The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MORNIN~ lol

bad hair day again?:s22:
Haha kinda. Haha blow alr swee swee. I think a bit too much spongewax and a bit too much gold digger. Haha I tell ppl use abit all the time and I stupidly go use so much.

And spongewax if use too much and layer with gold digger tends to be heavy. So best is like really 1:2 spongewax and gold digger. But the total use must be damn little unless you have like a mane of hair.

Slikhaar they jitao dig one dollop of it and they can. Damn ang mohs! Hair so thick for what. Haha

Later have to go office toilet touch up. Haha

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prefer something rock hard but still matte! Like reeeeaaaally hard iykwim.jpg

I using Head Colour Super Hard Spray now. Its meant to harden the second it got onto your hair and yes, its legit to make that statement and its how it works exactly. Next time got chance, let u have a try too.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keynote.png

KEYNOTE FTW. There is not a single presentation that i can go through without using keynote nowadays. If boss asked me use PPT, jiat lat liao. :eek:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using Head Colour Super Hard Spray now. Its meant to harden the second it got onto your hair and yes, its legit to make that statement and its how it works exactly. Next time got chance, let u have a try too.
Haha this kind harden one. Me no like hahaha.. if want harden I will use the lolane fiber gel.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just met whatme! nice dude to chat with. tall and yandao! like JH! bro go try lacoco la! haha

met another good looking dude! but never ask what's his nick! should be a reader more than a poster! haha

I hope everyone likes what i mass order! GOLD DIGGER! yay!

Bro Gaoxing is the real fit and yandao same as bro jh!! Super envious their hair so nice!

Not like me. Big forehead! Yet fat and lam nua! Hahaha

Thanks for the advise. Will heed and try tomorrow

Just want thanks both of the big brother here ( leejhong and gaoxing) for helping me to get such good hair products and allowing us to appreciate it!

Will try the salons you mentioned soon!

You guys always very humble leh. LOL i believe all of the guys here that are concerned with their hair are already looking good! Confidence is beauty. Style is good and right and walk with wind. :D

No worries at all, bro! Hope they really help you out! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, I want to share a story about our JH bro.

He received a order from a lady and only to find out that she is going to use his hair products for her wedding.

Know what JH did?! he told his mum regarding his customer wedding and both of them specifically did a special packaging with ribbons and special decoration for the lady customer!

He told me that his customer is really really happy to see the nice packaging, after which, he feel happy as well when he saw his customer is happy!

That's real customer service right there! haha

THUMBS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP for our in-house dior model JH!

Woah bro. Thanks for helping me share but its just a minor act that i can do and yet, impactful and meaningful i feel. Hope i did not offend any of the bros out there and as usual, do let me know what areas to improve on if i did not do it right! Cheers. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One last thing for me is the Kanebo shampoo to go into my collection also. Lacking of this one more item!

But by the time I got it, I think we will have new poison. Haha

Thanks for joining the pre-order for Kanebo shampoo too bro! And yes, i believe there will be new poison every now and then. The world is ever changing. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some feedback for anybody eyeing the Kanebo Shampoo, OS Sea Spray, and Nigelle Bold Clay. I've used the mentioned products for about a week so far!

Kanebo shampoo - Excellent! The smell is luxurious and it really left my hair feeling softer. Pretty efficient at washing off my hair wax/clay/pomade at the end of the day. Does not leave any weird tacky feeling on the hair (unlike Phyto Shampoo :s27:). And the smell.... the smell!!!! Crazy good! :love:

OS Sea Spray - Never heard of such a hair product till JH introduced it to me. Was initially sceptical about how the hold/volume aspect would benefit me, but JH assured me it would work for my hair type (thick, frizzy, and a little bit curly). I used it in conjunction with a hair dryer and was crazy impressed with the shaping capability of the sea spray. It made applying wax/clay after a lot less random, because the base structure of the hair was more or less set! Smells pleasant as well :)

Nigelle Bold Clay - You can tell this is a really high quality clay when you're applying it. I've gone through quite a few hair waxes/clays and none applied the way this clay did. A creamy texture with a light scent to it. Dries totally Matte; no joke! The hold on its own probably a 6/10 in terms of strength, but after adding in the OS sea spray to the routine, the hold becomes more like a 8/10. Special highlight for me would be the product allows hair to still be fairly pliable (especially if you add a bit of water again during the day and adjust). Washes out really easily =)

I usually add a bit of water to help in shaping the Nigelle clay. Unfortunately, I find it can get a bit "crispy" upon drying =/ Not sure if it's due to the addition of the Sea salt spray, or maybe my technique isn't right? I'll try it a few more times.

Looking for that ideal wax/clay that has a matte or even semi matte texture and doesn't dry crispy, along with a strong hold. Must wash out easily too! The search goes on!

Also, gotta give props to JH for his quality service and sincerity. You can tell he really cares about the products he's selling and who he is selling it to. Not to mention the fact that he is willing to take the time to answer all kinds of questions and share knowledge is outstanding!

Thanks JH! 2 Thumbs up for you =)

This is one of the better reviews that i received and the way that its written is multi faceted approach. Covers several aspects over here with objective views which includes:

#1: Holding strength/control
#2: The product smell
#3: Product washability
#4: Complementary use of products
#5: Personal styling tips to enhance effectiveness

I pretty much agree with what you said but just to add on my 2cents worth of opinions.

First Point: Nigelle clay is not the typical dry and hard clay that we are using. It can be even softer than the normal wax that we are using. Even till now, i have no full comprehension how can it be used and utilised for various settings. With regard to the holding strength of Nigelle Bold Make Clay, the quantifiable part (6/10) is pretty much a subjective viewpoint which differs for everyone. Hair texture and hair thickness or even how you apply it makes a difference over here. I would say that it comes with strong holding strength but its lightweight. On a similar benchmark to gold digger, its stronger than Nigelle Clay but heavy. So, if you just apply gold digger and head out, i believe it had been mentioned previously already, your hair might still be subjected to flopping. Hence, the crux over here is not to emphasize on which product gives better hold because at the end of the day, it wholly depends on how you use this product to bring out its usefulness for you.

Second Point: The usage of seasalt spray with Nigelle Clay works good and even seasalt spray with gold digger works good too. Seasalt spray provides and creates a matte structure for you. It helps to bunch up the hair which allows ease of subsequent application of wax/clay thereafter. I am guessing the reason why nick bro (decafie) is having crispy hair is because seasalt spray is being used too much. The main selling point of nigelle clay is that it doesn't harden or firm TOO MUCH after application. It gives high level of pliability and flexibility in restyling anytime throughout the day and it ought to be mentioned that in this context, hardening of hair does not and will not correlate to holding control and strength. If one refers hardening to goodness of control, then i will recommend Gatsby Pink or gel.

Once again, i hope my 2cents worth of opinions helps. Thanks to all who contributed their opinions towards Nigelle Clay too!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bold make clay is strong but light weight. But gold digger I think is stronger but heavier. That's why gold digger use abit enough. I tend to use more bold make clay.

And today I use too much gold digger. Lol:s22:

You never fail to amaze me with your knowledge of products with your posts. Thumbs up!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Made in Japan. Head Color Super Hold Hair Spray is a styling spray that creates voluminous, full-bodied looks that last from day to night. Extra firm hold protects your style from wind and humidity, and provides long-lasting hold while adding body. Lock in your style with Head Color.

eh u bojio sia!! :s13::s13:
seems like the hold is stronger than q8 spray :eek:
whatsapp me the price to expect!! i KIV~!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, the nigelle clay holding strength only 6/10? is it very big difference from gold digger?

any idea where to go chill/shang yue tomorrow night? chilling out at a beer place with a buddy but dont mind alternative suggestions

Bro, with reference to my posts made earlier, i hope i addressed your concerns well enough. With your hairstyle being classified as the kind of natural and neat look, both will do good for you.

IMO, if you just wan to use products independently, there is limited effectiveness on this approach. Holistically, the idea is to use products dependently and make use of their various selling points to complement their strengths and overcome their corresponding weaknesses. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Made in Japan. Head Color Super Hold Hair Spray is a styling spray that creates voluminous, full-bodied looks that last from day to night. Extra firm hold protects your style from wind and humidity, and provides long-lasting hold while adding body. Lock in your style with Head Color.

eh u bojio sia!! :s13::s13:
seems like the hold is stronger than q8 spray :eek:
whatsapp me the price to expect!! i KIV~!

Haha as always, i am testing out the quality of this hair spray. I am currently testing out 3 hair sprays which i have already eliminated one of them that turns out to be very sticky, wet and comes with a very foul smell.

Another bonus for Head Colour Super Hold Hair Spray is that the size itself is perfect for travel purposes. Will contemplate the possibility of bringing in next time. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
The main selling point of nigelle clay is that it doesn't harden or firm TOO MUCH after application. It gives high level of pliability and flexibility in restyling anytime throughout the day and it ought to be mentioned that in this context, hardening of hair does not and will not correlate to holding control and strength. If one refers hardening to goodness of control, then i will recommend Gatsby Pink or gel.

i feel that holding strength should be a universal quantifier, and that we should always describe smth like nigelle bold make clay as "strong for its class" or something along those lines. in this manner, perhaps its max WILL be a 6/10 on the universal scale, but its already a 9/10 on its class's scale.(sorry la not 10/10, i still feel that vantachi's clay trumps this in terms of strength. but of cos, its definitely harder to apply vantachi. probably at least 3 times the effort.[nigelle is SUUUUUUUUPER easy to get into hair, if i ignore the way it dries up on my hands faster than i can close its lid]) We shouldn't have double standards for the single word "strength". like gold digger is probably a 9/10. 10/10 will be the reserved ground for crystal hard stuff. even gels might not be close, most gels that i used before last time i think still fall within 9/10. maybe redken's gelwax got a 10/10. (see the video for how hardcore this gel was REDKEN Urban Experiment: Enamel Gel - YouTube )

however, with respect to the words in bold, hardening will definitely have some positive correlation with hold, although there are exceptions. it is this exceptions that most of us here seek, but we shouldnt toss away the majority.

once again, jh bro is very right in highlighting that the number system of grading x/10 is super subjective. i mean, touch ur heart la, how many of you actually bother to use a standard amount to style a standard shape (like a full blown fauxhawk) and then wait for reaction? maybe we should like enforce smth whereby whenever we have a number grade we have a footnote having number grades for a few other products that we used before so that readers can have a nice gauge.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel that holding strength should be a universal quantifier, and that we should always describe smth like nigelle bold make clay as "strong for its class" or something along those lines. in this manner, perhaps its max WILL be a 6/10 on the universal scale, but its already a 9/10 on its class's scale.(sorry la not 10/10, i still feel that vantachi's clay trumps this in terms of strength. but of cos, its definitely harder to apply vantachi. probably at least 3 times the effort.[nigelle is SUUUUUUUUPER easy to get into hair, if i ignore the way it dries up on my hands faster than i can close its lid]) We shouldn't have double standards for the single word "strength". like gold digger is probably a 9/10. 10/10 will be the reserved ground for crystal hard stuff. even gels might not be close, most gels that i used before last time i think still fall within 9/10. maybe redken's gelwax got a 10/10. (see the video for how hardcore this gel was REDKEN Urban Experiment: Enamel Gel - YouTube )

however, with respect to the words in bold, hardening will definitely have some positive correlation with hold, although there are exceptions. it is this exceptions that most of us here seek, but we shouldnt toss away the majority.

once again, jh bro is very right in highlighting that the number system of grading x/10 is super subjective. i mean, touch ur heart la, how many of you actually bother to use a standard amount to style a standard shape (like a full blown fauxhawk) and then wait for reaction? maybe we should like enforce smth whereby whenever we have a number grade we have a footnote having number grades for a few other products that we used before so that readers can have a nice gauge.

actually right, the grading of product is done by the company. They can put 10/10 for all we know. We can only find out if we buy and try it out.

I also think there's no 10/10 product. probably a 9/10 (Gold Digge, i hope for most of you guys who used and Lolane Gel Gum for my case).
It's very subjective to individual on the grading. Some product might suit your hair and some might not. Those suit, of course you will give a awesome grade and those that doesn't suit, will give a bad grading.
I still think it's good to find the perfect concoction or product that suit yourself and that i will call your own personalize product.

Reviews that are done by me are in general terms, with comparison to different, products and i feel that my hair is almost the same as everyone here. Flat and stubborn as all asian hair are. haha. I hope all the reviews including my own has helped people reading this thread to get the product they need.

As for hardening, GEL is king for that but eventually, it will melt because its water based and the humidity here kills it. when it hardens, it becomes crispy and because of the weight, will tend to flop.

alot of different factors one. haha biggest one being the damn weather we have here.

if we are living in countries with 4 season! i don't think anyone of us here will have a bad hair day. hahaha

BTW CLOSING WALL OF TEXT!
SEA SALT SPRAY, GOLD DIGGER, POWERPOINT HAIR SPRAY FTW~~~~~~~~~~:s22::s22::s22::s13::s13::s12::s12:

BTW the enamel gel is wtf la. the girl got a mohawk! hahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.