HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #5356
Master Member

thanks LJ for the wonderful insight, i am pretty noob in styling hair btw.

Joico clay is kinda rough in texture, should i add abit of water to make it easier to style my hair? Are there better alternatives out there to replace this clay i am using?
No problem at all man.

Clay typically is harder to apply than wax, or at least for me. Like mentioned by gaoxing, you can give either nigelle clay (very expensive, i know but very easy to apply) or hdf quicksand from mensbazaar. Alternatively, 90degrees wax is also easy to apply and works very well with seasalt spray. Being an organic wax, it is less damaging to one's hair and gives decent and reasonable hold.

Adding a bit of water while styling with clay will indeed give a bit of shine and weight. I wouldnt do so if i were u. Fundamentally breaking the entire purpose of using clay in the first place as its supposed to give a matte texture finish.
Old 19-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #5357
Great Supremacy Member

No problem at all man.

Clay typically is harder to apply than wax, or at least for me. Like mentioned by gaoxing, you can give either nigelle clay (very expensive, i know but very easy to apply) or hdf quicksand from mensbazaar. Alternatively, 90degrees wax is also easy to apply and works very well with seasalt spray. Being an organic wax, it is less damaging to one's hair and gives decent and reasonable hold.

Adding a bit of water while styling with clay will indeed give a bit of shine and weight. I wouldnt do so if i were u. Fundamentally breaking the entire purpose of using clay in the first place as its supposed to give a matte texture finish.
Yes and clay is meant to be use dry. Most styling product even water based pomade works well on dry hair.
Old 19-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #5358
Master Member

Just my 2 cents,

I actually use the Sea Salt spray on dry hair.
I tried lots of times use on wet hair then blow but still flat like nothing applied, just can only feel some texture of the product.

It's pretty good because it's cheap and quicksand wise don't need apply as much.

I guess it work differently for different hair, choose whichever gives best results.
Old 19-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #5359
Master Member

Just my 2 cents,

I tried lots of times use on wet hair then blow but still flat like nothing applied, just can only feel some texture of the product.

It's pretty good because it's cheap and quicksand wise don't need apply as much.

I guess it work differently for different hair, choose whichever gives best results.
Got to agree with you on this bro. Even though i feel best results are better seen when one uses seasalt spray on damp hair, this doesnt mean that this is the best way for everyone else. And hence, like what angel stated, choose whichever method that gives you the best results.
Old 19-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #5360
Supremacy Member

No problem at all man.

Thanks to LJ and gaoxing for the advise!

May I know who can i get HDF quicksand from?
Old 19-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #5361
Supremacy Member

sorry, any recommended hair dryer i can get? hot/cold settings
Old 19-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #5362
Master Member

Thanks to LJ and gaoxing for the advise!

May I know who can i get HDF quicksand from?
You can get from Mensbazaar.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #5363
Supremacy Member

anyone knw where can I buy Sea Salt spray? Interested to buy and try.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #5364
Master Member

anyone knw where can I buy Sea Salt spray? Interested to buy and try.
Just pm-ed you!
Old 19-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #5365
Great Supremacy Member

Just my 2 cents,

hmm.. actually sea salt spray works really great and you shouldn't have flat hair.

after using sea salt spray on my wet hair, i blow try, can blow into quiff. it's the method of blow drying.

my hair is super flat when i dry my hair normally. so i think it can work pretty well when you learn how to blow dry properly.

just look and learn how your hair stylist blow dry your hair or go youtube and learn from tutorials.

why not try something like this.

blow dry your hair without the spray.
80% dry, spray 5-6 times around your hair, using hands to spread the product evenly.
blow dry again till 100% dry.

see if it works for you.

sorry, any recommended hair dryer i can get? hot/cold settings
Try babyliss on beautybay?

or go to best denki/courts and get any philips or panasonic hair dryer rated 1600w above with temp control.

BTW! By Vilian God Digger is full house! let's go!

Last edited by gaoxing84; 19-08-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old 19-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #5366

Hello ppl! Im here to break some bad news. Apologies for those people who pre-order the quicksand from me. There will be some delay due to the fk up manufacturing side not the shipping. We will be sending out email to each and every one of you by tonight with a small token of compensation as we fail to meet our promise. We got more then 70+ orders, so please do give us some time. We seek your understanding in this issue. Anything you guys can contact me via this pm or drop me a email. We apologise once again.

Meanwhile, we will extend the pre-order promo as of now. But please do note order sent after 8pm will not be issued the token of compensation. Thanks!
Old 19-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #5367
AT - DP Pilot

GPGT - this kind of hairstyle call what? got photo sample?

this kind of hairstyle, like mushroom head, but insides shaved.

n short at the back too.

call what huh? how to tell stylist to cut?

I cant find photo sample of guy hair.

photo here

nice or not? suitable for guy? how bout girl? too short for girl?
i will wife this girl immediately .
Old 19-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #5368
AT - DP Pilot

hair at the moment .

i wanna do something like kurt but i just redyed my hair and dont wanna abuse it again . thinking of cutting my back shorter .

http://assets.rollingstone.com/asset...urt-cobain.jpg

Old 19-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #5369
Master Member

hair at the moment .

i wanna do something like kurt but i just redyed my hair and dont wanna abuse it again . thinking of cutting my back shorter .

http://assets.rollingstone.com/asset...urt-cobain.jpg

I feel that if you're going for such hairstyle, you should go for wilder colours. It will then bring out a different side of you. #JustSaying
Old 19-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #5370
Great Supremacy Member

I feel that if you're going for such hairstyle, you should go for wilder colours. It will then bring out a different side of you. #JustSaying
I cannot appreciate that kind of hairstyle + outlook but yeah, he got nice chick with that outlook before.

And you should really change your username. I literally LOL when people call you LJ bro.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.