HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #4561
Honorary Member

Nigelle bold make clay very tempting. been eying it a while liao. Then that quick sand too! arghhhhhhh

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 16-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #4562
Master Member

Nigelle bold make clay very tempting. been eying it a while liao. Then that quick sand too! arghhhhhhh
Give Nigelle a try. If you're looking for something good, this is it. Undoubtedly, its expensive but if you have the budget to, i will highly recommend it to you.
Old 16-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #4563
Great Supremacy Member

Reviews and recommendations saying that Quicksand is easier to play with than Uevo. For me, I would prefer to stick with Uevo though but definitely tempted to get Nigelle clay after what most have mentioned.
Old 16-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #4564
Master Member

Reviews and recommendations saying that Quicksand is easier to play with than Uevo. For me, I would prefer to stick with Uevo though but definitely tempted to get Nigelle clay after what most have mentioned.
Hope the nigelle sample will do the magic for you, bro!
Old 16-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #4565
Supremacy Member

hi guys, need sum advice... my hair is kind of thin and i hope to go for those kind of messy wake up hairstyle.... any advice which clay to go for??? i know sea salt spray is a must.... need to give up gatsby products.... TIA
Old 16-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #4566
Great Supremacy Member

Hope the nigelle sample will do the magic for you, bro!
I hope so too. Will message you later on to finalize confirm timing and place. Lunch time I scare still sleeping. Just ORD not too long ago, holiday mood arh.
Old 16-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #4567
Honorary Member

Next up its the sand or Nigelle for me ~

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 16-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #4568
Master Member

hi guys, need sum advice... my hair is kind of thin and i hope to go for those kind of messy wake up hairstyle.... any advice which clay to go for??? i know sea salt spray is a must.... need to give up gatsby products.... TIA
Because your hair is thin so its good that you use saltwater spray to give it a matte structure. And also, creating hair volume for you too. I will advise you to go for Asian brands. European brands (Sebastian, Schwarzkopf, Hanz De Fuko) are formulated to better suit Caucasian's hair texture and might not really suit you, i feel. For example, if you use Sebastian Craft Clay on your hair, because its thin and presumably straight too, its relatively hard for you to style it up. Even though with the help of saltwater spray, it might be easier but IMO, it will be easier for you to use Japan brands clay (Uevo, EBL, Nigelle). U will have an easier time to create layered or your desired hair texture.

Another point to take note is that since your hair is thin, you might want to avoid pomade or gel or wax with high shine. With shine, it will make your hair appear even thinner and finer. That would defeat the whole fundamental purpose. And do not use too much of the clay to pinch your hair ends. Tousle it while styling and for the fringe, just crunch it slightly so that it tends to look more natural.Too much pointed ends might not give you the desired voluminous look that you want.
popdod and kingcarlos like this.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #4569
Master Member

Next up its the sand or Nigelle for me ~
Both products will be good. Exercise decision-making, bro!
Old 16-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #4570

Below is an elaborated description of nigelle bold make clay

Selling points:

- Top grade clay which is non sticky to create your desired texture easily with dry matte finish; Comes with pleasant smell
- Lightweight clay which does not pull the hair down yet at the same time, looking natural
- Exclusively catered to create layered hair texture and tousled look; Fantastically strong holding power to last through the day
- Absolute easiness to style and washing off
- Best for people with short to medium hair length
- Nigelle is one of the premium brands in Japan; Quality is guaranteed

Something you should also know:

- A special type of clay which is soft and wet in nature; Typical clay is dry and hard which could be relatively hard to apply
- Nigelle Bold Make Clay SH does not become firm after application which allows high level of easiness in restyling freely and flexibly
- How long can this last (daily usage): 8 to 10 months
Is your Nigelle by Milbon?
Old 16-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #4571
Master Member

Because your hair is thin so its good that you use saltwater spray to give it a matte structure. And also, creating hair volume for you too. I will advise you to go for Asian brands. European brands (Sebastian, Schwarzkopf, Hanz De Fuko) are formulated to better suit Caucasian's hair texture and might not really suit you, i feel. For example, if you use Sebastian Craft Clay on your hair, because its thin and presumably straight too, its relatively hard for you to style it up. Even though with the help of saltwater spray, it might be easier but IMO, it will be easier for you to use Japan brands clay (Uevo, EBL, Nigelle). U will have an easier time to create layered or your desired hair texture.

Another point to take note is that since your hair is thin, you might want to avoid pomade or gel or wax with high shine. With shine, it will make your hair appear even thinner and finer. That would defeat the whole fundamental purpose. And do not use too much of the clay to pinch your hair ends. Tousle it while styling and for the fringe, just crunch it slightly so that it tends to look more natural.Too much pointed ends might not give you the desired voluminous look that you want.

i think one more thing to consider is hair colour.... i recently dyed my hair jet black... and although i had thin looking hair, as in sparse, the intense black made it seem like its much thicker... should have dyed then let stylist cut... wrong move there... [blardy army.... tio ict....zzzzzzzz]

and... the sea spray really sia... i'd say its like a toothpaste! you dun need it per se... primary sch mass brush teeth always no toothpaste de right?...but then once u used it, you cant go back XD
+1 to OS fashion sea spray! btw jh, since u said better to apply when wet, i applied just now after bathing... see whether after one night's sleep the volume is there anot! for the lazy! haha

in other news i went to hoot vantachi hair clay also! cos it comes in a tube hahaha...but gonna take at least a month to arrive... i see some places say its comparable to nigelle sia... dunno true not... anyone got experience with this guy?

Last edited by deaththeorist; 16-07-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 16-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #4572
Supremacy Member

thanks for the advice.... u hav pm....
Old 16-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #4573
Great Supremacy Member

just received my samples from Hairyportal

Imperial Classic Pomade
Imperial Matt Pomade
HDF Quicksand

First impression, both the pomade smells good! fruity. The matt pomade smells like bubblegum.
HDF quicksand smells the same as sponge wax.

*paid sample from hairyportal. Will do a review after i tried out 3 of them.

Btw, does people pair sea salt spray and pomade? Like dry hair after using the spray and finish off with pomade?
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #4574
Honorary Member

can we buy like sample from them or prettyjerk?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 17-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #4575
Supremacy Member

The samples not cheap right?
I got the sponge wax after he told me the samples no longer 10 plus bucks. Straight after the restock :/
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.