Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #4921
Great Supremacy Member

Use both later become pong tao!
i use both. haha
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #4922

hello all,

am new to this thread. does anyone have good recommendations for pomade that is good to use in our weather? tried a few but sadly, our humid weather just melts everything and hair becomes flat very fast. alternatively does anyone have solutions to this problem?

well i was also thinking of just styling my hair normally but i only know of gatsby and i used this:

the hold is great, but i hate it that i can't wash it off easily. does anyone have similar products to recommend? good/ seriously strong hold that can tahan the weather and easy to wash off?

thanks for reading guys, appreciate it!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #4923
Master Member

hello all,

am new to this thread. does anyone have good recommendations for pomade that is good to use in our weather? tried a few but sadly, our humid weather just melts everything and hair becomes flat very fast. alternatively does anyone have solutions to this problem?

well i was also thinking of just styling my hair normally but i only know of gatsby and i used this:

the hold is great, but i hate it that i can't wash it off easily. does anyone have similar products to recommend? good/ seriously strong hold that can tahan the weather and easy to wash off?

thanks for reading guys, appreciate it!
Saltwater spray will solve your problem of flat hair. It helps to create instant hair volume with just few pumps. U can read back the pages in this thread to find out more.

With regard to your second question, basically any non gatsby brands will be able to be washed off easily. Extreme strong hold i will recommend syoss ture wax or nigelle bold make clay. Similarly, you can spend some time reading previous pages of this thread. There are also a lot of other products such as quicksand or spongewax to consider from too.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #4924
Great Supremacy Member

just to share. haha my quicksand arrived. can see i am a fan of Hanz de Fuko. lol the rest are samples.
the redken one quite good for longer hair. lol
OS Fashion Sea Salt Spray
Osis+ 3 Freeze hairspray
HdF Scheme Cream, spongewax, quicksand
Redken dishevel fiber cream
Sebastian crafting clay
The rest are samples. Imperal pomade, matte pomade, lolane hair gel and nigelle molding clay!
Beta_Tester and leejhong like this.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 01-08-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #4925
Master Member

Just used the Hanz De Fuko Sponge Wax.
Just wanna give a couple pointers and compare to quicksand.

I find that sponge wax hold isn't that great, used by itself it does hold hair till the
end of the day but the hold becomes softer and softer, pretty similar to my renati soft hold mud wax. There's a bit of shine as well, overall I wouldn't say it has that much a matt look when used by itself. Also I need to use more than quicksand for the same holding str.

Still prefer quicksand, then cocktail with either sponge wax or other shiny wax, gets both hold and looks.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #4926

hey guys. quick qn. am trying to get this hairstyle but cant seem to style it right.

Youtube Vid

i assume this is a combback. but anyways, my sides are not 'shaved' like his. reason being my hairstylist refuses to shave or cut my sides and sideburns real short like in the video as he says it'll make my face look longer. coz of this, it's kinda impossible to do a combback for me as the hair on my sides just pops out and it just becomes a sidecomb rather any workaround to this or should i just force my hairstylist to cut my sides?

also, there are always strands sticking out here and there which kinda kills the slick look. the ends of my hair are sort of frizzy too. what's the cause of this?

thxx!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #4927
Master Member

i use both. haha
Same here!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #4928
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys. quick qn. am trying to get this hairstyle but cant seem to style it right.

Youtube Vid

i assume this is a combback. but anyways, my sides are not 'shaved' like his. reason being my hairstylist refuses to shave or cut my sides and sideburns real short like in the video as he says it'll make my face look longer. coz of this, it's kinda impossible to do a combback for me as the hair on my sides just pops out and it just becomes a sidecomb rather any workaround to this or should i just force my hairstylist to cut my sides?

also, there are always strands sticking out here and there which kinda kills the slick look. the ends of my hair are sort of frizzy too. what's the cause of this?

thxx!!
seems like the video that guy's sides are not shaved...just abit shorter than usual but his hair doesn't stick outwards...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #4929
Supremacy Member

Thanks gaoxing84 kor kor for helping to order the quicksand....

Will post review of combo of quicksand and seasalt spray tml...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #4930

Just used the Hanz De Fuko Sponge Wax.
Just wanna give a couple pointers and compare to quicksand.

I find that sponge wax hold isn't that great, used by itself it does hold hair till the
end of the day but the hold becomes softer and softer, pretty similar to my renati soft hold mud wax. There's a bit of shine as well, overall I wouldn't say it has that much a matt look when used by itself. Also I need to use more than quicksand for the same holding str.

Still prefer quicksand, then cocktail with either sponge wax or other shiny wax, gets both hold and looks.

Sponge wax indeed does not give too much hold. But styling/sculpting wise, sponge wax is much more easier then quick sand. Personal preference though
Old 01-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #4931
Great Supremacy Member

Sponge wax indeed does not give too much hold. But styling/sculpting wise, sponge wax is much more easier then quick sand. Personal preference though
hmm, actually hold wise, in non-humid countries, it will be better than quicksand. haha singapore ah. too bad.
Quicksand works in a dry way therefore it seems like it can have a better hold and work against humidity.

in singapore, sponge wax will work well for out-of-bed look, where fringes are left down.
But i prefer the best of both world, mixture of both. haha

Thanks gaoxing84 kor kor for helping to order the quicksand....

Will post review of combo of quicksand and seasalt spray tml...
confirm ho seh one. haha. sure poof! pong liao the hair.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #4932
Master Member

seems like the video that guy's sides are not shaved...just abit shorter than usual but his hair doesn't stick outwards...
yea... not even undercut/shaved lor....
Its a hairstyled designed for angmoh hair textures anyway... cannot really duplicate exact so easily mah...

u said your hair is frizzy at the ends? as in split ends? u use iron is it?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #4933
Great Supremacy Member

Youtube Vid

thxx!!
first thing first, ang moh hair, very soft, thick and textured. just look at the hair, you see already wanna touch it.

Their hair has a little natural curl which works well for natural looking comb back. his hair is quite long too.
Their sides right, very different from most of us asians. Their sides tends to "stick" to their side of their head. Asians sides tend to stick out like little strands.

to achieve this look, you gotta shave your sides or rather cut it really short. depending on how fast your hair grows, you will need to keep trimming the sides once it starts to grow outwards.

for me, i also have alot of fine strands of frizzy hair so when i do such style, from far cannot see the fine frizzy hair. can only spot when up close. seems like there's no workaround for me. haha it's properties of us asians. unless you can grow it out long and using the weight of the strands to push it back behind.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 02-08-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #4934
Master Member

first thing first, ang moh hair, very soft, thick and textured. just look at the hair, you see already wanna touch it.

Their hair has a little natural curl which works well for natural looking comb back. his hair is quite long too.
Their sides right, very different from most of us asians. Their sides tends to "stick" to their side of their head. Asians sides tend to stick out like little strands.

to achieve this look, you gotta shave your sides or rather cut it really short. depending on how fast your hair grows, you will need to keep trimming the sides once it starts to grow outwards.

for me, i also have alot of find strands of frizzy hair so when i do such style, from far cannot see the fine frizzy hair. can only spot when up close. seems like there's no workaround for me. haha it's properties of us asians. unless you can grow it out long and using the weight of the strands to push it back behind.
you know... im thinking maybe a pomade or gel could work.... of cos wetlook la...but thats how the hk and sg artistes copy that backcomb right?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #4935
Great Supremacy Member

you know... im thinking maybe a pomade or gel could work.... of cos wetlook la...but thats how the hk and sg artistes copy that backcomb right?
yup. pomade will look good. but sometimes will go abit flat. haha
classic though
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.