter Clay, KMS seasalt spray and some locally made hairspray rec by my stylist. Went for a dry / matte tousled quiff.

@9am

For such a style, IMO the key is not to be too perfect, but look like you just spent a minute on your hair then out the door. After a few hours (and lots of wind blowing into my hairstyle) this is what it looked like:

@2:30pm

Yeah the sides were sticking out, but I like since it looks way more natural. Hold was slightly of an issue though, by late afternoon I had to consciously brush hair off my forehead and into place, but again small matter because I like to run fingers through my hair throughout the day.

As you can see, I got pretty good hair genetics. Yes, its Chinese, straight and coarse, but there is enough softness and slight natural texture / wave that I can style it w/o product overdose. FYI I always like to have girls run their fingers thru' my hair, usually get +ve comments.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #4357
Great Supremacy Member

looking good bro. can't agree more than singapore humidity is a problem for us, it breaks down the hold and the strong winds at times making it worse.

very hard to fully achieve the ref picture because we don't have natural coloured hair. haha

i am gonna try using pomade, anyway i am ordering from hairy portal for their imperial water classic pomade, 3 sample for $12, anyone wants to share? can choose anything from their range.

I will take 2 samples, left 1 more, pm me if you're interested to share.
dj_flame likes this.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #4358

Later I hit the gym @ 6pm, showered and left @ 8. I brought some Imperial Classic Pomade in my bag, so I went for a tighter, slicked down and side-part style.

Didn't have my blow dryer so it wasn't as perfect as I wanted, since you can see stray hairs sticking out. Still decent enough. For sleeker styles I prefer to be as perfect as possible, no strays etc but can't always get what you want.

You can see that the later style has more of a shine and less volume. Will mostly rock this style for the office, the messy dry one for weekends.

So yeah 2 different products, 2 similar but different looks.

I would say to get the hairstyle you want please get the following:
  1. A blowdryer (not need so ex, I use a $29 one from Watsons)
  2. A decent hairbrush for shaping while blowdrying. Personally I use a brush with very wide, loose bristles for general shape, and follow up with another brush with very fine, densely packed bristles to shape stray hairs and touch up on the edges where the long strands are blended into the shorter ones. However, if you only can get one, get the denser brush
  3. A decent comb if you want a pomp, slick-back or side-part style. A good comb works wonders with pomade. I use Kent for both combs and brushes.

edit: The andrewdoeshair guy on youtube has a great video on how to blow dry. Go watch, I basically copy what he does.

Last edited by dj_flame; 25-06-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Old 26-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #4359
Great Supremacy Member

i usually rock side slick parting to work and some-sort of quiff (asian chinese hard to do quiff) during the weekends. maybe i can post my so called quiff when i have my next hair cut.

i usually uses a very normal brush and my hands to dry my hair, pushing it side ways.

i admit i got alot of stray hairs. damn sian, maybe this time round ask purple not to layer too much.
Old 26-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #4360
Master Member

eh eh anyone use/see this hair powder before? like quite imba sia...but dunno where to get...
Q8 Cosmetics

tjp or hairyportal bring in leh! hahaha
Old 26-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #4361
High Supremacy Member

eh eh anyone use/see this hair powder before? like quite imba sia...but dunno where to get...
Q8 Cosmetics

I've used such powder type of hairstyle product before. The hold is not that strong, and chances are the powder is gonna touch the scalp and reflect in hairloss. IMO, you might as well just get the Han De fuko products.
Old 26-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #4362
Supremacy Member

Q8 Cosmetics

Haha this is very similar to Powder On Mattifying Effect Powder that i am carrying. Just that there are too many different brands for a product type out there.
Old 26-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #4363
Supremacy Member

I've used such powder type of hairstyle product before. The hold is not that strong, and chances are the powder is gonna touch the scalp and reflect in hairloss. IMO, you might as well just get the Han De fuko products.
I would beg to differ, in my opinion. Hair powder hold is very strong, even stronger than seasalt spray. Some of the hairstyling professionals from Schwarzkopf and Loreal demonstrated in their videos that such hair powders are safe and if used properly, it shouldnt touch your scalp and damage it substantially.
New OSiS Dust It by Schwarzkopf Professional - YouTube

This second video shows how 女人我最大 introduces the hair powder and how they used it. They do apply it directly onto the scalp.
蓬蓬粉蓬松粉造型粉女人我最大小P推荐

Even if you have doubts with regard to touching the scalp, chances are other types of hair products do bear equal amount of risk as well. Baseline is that you do have to find the specific product to match your needs.
Old 26-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #4364
Great Supremacy Member

Actually hair serum got use or not arh? Girlfriend pass me 1 bottle ask me go home use.
Old 26-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #4365
Supremacy Member

Actually hair serum got use or not arh? Girlfriend pass me 1 bottle ask me go home use.
It helps to make your hair softer and its meant to be applied onto the hair ends. Basically, its for convenience sake. Just apply onto your hair and just go out as per normal. Hair care is important and its often neglected. So why not? Since its FOC too.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.