HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #4711
Honorary Member

looking forward to the Quicksand.. Thanks Gaoxing!

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 22-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #4712
Master Member

Recently I gotten this:

Only at $6.95 (on promotion at NTUC)
I have fine hair and this holds up pretty well, no shine at all and strong hold.
Before this, I was using Renati matt mud, good too but needs more skills to apply and less strength.

By recommendation I also ordered the Hanz de fuko quicksand and sponge wax, haven't reach. But at 6.95, I recommend the bros here go have a try.
Compared to amazon is quite cheap.
Amazon.com: Dominate Salon Series Out Of Bed With Clay, Strong Hair Hold For A Dry Matte Grunge Look, 85g (3 oz): Beauty

Oh and it's easy to wash off too, don't need to apply shampoo first, can just use water rinse unlike gatsby wax.

Last edited by angel99999; 22-07-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 22-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #4713
Honorary Member

Nice review Gaoxing84.
gaoxing84 likes this.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 22-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #4714
Great Supremacy Member

Will be doing a review for Leejhong product soon. Just received 2 small samples from him. Awesome guy to deal with. Guys please support him for his products!
Both of this product smells really good!
Nigelle Clay
Lolane Gel Gum

Btw the Kanebo Lissage Vogne shampoo is good man. Like cream and smells really good.
My scalp doesn't itch so much only after 1 wash. Gonna order from you when your stocks arrive.
leejhong and PrimeSimplicity like this.
Old 23-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #4715
Honorary Member

i need a good shampoo. Basket.. i think my hair a bit oily recently ~ any to intro..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 23-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #4716
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys. looking to switch from gel to something different.
i have slightly wavy, moderately thick and dry hair, which is why ive been using gel to keep in in check. Trying to grow it long now.

Also, i like the fresh feeling of gel in my head when i step out of the house. My main gripe with wax/clay is that its too matte and makes me feel like ive not showered? Not sure how to put it.

Am looking for a product that can give the slight wet look of gel yet avoid the being crusty, hard or looking damn cheesy which gel does yet keeps me feeling fresh. Must also not be sticky or greasy. Cause i tend to fall asleep before washing my hair out. Hopefully this product can give me the slightly spiky and textured look. I tend to put my hair up rather than let it drape down my forehead.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by melankholy; 23-07-2013 at 04:19 AM..
Old 23-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #4717
Greater Supremacy Member

i need a good shampoo. Basket.. i think my hair a bit oily recently ~ any to intro..
if oily, the stylist will ask you to do treatment
Old 23-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #4718
Great Supremacy Member

You gotta try the kanebo lissage shampoo. Tried it ytd and it feels good!
Lol

Think I just fall in love with nigelle hair clay. Lol looking for 2 more persons to share the big tub. Lol got too much hair product at the moment already.

Will do a review soon!
Old 23-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #4719
Great Supremacy Member

hi guys. looking to switch from gel to something different.
i have slightly wavy, moderately thick and dry hair, which is why ive been using gel to keep in in check. Trying to grow it long now.

Also, i like the fresh feeling of gel in my head when i step out of the house. My main gripe with wax/clay is that its too matte and makes me feel like ive not showered? Not sure how to put it.

Am looking for a product that can give the slight wet look of gel yet avoid the being crusty, hard or looking damn cheesy which gel does yet keeps me feeling fresh. Must also not be sticky or greasy. Cause i tend to fall asleep before washing my hair out. Hopefully this product can give me the slightly spiky and textured look. I tend to put my hair up rather than let it drape down my forehead.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!
Try imperial barber classic pomade. It's water based like gel, good for thick and wavy hair as its strong enough to hold them together.
As your requirement, it doesn't harden or look cheesy, instead you will look sharper.
This product is really easy to wash.
Can read my review a few pages back.

But now the trend is on matte looking hairstyle. But slick back or side slick will always remain a classic.
Old 23-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #4720
Master Member

Will be doing a review for Leejhong product soon. Just received 2 small samples from him. Awesome guy to deal with. Guys please support him for his products!
Both of this product smells really good!
Nigelle Clay
Lolane Gel Gum

Btw the Kanebo Lissage Vogne shampoo is good man. Like cream and smells really good.
My scalp doesn't itch so much only after 1 wash. Gonna order from you when your stocks arrive.
Thanks for ur praises, bro. Yes kanebo lissage shampoo from japan is good. Its thick, creamy and its in marshmallow yellow colour. Gives you a total refreshing feel after using. Hair doesnt feel dry or oily after usage as this acidic shampoo removes the stubborn excess oils and impurities that normal shampoos cant do it, especially in such humid climate of SG
Old 23-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #4721
Master Member

Yes bro. Give kanebo lissage vogne shampoo a try. I am personally using this everyday too. Suitable for everyday use too.
Old 23-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #4722
Master Member

if oily, the stylist will ask you to do treatment
Haha by then, i think yr pocket will burn a bigger hole leh bro. Hair care is actually very important, IMO.
Old 23-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #4723
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes bro. Give kanebo lissage vogne shampoo a try. I am personally using this everyday too. Suitable for everyday use too.
bro, kanebo not listed on your website yet?
Old 23-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #4724
Master Member

bro, kanebo not listed on your website yet?
Bro, its a new product that i am personally trying out myself at this stage. Hence, it isnt listed on my website yet. I will upload a photo of it tonight to share with you guys. If you're interested to try out a bit, you can pm me!

As a matter of fact, the instock quantity for this isnt a lot so the volume available for purchase isnt much too.
Old 23-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #4725
Honorary Member

Can try try bo buttie?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.