HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #4411
Master Member

With volume, naturally your hair will look thicker and fluffier.
Saltwater spray can be one great option to consider to achieve volume.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #4412
Master Member

long and thick hair? haha gotta use a comb. fine bristle.

quick question to all.
should i continue to thin my hair or just cut alittle shorter while leaving the "thickness"?

having coarse hair sucks

anyone uses paul mitchell products?
feel like trying these. going swanston tmr to take a look.

Instant Moisture® Daily Shampoo

Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo
Personally, i feel that if you do not have thinning hair problem, you should try to thin your hair whenever u go for haircut. Too thick doesnt really give you a clean and neat look. Looks haggard instead. With that said, i will also try to cut shorter a bit but this is totally up to one's preference. Just avoid long and thick shd be fine.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #4413
Great Supremacy Member

Personally, i feel that if you do not have thinning hair problem, you should try to thin your hair whenever u go for haircut. Too thick doesnt really give you a clean and neat look. Looks haggard instead. With that said, i will also try to cut shorter a bit but this is totally up to one's preference. Just avoid long and thick shd be fine.
Not sure if I got thin hair but I definitely have coarse hair. Haha. After blow drying, sure will fray out, damn messy. My hair is like screaming Asian! Probably will cut a little shorter at the sides and back. I might wanna leave a little length on the top and front. Probably not layering my hair this time and see how it grows out and see the texture. Still gotta consult purple. See she zai anot. Haha

Used to thin/layer my hair too much in the past.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 04-07-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #4414
Supremacy Member

You allergic to that substance? Went swanston today, their Paul Mitchell stuff like suddenly very limited, they say no stock. I bought awapuhi shampoo. 300ml for 16.90. I think next time order from strawberrynet if use already good. They got 300, 500 and 1000 ml online.

You can check out the website. They got listen the ingredients used in each product.
Nope, because Sodium Laureth Sulfate can cause the following
  • Irritation of the skin and eyes
  • Organ toxicity
  • Developmental/reproductive toxicity
  • Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, and biochemical or cellular changes
  • Possible mutations and cancer
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #4415

My hair has been alot better in terms of texture and "softness" since I switched to Avalon Organics about a year ago. The Bioton Thickening shampoo is what i use, I don't know if it is the primary factor in my hair "improvement", but it does work.

SLS-free (although there is some green washing), and ordering from Iherb.com is cheaper than paying Watson prices.

Last edited by dj_flame; 05-07-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #4416
Master Member

Lol bro, all soap got sds leh. You can just look at any washing product sure got de lo... even some facial wash put down there non soap formulation also got sds inside lo... :/

It's not that bad la... more of sensitive skin problem
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #4417
Master Member

My hair has been alot better in terms of texture and "softness" since I switched to Avalon Organics about a year ago. The Bioton Thickening shampoo is what i use, I don't know if it is the primary factor in my hair "improvement", but it does work.

SLS-free (although there is some green washing), and ordering from Iherb.com is cheaper than paying Watson prices.

I'm generally curious... the packaging wrote no sulphates instead of no sls/sds... does it seriously contain no other kinds of lauryl sulphates? If no is it still bubbly?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #4418

From the site (KIV its 70% organic)

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (¹), aqua (water), decyl glucoside, sodium coco-sulfate, coco-glucoside, sorbitol, xanthan gum, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract (¹)*, calendula officinalis flower extract (¹), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (¹), citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract (¹)*, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract (¹)*, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract (¹)*, serenoa serrulata fruit extract (¹)(²), solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract (¹)*, styrax benzoin resin extract, tanacetum vulgare extract, canarium luzonicum gum nonvolatiles, cedrus deodara wood oil, cedrus atlantica bark oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, copaifera officinalis (balsam copaiba) resin, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, eucalyptus citriodora oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) resin oil, geranium maculatum oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil (¹), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (¹), zingiber officinale (ginger) root oil, babassu oil polyglyceryl-4 esters, bisabolol, citric acid, hydrolyzed wheat protein, inulin(¹), sodium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, alcohol (¹), benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, limonene, linalool.
(¹) Certified organic ingredient
(²)Saw palmetto extract
*Known as biotin carrier. Product is preserved with sodium benzoate
No parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates, sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate. 100% vegetarian ingredients.
Yup it definitely bubbles.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #4419
Master Member

They bluff you sia... sodium coco sulphate is just sodium lauryl sulphate made with cheaper ingredients... sodium lauryl sulphate is the sds I'm talking about... but oops! It isn't the related laureth sulphate that the other guy was actually asking about

my bad! Apologies

Edit. I'm in no way suggesting that this is a bad thing. In fact I might just try this one out after my shampoo runs out

Last edited by deaththeorist; 05-07-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #4420
Master Member

Iherb.com is indeed a good place to get organic toiletries
Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #4421

Hi guys where can i get the imperial pomade? any local shop?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #4422

This one watson can get meh?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #4423
Great Supremacy Member

Can the pros advise on how to use clay? I'm unable to achieve the hairstyle Su has style for me. Don't know whether she apply clay then wax or the pro thingy.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #4424
Master Member

Can the pros advise on how to use clay? I'm unable to achieve the hairstyle Su has style for me. Don't know whether she apply clay then wax or the pro thingy.
Not exactly a pro but in my opinion, clay is usually dry in texture. Use the hard part of your fingernails and dig it out in an upward direction. The amount to use is approximately 1/2-3/4 of your fingernails. Reason in doing so is because you wouldn't want it to get stuck in your nails and this method is easier in digging the dry clay out. Rub them onto your hands till you get a slight burning sensation. You shouldn't see any visible remains on your hands then. Apply as per normal onto your dry hair, in the direction as if you are towel-drying your hair after shower.

As for why you couldn't replicate the same hairstyle that your hairstylist did for you, i wouldn't be surprised. Coz they are hairstylists. Seldom are we able to replicate the same hairstyle that they did for you. My advice is to practise as much as you can and try not to be dogmatic about attaining back the same hairstyle that they did for you. There are so many diff hairstyles out there so just have fun styling it.

Last edited by leejhong; 07-07-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #4425
Honorary Member

actually most of the time cant get effect i think it is coz some ppl hair thin n straight. as in very fine. n soft.. thats what most hair salon ppl will tell u.. they always intro hair sprays after the put the wax/gum etc etc etc.. u ownself make best is when ur hair is wet.. use a hair dryer to dry it but 'style' a bit.. that will help a lot.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.