Old 10-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #4456
Honorary Member

leejhong: the sample you gave me is what ar? i havent used it! lol

Thx

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #4457
Master Member

Kms California HAIR PLAY Sea Salt Spray | Hair | BeautyBay.com

free shipping. $22.60 but not sure how long does the shipping take.
At least 2 weeks. Mine took 3 weeks to arrive.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #4458
Master Member

Sebastian is a premium brand from US and the product craft clay is reasonably good. It doesn't really freeze and harden your hair too much. Its more of soft hold which makes your hair look more natural after application. With that said, it isn't really suited for people with thinning and fine hair as the results might not be satisfactory. I got to admit that it might be formulated to better match the hair texture of Caucasians rather than Asian as well. Because our hair is too straight, the hold itself might not be fantastically good but instead, its just reasonably decent enough to hold it. IMO, i do not use this when i need to achieve strong control over my hair for the day. Instead, i use this when i wanna to portray a light and casual look for the day. As i said, this is like soft clay which doesn't really harden your hair at all.

Prior to application, you got to rub onto palms till you get a slight burning sensation before you can apply onto your hair. Twist and punch your hair ends too. As a whole, the texture and matte finish that Sebastian craft clay gives is considerably good. But definitely, there will be better products out there.

I prefer using Nigelle Bold Make Clay over this as its not the typical dry and hard clay. Its soft and wet but amazingly, the texture it gives is a nice matte finish and the holding strength is fantastically good. Very expensive product but so far, the best styling product that i ever used.
Wow that's a very detailed review. Thank you so much! Any particular wax to intro for quiff? I see gaoxing recommend sponge wax. Any other alternative? Cos it's like oos almost everywhere.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #4459

just hooted quicksand.. anyone got hair spray to recommend?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #4460
Master Member

At least 2 weeks. Mine took 3 weeks to arrive.
it makes ur hair wavy ah?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #4461
Master Member

leejhong: the sample you gave me is what ar? i havent used it! lol

Thx
Bro, from my records, it shows as Vifa Molding Clay. Don't judge it by its appearance. Haha might not look pretty to you but gives you decent strength control.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #4462
Master Member

Wow that's a very detailed review. Thank you so much! Any particular wax to intro for quiff? I see gaoxing recommend sponge wax. Any other alternative? Cos it's like oos almost everywhere.
There are many wax products out there to make quiff. Any decent wax that gives you reasonably strong control will pretty much do the job. Will pm you to share with you some of my recommendations.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #4463
Master Member

just hooted quicksand.. anyone got hair spray to recommend?
Feeling Power Point Hair Spray from Japan. Lightweight is the word. Not many hairsprays can give you the advantage of lightweight. Most just emphasize on strength control. Schwarzkopf OSIS+ Session Finish can be a pretty good option too. Just to share, i brought in a new kind of hair spray too.VOI Hair Spray. Not exactly a strength-oriented hairspray but it comes with a very pleasant and fruity smell. Gives one a natural and casual look especially if you are out for a day of "sports".
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #4464

can buy from where ar?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #4465
Master Member

it makes ur hair wavy ah?
Saltwater spray does not make your hair wavy. If you intend to make your hair wavy, plausible solutions will be to use a hair curler to make temporary curls or perm your hair at a hair salon. Saltwater spray is fundamentally used to create volume in the hair so that you can say BYE to FLAT hair.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #4466
Master Member

can buy from where ar?
Perhaps its not big enough. THEPRETTYJERK. I pm-ed you bro!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #4467
Honorary Member

Bro, from my records, it shows as Vifa Molding Clay. Don't judge it by its appearance. Haha might not look pretty to you but gives you decent strength control.
i will try this weekend when im home. can use with the sea salt spray hor?

Hopefully the clay easy to wash off! lol

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #4468
Great Supremacy Member

Finally cut my hair by vivian at Kobayashi. Cut a side quiff similar to the picture few pages back. I can say that purple skills is slighty better cause she will usually use scissors to trim my sides and back instead of a trimmer. Vivian will push salon products. So far purple haven't tried to push me anything after 3 visits. I think I am gonna stick to purple.

Gonna try to style similarly using scheme cream, if not have to use sponge wax.

I think vivian used mousse to create volume first then finish with uevo grey wax
Old 11-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #4469

Finally cut my hair by vivian at Kobayashi. Cut a side quiff similar to the picture few pages back. I can say that purple skills is slighty better cause she will usually use scissors to trim my sides and back instead of a trimmer. Vivian will push salon products. So far purple haven't tried to push me anything after 3 visits. I think I am gonna stick to purple.

Gonna try to style similarly using scheme cream, if not have to use sponge wax.

I think vivian used mousse to create volume first then finish with uevo grey wax
Can show pics of your hair
Old 11-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #4470
Great Supremacy Member

Can show pics of your hair
can't see leh. tried taking. my room light not strong enough.
even if i take, it will be a blob of black hair all on top.

sorry i not Caucasian. no colored hair. lol
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.