HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #4651
Master Member

I tried bs styling freezekeep hairspray today! My first time using hair spray but I think I agar agar got it right xD

I use with quicksand only this time. Very nice matte feel even after the spray which seemed interesting to note. As for hold... I'm liking it so far. Been two hours since application. Also it smells like ion orchard! You know that smell that comes into the mrt wherever the doors open at orchard? The fragrance that the shopping mall uses? So now my head smells like ion's basement to me lol. Ion plus cooking oil smell.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #4652
Great Supremacy Member

I can tell you the technical difference la... wax got beeswax, clay got clay, quick sand is... drum roll... sand... scroll up for secret ingredient inside quicksand

Texture wise wax is wetter aka more shine and gloss... then followed by clay and lastly quicksand lo... this is generally the case and there are definitely exceptions la... exceptions to hold and gloss, exceptions to ingredients...

I never use uevo before... but from what I hear it's more like a clay? The rest who use before correct me if my assumption is wrong
Uevo grey more like wax to me. Lol tested quicksand today. When rubbing on my hands, it turns shiny but when applied become dry. Lol interesting. Pair with a little sponge wax
Old 19-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #4653

Uevo grey more like wax to me. Lol tested quicksand today. When rubbing on my hands, it turns shiny but when applied become dry. Lol interesting. Pair with a little sponge wax
How is it? when pairing it up with sponge wax? would be good if can share, might turn up to be a good concoction
Old 19-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #4654
Great Supremacy Member

How is it? when pairing it up with sponge wax? would be good if can share, might turn up to be a good concoction
I think slikkhar tv actually mixes them up and did a quiff comb-back.
Not too bad bad i guess? lol
hoesoverbros likes this.
Old 19-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #4655
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think slikkhar tv actually mixes them up and did a quiff comb-back.
Not too bad bad i guess? lol
I got both and I always mixed them....the sponge wax hold like not enough... so I mix quicksand also...
Old 19-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4656
Master Member

ya sia! On hand like very oily right?
Old 19-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #4657
Great Supremacy Member

ya sia! On hand like very oily right?
haha yup. weird. but apply really like sand feeling.
Old 19-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #4658

Guys, Currently having back comb/side comb with osis thrill fiber gum + osis session hair spray...but I would like to get a strong wax/clay without the need for hair spray for traveling during holidays..so is redken clay/wax good for such hairstyle?...somehow osis thrill dun really have any hold power
Old 19-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #4659
Great Supremacy Member

basket. long queue there these days bro.
i hardly eat supper (bui bui mahs me, gotta lose weight & control) but one fine day gotta meet you up for supper that's for sure!!
I went yesterday. Nobody one leh. Of course don't go like 10pm+ or 11pm+ lar.
Old 19-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #4660
Great Supremacy Member

Actually those of you using Osis+ spray, how you all apply one arh? I watch those hair videos and tried to apply by spraying on brush and bua your hair, seems like it gets sprays out better then direct spraying.
Old 19-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #4661
Master Member

Guys, Currently having back comb/side comb with osis thrill fiber gum + osis session hair spray...but I would like to get a strong wax/clay without the need for hair spray for traveling during holidays..so is redken clay/wax good for such hairstyle?...somehow osis thrill dun really have any hold power
I didnt try out Redken wax or clay before but if you wanna to get a strong clay without the need for hair spray, i would personally recommend Nigelle Bold Make Clay. The hold itself is very strong and more imptly, you will just need very small volume per use to last through the day. All you need is a small and handy cosmetics case to hold about 10-20g of this and i assure that you will not fret over your hair during travel anymore.
Old 19-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #4662
Master Member

Actually those of you using Osis+ spray, how you all apply one arh? I watch those hair videos and tried to apply by spraying on brush and bua your hair, seems like it gets sprays out better then direct spraying.
First thing to do is to shake the bottle well before usage. Usually for the top part of my hair, i will spray it from a distance say 25-30cm away from my hair. This is done so when i want the spray from the nozzle to be evenly distributed across the different parts of my hair. Do not focus the spray on a particular point. The main point over here is to "spray" it.

When it comes to the fringe, it can be a bit tricky. Some people, including myself, like to direct spray it. But as a matter of fact, its relatively hard to spray the hair spray onto a particular point when one is doing it for himself. Even the hairstylist who style your hair might not be able to do this accurately. So, the question here is how can we do this. In a nutshell, the solution here is to either spray the hairspray onto your fingers and bua your hair ( such that the substance can be applied onto your hair accurately) OR spray it onto a brush and bua your hair. At the end of the day, its up to your own preference to choose what method you want to use.
netzach likes this.
Old 19-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #4663
Great Supremacy Member

First thing to do is to shake the bottle well before usage. Usually for the top part of my hair, i will spray it from a distance say 25-30cm away from my hair. This is done so when i want the spray from the nozzle to be evenly distributed across the different parts of my hair. Do not focus the spray on a particular point. The main point over here is to "spray" it.

When it comes to the fringe, it can be a bit tricky. Some people, including myself, like to direct spray it. But as a matter of fact, its relatively hard to spray the hair spray onto a particular point when one is doing it for himself. Even the hairstylist who style your hair might not be able to do this accurately. So, the question here is how can we do this. In a nutshell, the solution here is to either spray the hairspray onto your fingers and bua your hair ( such that the substance can be applied onto your hair accurately) OR spray it onto a brush and bua your hair. At the end of the day, its up to your own preference to choose what method you want to use.
25 - 30cm quite far leh. I'm short and bui until belly blocking my view towards bird bird so hands not that long. Lucky for me I don't have fringe though.
Old 19-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #4664
Banned

25 - 30cm quite far leh. I'm short and bui until belly blocking my view towards bird bird so hands not that long. Lucky for me I don't have fringe though.
Bro, one hand on bird, one hand on osis+ spray and style hair, damn enjoy one.
Old 19-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #4665
Great Supremacy Member

Bro, one hand on bird, one hand on osis+ spray and style hair, damn enjoy one.
Don't remind me. I can't even see my own bird bird.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.