Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #4576
Great Supremacy Member

The samples not cheap right?
I got the sponge wax after he told me the samples no longer 10 plus bucks. Straight after the restock :/
Ya man. not cheap. but i got it at a cheaper rate because i preordered.

can we buy like sample from them or prettyjerk?
prettyjerk give out of goodwill. Hairyportal sells them.
Prices increased from 12 to 23 or 27 for 3 different kind of hair product they are selling. The same amount as what leejhong gives
Old 17-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #4577
Master Member

Is your Nigelle by Milbon?
Yes Nigelle is by Milbon.
Old 17-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #4578
Master Member

can we buy like sample from them or prettyjerk?
Usually, i will give free samples upon purchase. Its to show my appreciation for the support from you guys.

Alternatively, samples of greater volume can be purchased for certain products depending on the stock availability too.
netzach likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #4579

I went to Watsons and they have lots of hair brushes, brands like Kent, Vidal sassoon etc. 1 whole shelf of brushes at Takashimaya's Watson.
Kent brushes are nearly 3 times more expensive
There are also so many different types of brushes.

Like to ask which brush is recommended for guys hair, to blow dry after sea salt spray to create more volume?

Is Kent worth the price?
Old 17-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #4580
Master Member

thanks for the advice.... u hav pm....
Replied you already, bro!
Old 17-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #4581
Master Member

i think one more thing to consider is hair colour.... i recently dyed my hair jet black... and although i had thin looking hair, as in sparse, the intense black made it seem like its much thicker... should have dyed then let stylist cut... wrong move there... [blardy army.... tio ict....zzzzzzzz]

and... the sea spray really sia... i'd say its like a toothpaste! you dun need it per se... primary sch mass brush teeth always no toothpaste de right?...but then once u used it, you cant go back XD
+1 to OS fashion sea spray! btw jh, since u said better to apply when wet, i applied just now after bathing... see whether after one night's sleep the volume is there anot! for the lazy! haha

in other news i went to hoot vantachi hair clay also! cos it comes in a tube hahaha...but gonna take at least a month to arrive... i see some places say its comparable to nigelle sia... dunno true not... anyone got experience with this guy?
Yeah it gives better results when applied on damp hair. But if you sleep with it, i am not sure if you might wake up with a lion's mane leh.

Personally, i used Vantachi hair clay in tube form before. In fact, i have one instock now as its a new product that i tried importing myself to test how it goes. To be frank, its nowhere comparable to Nigelle Bold Make Clay. Both gives a matte texture as finish but Vantachi is much harder to apply as it is very sticky. It will become firm after application pretty fast whereas Nigelle does not. But the good thing about Vantachi is that its gives a very pleasant fruity smell and the hold is awesomely good too.
Old 17-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #4582
Master Member

I went to Watsons and they have lots of hair brushes, brands like Kent, Vidal sassoon etc. 1 whole shelf of brushes at Takashimaya's Watson.
Kent brushes are nearly 3 times more expensive
There are also so many different types of brushes.

Like to ask which brush is recommended for guys hair, to blow dry after sea salt spray to create more volume?

Is Kent worth the price?
Personally I use Kent...the small round one is harder, the unisex brush is softer... unisex one for hair care, like after blow dry to eliminate frizz. It's super effective I tell you.. my bro and gf keep koping
dj_flame likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #4583
Master Member

Yeah it gives better results when applied on damp hair. But if you sleep with it, i am not sure if you might wake up with a lion's mane leh.

Personally, i used Vantachi hair clay in tube form before. In fact, i have one instock now as its a new product that i tried importing myself to test how it goes. To be frank, its nowhere comparable to Nigelle Bold Make Clay. Both gives a matte texture as finish but Vantachi is much harder to apply as it is very sticky. It will become firm after application pretty fast whereas Nigelle does not. But the good thing about Vantachi is that its gives a very pleasant fruity smell and the hold is awesomely good too.
No mane! In fact... it looks pretty good leh hahaha! Results may vary though. Disclaimer- My hair super straight... every hair stylist will complain... and alot ppl tot I rebond...

Ooo... so vantachi has like sick hold? Compare to joico leh? Since both tube
Old 17-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #4584
Master Member

No mane! In fact... it looks pretty good leh hahaha! Results may vary though. Disclaimer- My hair super straight... every hair stylist will complain... and alot ppl tot I rebond...

Ooo... so vantachi has like sick hold? Compare to joico leh? Since both tube
Haha swee lah bro.

To me, Joico and Vantachi are about the same actually. No much difference to me as the both are just very basic hair clay products. U wont go wrong with them.
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #4585

Personally I use Kent...the small round one is harder, the unisex brush is softer... unisex one for hair care, like after blow dry to eliminate frizz. It's super effective I tell you.. my bro and gf keep koping
Yeah Kent is goooooood and affordable.

I own 3, one with softer, looser bristles for general hair care, plus 2 bristle brushes (1 round, 1 flat), both having denser bristles for precision blow drying.
Old 17-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #4586
Master Member

I own 3, one with softer, looser bristles for general hair care, plus 2 bristle brushes (1 round, 1 flat), both having denser bristles for precision blow drying.
LOL! wl u say affordable when ppl worried cos 3x the price.. wrong word la! VALUE for money! i think its definitely worth more than what you pay for...
Old 17-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #4587
Arch-Supremacy Member

time for a kent brush too!
Old 17-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #4588

Yes Nigelle is by Milbon.
Wow... fantastic.. Milon IS the No.1 brand professional haircare in Japan.
Will PM you soon.

I'm still using these from Milbon.
leejhong likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #4589

Are you using this 1st round brush below which has loose ball tipped bristles and indicates on the packaging "Volumizing" or the 2nd wooden type with denser bristels.

Old 17-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #4590

There are some with Kent brushes with ball tip bristles and some without. Some have looser bristles and some very dense type.
Which type should I get for blow drying to ceate volume?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.