HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #5656

Hi all, I am not knowledgeable in regards to hair care, so i m hoping someone can educate me on my doubts.

I've been visiting a salon for hair cut since a year ago. The hair stylist noticed my dandruff issue and later hair loss issue, and have sold me a few products over this 1 year:

1. TOUCHZ professional lavender Shampoo
2. pilosome stimul b-trixil complex for hair loss(Shampoo)
3. MISTYx Extra Hair Tonic
4. Lakme k.therapy peeling Shock gel

I am suppose to apply the Shock gel every 3 days, 15mins before shower and alternate between the 2 shampoos every day. Finally apply Hair Tonic after shower.

My concern is , are these products useful and worth paying for?
I need some advice pls
1. TOUCHZ professional lavender Shampoo
It is one of my personal faves, it is a local brand but factory is in Korea. Carry on using it. Buy the 1L size and ask for discount, it is more worth.

2. By Lendan, not a well known Spanish brand locally. Lakme is way known.

3. I have nv heard of it.

4. Lakme k.therapy peeling Shock gel... Personally I'm not a fan of Lakme products.. the K.therapy active range which is to prevent hair loss made my scalp oily. And within the 5 yrs, they changed distributors 3 times, they are having a tough time here. My last company was approached to carry Lakme but I turned down. Current local disty gets products from M'sia disty, they are not official..

Currently I'm using below (anti-dandruff shampoo by Kerastase does work)

and (anti hair loss rool-on, can't tell whether it works... anyway its free... I just use it)

I switches products from time to time.
Old 31-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #5657

Guys can recommend good salon to cut hair?
Cheaper better!
Also any good shampoo and hair spray that I can get at peoples park swanston? I notice quite a few sstrands of hair come off when styling
Which area and budget?
Old 31-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #5658

Which area and budget?
West? Clementi jurong area. Under 20 possible? I don't mind go other place as long as not too far. Now still in school sstudying want spend too much to cut since gonna be alone studying most of the time.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #5659

West? Clementi jurong area. Under 20 possible? I don't mind go other place as long as not too far. Now still in school sstudying want spend too much to cut since gonna be alone studying most of the time.
West area... I have a few in my database... gotta check...
Under 20...not sure man... Where do you normally go?
I think some guys here goes to the west side salons for haircut.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #5660
Greater Supremacy Member

Bro have you tried Essensuals Bugis Hair Salon? They cut hair for MediaCorp Artistes and even other celebrities

About $30 per hair cut. But I can refer you 50% discount because I am their Blogger for their salon. So all my readers can get 50% discount straight off as long as they quote my BLOG Name

MrStyleKing.com

MrStyleKing.com is the BEST Food & Travel BLOG in Singapore, and has won the ‘Best Food & Travel Blog’ from Singapore Tourism. The chief editor behind the articles is the man who has an inexplicable love for food, travel and the finer things in life.

Mr Style King blogs at wwwMrStyleKing.com
50% seriously? who is your stylist? Wayne?
Old 31-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #5661
Greater Supremacy Member

You been there too bro?

MrStyleKing.com

MrStyleKing.com is the BEST Food & Travel BLOG in Singapore, and has won the ‘Best Food & Travel Blog’ from Singapore Tourism. The chief editor behind the articles is the man who has an inexplicable love for food, travel and the finer things in life.

would you kindly answer my question?

instead of "promoting" your blog
Old 31-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #5662
Master Member

the kanebo smell is very very important bro. i'm having withdrawal symptoms (i.e. no mood to study) without the kanebo. i totally dig the kanebo smell man

Then 1 bottle not enough la bro.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #5663
Great Supremacy Member

not sure about others but i think purple at kobayashi at FEP got good skills. $28 including cut, wash and style.
she also will give tips on hair cutting and she don't really push products
Old 31-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #5664
Master Member

Ehh. Any of the shampoos recommended? Like nice smell and good for hair ones. Intend to hoot 1 for girlfriend.
Give kanebo shampoo a try. I believe your gf should like it. Some of the bros here feedback that after trying out the kanebo shampoo samples that i gave them alongside their purchases, it turned out that their gf also liked it too. Besides the smell itself, it also plays a huge function in controlling the excess oils in the hair and removes itchiness from the scalp. Wait till netzach bro sees this. LOL
Old 31-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #5665
Master Member

Yeah think i mentioned before previously too. If you are interested, can check out Shirley Mah. Not affiliated to them in any way but yeah, just providing some 2 cents worth of opinions as its pretty affordable and decent as well. $15 for students. $16 for adults men hair cut.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #5666

Yeah think i mentioned before previously too. If you are interested, can check out Shirley Mah. Not affiliated to them in any way but yeah, just providing some 2 cents worth of opinions as its pretty affordable and decent as well. $15 for students. $16 for adults men hair cut.
saw the pictures of the salon.. it was nice.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #5667

Bro have you tried Essensuals Bugis Hair Salon? They cut hair for MediaCorp Artistes and even other celebrities

About $30 per hair cut. But I can refer you 50% discount because I am their Blogger for their salon. So all my readers can get 50% discount straight off as long as they quote my BLOG Name

MrStyleKing.com

Is it the same owner as the one in Orchard Central, also the owner of Toni&Guy Holland V and East Coast?
Old 31-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #5668
Master Member

MrStyleKing.com

50% discount sounds good leh. Share the lobang bro!
Old 31-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #5669

There is no one boss bro. There are partners. Bryan only in charged of the 1 in Bugis And I only cut at Bugis Village Shop House Level 3

MrStyleKing.com

hmmm... ok... anyway.. from what i understand Connie owns toni&guy east coast and holland v and essensuals orchard central.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #5670
Master Member

Bro ur signature missing a period. Www.*mrstyleking.com
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.