HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #4426

I am currently using Renati Rock Hard and I feel that the hold is not strong enough to hold my side parting and that it feels rather greasy after awhile. I do however like that it is easy to wash and within my budget of around $20.

Given these considerations, can someone advise on which of the following products is "better":

1. 90 Degrees X-Strong Wax
2. HDF Quicksand
3. HDF Sponge Wax
4. Uevo Grey

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #4427
Master Member

I am currently using Renati Rock Hard and I feel that the hold is not strong enough to hold my side parting and that it feels rather greasy after awhile. I do however like that it is easy to wash and within my budget of around $20.

Given these considerations, can someone advise on which of the following products is "better":

1. 90 Degrees X-Strong Wax
2. HDF Quicksand
3. HDF Sponge Wax
4. Uevo Grey

Thanks in advance!
90 Degrees is pretty much similar to Renati. Dry wax and its also made of natural ingredients so its definitely less damaging to your hair too. 90 Degrees will not let you feel greasy too and the hold itself is reasonably strong. Something that i like about 90 Degrees in particular is that its very easy to apply/wash off and it doesn't really make your hair too sticky at all. Hence, restyling is definitely possible with it. Pair it off with a bottle of hair spray will pretty much do the job that you want it to be.

However, if you are just holding for good strength control specifically, i think HDF Sponge Wax and Uevo Grey might be better options instead. Whereas for a product that is balanced throughout in terms of easiness to use, strength control, price and natural ingredients used, i feel 90 degrees better suit this classification. Hope it helps!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #4428
Great Supremacy Member

Not exactly a pro but in my opinion, clay is usually dry in texture. Use the hard part of your fingernails and dig it out in an upward direction. The amount to use is approximately 1/2-3/4 of your fingernails. Reason in doing so is because you wouldn't want it to get stuck in your nails and this method is easier in digging the dry clay out. Rub them onto your hands till you get a slight burning sensation. You shouldn't see any visible remains on your hands then. Apply as per normal onto your dry hair, in the direction as if you are towel-drying your hair after shower.

As for why you couldn't replicate the same hairstyle that your hairstylist did for you, i wouldn't be surprised. Coz they are hairstylists. Seldom are we able to replicate the same hairstyle that they did for you. My advice is to practise as much as you can and try not to be dogmatic about attaining back the same hairstyle that they did for you. There are so many diff hairstyles out there so just have fun styling it.
I called Su and she said she applied clay and then wax. She also told me to leave hair semi wet while applying clay then use hairdryer blow dry. She say mullet hairstyle if use hand very hard to achieve the pattern she actually did for me.

She also said the same thing. Ask me practice more with hairdryer. Easier in a sense also.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #4429
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys, can intro me this sea salt hair spray mahs??

kum xia kum xia!!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #4430
Honorary Member

i got it.. it is not bad seriously ~
netzach likes this.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #4431
Master Member

guys, can intro me this sea salt hair spray mahs??

kum xia kum xia!!
Seasalt spray is used to create hair volume and is tailored towards combating the main problem of "FLAT" hair. This is often seen in asian hair texture whereby our hair tends to be flat when dry. With seasalt spray, it can helps to create instant hair volume for you whereby one will definitely look better and natural after application. All you got to do is to spray a few pumps onto your damp/towel-dried hair and blow-dry it. And you will be WOW.

Seasalt spray can also be complemented with the use of hair wax/clay too. Consequently, subsequent application of these styling products will also be lesser too. Hope it helps.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #4432
Master Member

Glad that it worked out for you, bro!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #4433
Arch-Supremacy Member

thank kiew bro

Seasalt spray is used to create hair volume and is tailored towards combating the main problem of "FLAT" hair. This is often seen in asian hair texture whereby our hair tends to be flat when dry. With seasalt spray, it can helps to create instant hair volume for you whereby one will definitely look better and natural after application. All you got to do is to spray a few pumps onto your damp/towel-dried hair and blow-dry it. And you will be WOW.

Seasalt spray can also be complemented with the use of hair wax/clay too. Consequently, subsequent application of these styling products will also be lesser too. Hope it helps.
thank kiew for the kind intro bro. appreciate it!
do you happen to have the sea salt spray on hand? i would most love to purchase one and give it a try.
do drop me a PM if you have em sea salt spray. thanks you much!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #4434
Master Member

thank kiew for the kind intro bro. appreciate it!
do you happen to have the sea salt spray on hand? i would most love to purchase one and give it a try.
do drop me a PM if you have em sea salt spray. thanks you much!
I had pm-ed you already bro. Next shipment for seasalt spray will be likely to arrive by end of next week. Reservations for seasalt spray will be accepted so do pm me if you want to reserve one.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #4435
Arch-Supremacy Member

I had pm-ed you already bro. Next shipment for seasalt spray will be likely to arrive by end of next week. Reservations for seasalt spray will be accepted so do pm me if you want to reserve one.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #4436
Great Supremacy Member

Sea salt spray craze over here! Haha. Mine already 3/4 gone. Gonna try the kms sea salt spray and compare after I have finish the OS sea salt spray
netzach likes this.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #4437

Hi hair gurus, can anyone recommend a texturising product? I am currently using Redken Outplay texture putty, and am wanting to try something similar ...
Old 09-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #4438
Master Member

Sea salt spray craze over here! Haha. Mine already 3/4 gone. Gonna try the kms sea salt spray and compare after I have finish the OS sea salt spray
Looking forward to your reviews bro!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #4439
Great Supremacy Member

I think my hair too long and thick alr. My side comb very flat or I should use lesser scheme cream or product. Haha. Btw still waiting for hair portal to restock so I can buy the quicksand sample to test. See if it's better than spongewax? Probably will try pomade to replace scheme cream but i don't think pomade will give volume. Probably just flat.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #4440
High Supremacy Member

I think my hair too long and thick alr. My side comb very flat or I should use lesser scheme cream or product. Haha. Btw still waiting for hair portal to restock so I can buy the quicksand sample to test. See if it's better than spongewax? Probably will try pomade to replace scheme cream but i don't think pomade will give volume. Probably just flat.
got new pomade products hitting our shores.

The Panic Room

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heistcommitted
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.