The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #5011
Master Member

Swee!

Meanwhile, still got few hdF pomade and sponge left here and there
O.o that whole box in that photo you posted is gone? So fast sia! (y)
Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #5012

Swee!

Meanwhile, still got few hdF pomade and sponge left here and there
when is quick sand coming in again?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #5013

O.o that whole box in that photo you posted is gone? So fast sia! (y)
Yea man! ppl snapped the pre order promotion way before the stuff reach SG. But cant deny quicksand and sponge wax are really good comparing you pay that amount of $ for some of those salon intro kind of wax. We try to make the wax affordable so everyone can use it
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #5014
Supremacy Member

Hey guys how's the hold for the nigelle for you guys? With quicksand as benchmark since like everyone here has it lol

I see few people say nigelle is strong hold for them but I use le it's like pretty weak. I put the amount I use for my other wax it becomes gel like on my hair and hands. Which is really weird. How do you guys use this product? My normal amount already very little. Then I try put less, just dip my finger into the soft cream and then spread on palms. The sticky plastic feel lessen(still distinctly there), but then the hold drop alot also... for me it's like suitable for those office hairstyle, the hold like similar to os sea spray... it's there doing it's job, but barely. Like a good pair of contacts, out of sight out of mind. Is this how it is for you guys? I think for now it's suitable for when I'm like going give tuition or going friend house liddat... to perhaps tame bed head or something...
I dun really understand how it feels like gel to you. Nigelle is more of creamy paste while gel is like clear and watery instead. One point to note is that Nigelle does not harden or make your hair too firm after application which is how you can restyle your hair flexibly and freely. The texture and hold that nigelle gives is distinctly different from typical clays. It can be used to create tousled or layered hair texture easily with very good holding power.

To add on, if you're looking at strong hold as hardening, then nigelle really does not suit your definition. The context of holding power here does not refer to hardening. If you want to better hold or fix your hair shape in place, hair spray will be the tool for you to do so. Hair clay is primarily used to create your desired hair texture (be it for backcomb/spiked/fringe down) and provide adequate support to hold it there till it is supplemented by the use of hair spray.

To just dip your finger into the clay and take it out is actually very little, to be frank. Comparing it to other products that you used, nigelle does give good holding power but you got to be fair to it too. As for the sticky plastic feeling, its probably a subjective question to be answered anyway. Sometimes, you do realize that your hair hardens after application of some wax or clay but nigelle does not. If you're a fan of those wax/clay that hardens right after application then it explains why you're having problem with this product.

EDIT: Perhaps you can give this method a try. Use an amount of approximately 5cents size then rub gently onto your palms and fingers. Style as if you're towel-drying your hair. Crunch your hair to create the layered or tousled texture according to your preference. Twist or punch the hair ends if need to. Then end it off with a hair spray. It should work just fine for you.

Last edited by leejhong; 04-08-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #5015
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you guys are heading to BKK should look out for this wax called Syoss
One of the better wax I have used.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #5016
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you guys are heading to BKK should look out for this wax called Syoss
One of the better wax I have used.
Really good? normal shops there can buy or need to go specific shop to buy??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #5017
Great Supremacy Member

Yea man! ppl snapped the pre order promotion way before the stuff reach SG. But cant deny quicksand and sponge wax are really good comparing you pay that amount of $ for some of those salon intro kind of wax. We try to make the wax affordable so everyone can use it
Haha have this kinda of promo more often,i sure support. Haha
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #5018
Banned

Just a sneak preview of the new seasalt spray that i will be bringing in. Eco Sea Salt Spray from US.

I WANT THIST!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #5019
Master Member

Anymore quicksand MO? Please count me in!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #5020
Supremacy Member

I WANT THIST!!!

Lol bro, your posts always very graphical leh.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #5021

Isn't the same company that makes SYOSS tu-re hard?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #5022
Honorary Member

u guys should post video how to use the product!

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #5023
Banned

Lol bro, your posts always very graphical leh.
Trying to act cute mahs me.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #5024

Hi all,

Not sure if i asked this already. You guys have been recommending quite a few good shampoo. I think I will go hunt for Geovanni gold wheat or something, while waiting for junhong bro's stocks for kanebo to come. Just a question, after using these shampoo, do you all still go for hair treatment in salon? Hairstylists at Kobayashi recommended i go for one, cos i got oily scalp. But not sure if constant shampooing will solve the problem or we still need to go for treatment, which is not cheap?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #5025
Master Member

Hi all,

Not sure if i asked this already. You guys have been recommending quite a few good shampoo. I think I will go hunt for Geovanni gold wheat or something, while waiting for junhong bro's stocks for kanebo to come. Just a question, after using these shampoo, do you all still go for hair treatment in salon? Hairstylists at Kobayashi recommended i go for one, cos i got oily scalp. But not sure if constant shampooing will solve the problem or we still need to go for treatment, which is not cheap?
hmm? if its a chronic condition, means 1 treatment would never be enough.... so.........
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.