HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #4801
Great Supremacy Member

I find spongewax kinda oily and only moderate hold. Heard better reviews about quicksand but wary after jumping directly into spongewax and finding out its not suitable for me.
yup, it's alittle oily to me. but the hold is slightly stronger than quicksand.
haha. my view.

In singapore right, the only product that can hold our hair well is gel.
the rest just doesn't work because of the humid and hot weather we have.

when we sweat and everything + the humidity, the product in our hair will start to kinda melt.
and why is sponge wax is oily is also cause of the sweat and humidity.

my friend in Australia says that his hair can last so much longer there as compare when his is back in singapore.

no choice that we are in such climate. haha.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 28-07-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Old 28-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #4802

Does anyone hairspray after using wax or clay? I've been contemplating about using less hairspray, since it seems to leave a plasticky residue, and the humidity kills the hold by 3-4 hours. Also it tends to bunch up stray hairs into weird little pockets (thus making it harder to wash out).

However hold is definately better with hairspray.

Only thing that gives all day hold is pomade, but I don't want to use pomade everyday since it cannot create a matt look.

Last edited by dj_flame; 28-07-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Old 28-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #4803
Supremacy Member

Does anyone hairspray after using wax or clay? I've been contemplating about using less hairspray, since it seems to leave a plasticky residue, and the humidity kills the hold by 3-4 hours. Also it tends to bunch up stray hairs into weird little pockets (thus making it harder to wash out).

Only thing that gives all day hold is pomade, but I don't want to use pomade everyday since it cannot create a matt look.
Its actually possible for you to contemplate the usage of a weaker-control hair spray. One that doesnt harden or freeze your hair too much. For example, VOI Hair spray from malaysia is one such product. Amazingly popular among the girls who style their hair, its also possible for guys to use this too. It doesnt freeze your hair at all and hence, the problems that you stated will not occur for you too. The only reason why i said its popular among the girls and not guys is because guys are mostly looking out for extreme strong hold which VOI does not give. Instead, it gives a very natural look with a bit of control which structures your hair texture just the way it is.

I might be wrong but pomade is definitely not the only product that gives you hold throughout the entire day. Wax or clay is definitely more capable of doing that anytime too. Question is which brand to. Nigelle bold make clay for one, is definitely capable of achieving that. Or at least for me.
Old 28-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #4804

Anyone can recommend?
Both the Avalon Organics and Giovanni tea tree does not have SLS. I have been using Giovanni tea tree for nearly 3 years. Very happy with it. Started to use Avalon hoping it can thicken and give more volume to my hair
Old 28-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #4805

I might be wrong but pomade is definitely not the only product that gives you hold throughout the entire day. Wax or clay is definitely more capable of doing that anytime too. Question is which brand to. Nigelle bold make clay for one, is definitely capable of achieving that. Or at least for me.
Thanks man.

But IMO clays/waxes that gives a great matte look, are better off with softer, less severe hairstyles that has a natural "flex". So I rather re-apply/ re-style than use products that give too much hold, creating an artificial look.

I will try using a weaker hairspray. One that I can think of is Loreal's Elnett.
Old 28-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4806
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks man.

But IMO clays/waxes that gives a great matte look, are better off with softer, less severe hairstyles that has a natural "flex". So I rather re-apply/ re-style than use products that give too much hold, creating an artificial look.

I will try using a weaker hairspray. One that I can think of is Loreal's Elnett.
yes, i agree with you. haha want the hard look, mass spam spray. lol.

but i also hardly use hair spray already. my osis+ use only long long once.
i rather re-apply alittle more product and restyle since all professional products are kinda pilable.

hairspray tends to harden too much and strands of hair tends to go fray, to me it's very ugly. haha

nowadays into justin timberlake hair. quite nice but course they have blonde hair and makes it look more textured.
Old 28-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #4807
Great Supremacy Member

i can vouch for nigelle bold make clay for its strong and matte look. but given its properties as a clay, eventually it will tend to give way when there's wind or after a long day of sweat and humidity.
that's when pilability comes into play.

but with pomade, i tried it with a comb to create a sharp side comb, can last me entire day, even after a evening running session, my hair still stays on. haha. but of course too much pomade isn't good even though it's water based.

everyday i use different product on my hair. Hope my hair and scalp don't get screwed up.

another tub of quicksand coming but luckily my scheme cream is finishing lol
Old 28-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #4808
Master Member

Hmm? I prefer the feel after using my hairspray! Not plastic or sticky. Very nice hard set matte feel. Like some powder. Doesn't really bunch up hair unless I spray at the same spot for quite long.

Change your hairspray? For wad u use when the hold last 4 hours? Doesn't wax last about that long also? Or you mean extends the hold by 4hrs?
Old 28-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #4809
Master Member

i can vouch for nigelle bold make clay for its strong and matte look. but given its properties as a clay, eventually it will tend to give way when there's wind or after a long day of sweat and humidity.
that's when pilability comes into play.

but with pomade, i tried it with a comb to create a sharp side comb, can last me entire day, even after a evening running session, my hair still stays on. haha. but of course too much pomade isn't good even though it's water based.

everyday i use different product on my hair. Hope my hair and scalp don't get screwed up.

another tub of quicksand coming but luckily my scheme cream is finishing lol
hahaha everyday different good what! The irritants get swapped around so they aren't there for too long to cause irritation
Old 28-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #4810

yup, it's alittle oily to me. but the hold is slightly stronger than quicksand.
haha. my view.

In singapore right, the only product that can hold our hair well is gel.
the rest just doesn't work because of the humid and hot weather we have.

when we sweat and everything + the humidity, the product in our hair will start to kinda melt.
and why is sponge wax is oily is also cause of the sweat and humidity.

my friend in Australia says that his hair can last so much longer there as compare when his is back in singapore.

no choice that we are in such climate. haha.
Thanks for comparing both spongewax and quicksand for me.

Here is the amount of spongewax i used.

And here is the finished state.

Feeling bored on a lazy sunday afternoon.
Old 28-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #4811

Just for some people to take note before ordering quicksand. Even though David Beckham does use it to achieve the hairstyle but that doesnt mean you can get the same end product. Different people have different hair texture, so please do take note of that before placing the order >.>
Old 28-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #4812
Master Member

Just for some people to take note before ordering quicksand. Even though David Beckham does use it to achieve the hairstyle but that doesnt mean you can get the same end product. Different people have different hair texture, so please do take note of that before placing the order >.>
Hahaha got ppl complain ar?
Old 28-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #4813
Master Member

Thanks for comparing both spongewax and quicksand for me.

Here is the amount of spongewax i used.

And here is the finished state.

Feeling bored on a lazy sunday afternoon.
Rocking a nice blonde!! Thumbs up
Old 28-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #4814
Supremacy Member

Both the Avalon Organics and Giovanni tea tree does not have SLS. I have been using Giovanni tea tree for nearly 3 years. Very happy with it. Started to use Avalon hoping it can thicken and give more volume to my hair
Thanks for the info.
Old 28-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #4815

Hahaha got ppl complain ar?
Yea! a minor portion of ppl email me and ask why the result is different =x i mean we all know david beckham got professional hair stylist so, needless to say.... >.>
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.