HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #5191

seems like the bros here are strongly recommending quicksand as ideal for quiff? how does it fare for other hairstyles?

Last edited by Ap3s; 10-08-2013 at 02:09 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #5192
Master Member

to side track abit. I was told we should be using wax that has no silicon in it. It will be better for the hair in the long term. Anyone has used any wax that does not have silicon content?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #5193
Supremacy Member

wax and spray will make the hair hard/stiff though

anyone knows of any wax that can keep the shape for (medium-long) without the hardness?
Typical hair styling products will tend to harden itself relatively fast upon application. Some might favour this yet some might not. However, it will be hard to portray a natural look if it hardens though.

You might be interested to read the review on Nigelle Bold Make Clay by gaoxing a few posts back. Its not wax but clay. However, it will not, in any way, harden or make your hair firm as it allows restyling flexibly and freely throughout the day. Works good for medium hair length as well. Very expensive but yet a rather special and interesting hair product to explore into.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #5194

seems like the bros here are strongly recommending quicksand as ideal for quiff? how does it fare for other hairstyles?
So far, i have tried using quicksand for sidecomb slick back, it works fine and i have friend with short hair and they tried it, the result is still same old good. And i have pasted a video below of a pompadour when mixed with pomade so pretty much, it cover most of the hairstyle. But still different people have different preference bro =)
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #5195
Supremacy Member

hi guys, does quicksand actually add volume? is it as good as powder product? that's what they claim in their website, that it's like volumising powder but in creme form
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #5196

hi guys, does quicksand actually add volume? is it as good as powder product? that's what they claim in their website, that it's like volumising powder but in creme form
Yes it helps to add volume. If you read some comments from other bros here, they mentioned that it is easier to wash off than powder but powder has stronger hold
Old 10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #5197
Supremacy Member

Alternatively, you can also consider seasalt spray to create volume for one too.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #5198
Great Supremacy Member

Alternatively, you can also consider seasalt spray to create volume for one too.
I sian sia. That time let my girlfriend try the sea salt spray and now she likes it. Her hair already so thick liao still wanna use.

Bro.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #5199
Supremacy Member

I sian sia. That time let my girlfriend try the sea salt spray and now she likes it. Her hair already so thick liao still wanna use.

Bro.
LOL she used it to create volume too? No need sianz lah. One bottle can last quite long too.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #5200
Great Supremacy Member

It contains sea salt as well that's why can create volume.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #5201
Master Member

It contains sea salt as well that's why can create volume.
no it doesnt *stare*
it contains the extremely hard silicon remains of microscopic diatoms. anyway these and seasaltsprays and powders all work the same way, by increasing friction. try it!(or should i say, try them!) you wont regret

edit: when i mentioned powders i was referring to the q8 one as basis of my generalization. it appears that the osis version has some kind of wax inside that bonds hair also. thats why its stronger and harder to wash out.

Last edited by deaththeorist; 10-08-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #5202
Great Supremacy Member

no it doesnt *stare*
it contains the extremely hard silicon remains of microscopic diatoms. anyway these and seasaltsprays and powders all work the same way, by increasing friction. try it!(or should i say, try them!) you wont regret

edit: when i mentioned powders i was referring to the q8 one as basis of my generalization. it appears that the osis version has some kind of wax inside that bonds hair also. thats why its stronger and harder to wash out.
Oops. My bad. Lol. Sorry I forget we have a scientist here. Haha. Just kidding. Haha

Btw just got my hair cut. I think purple got better skills. Haha
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #5203
Honorary Member

have u allow ur hair to dry naturally after spraying the sea salt spray? without blow drying or even apply on dry hair?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #5204
Master Member

have u allow ur hair to dry naturally after spraying the sea salt spray? without blow drying or even apply on dry hair?
I have. I prefer that way actually.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #5205

is it overkill to apply seasalt spray before drying, then for styling I use Quicksand? Or is either one sufficient?

I use straightener to add abit of curl, and I find that if I use Quicksand before drying, even though it adds volume the hair gets too dry for straightener (feels like a tug-of-war lol)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.